A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,586
Currently Running With Scissors:
509 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Steampunk for the Home 2013 (Sign-ups until 1/18/13 and Send-outs by 2/19/13)  (Read 9611 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2013 02:51:52 PM »

You certainly can cut sheet brass with a Dremel, if you have a rotary saw bit for it. (Don't try to use one of the abrasive cutting wheels - it'll just clog up immediately.) But the Dremel is slow and finicky; the easiest way to cut thin sheet metal is with a pair of tin snips. A good investment. (A jigsaw works too, if you happen to have one.)

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leather and lace

I'm too 'XC' for my spikes!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2013 03:14:42 PM »

You certainly can cut sheet brass with a Dremel, if you have a rotary saw bit for it. (Don't try to use one of the abrasive cutting wheels - it'll just clog up immediately.) But the Dremel is slow and finicky; the easiest way to cut thin sheet metal is with a pair of tin snips. A good investment. (A jigsaw works too, if you happen to have one.)

Wulf

Ooo, thanks. I got the thing for Christmas from my dad but I honestly don't know all that much about it. I can use the engraving bit, but that's about it. I'm trying to get my dad to help me put together a tool set (with lots of pliers and screwdrivers and dangerous things), but he doesn't see the point of using good tools for little artsy stuff. . . yet Tongue

I've got lots of good ideas, signups need to hurry up and be over so I can get started! I really want to try some new things, such as the copper plating. The whole steampunk thing seems to bring out the inventor in me  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2013 2/50
2013 Art Journal-along

LV Charlotte Bee Marie's Blog: http://little-rabbit-on-the-prairie.blogspot.com/

Little Visitors Swap
Superhero & Comic Fan Swap
Fabric Printing Swap
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2013 04:42:00 PM »

*waves white flag*
Okay, I'm going to give in and sign up.  Cheesy
I've got a house to unclutter, and I need to get ready for the local scifi/geek con that's in early march, so I was going to resist joining any swaps. But this just looks like too much fun! Eh, who needs sleep. I have coffee.^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50%
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
http://www.gofundme.com/bvnj24,help kid's chess trip
Craftsunderground
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2013 05:05:52 PM »

YAY! Score two! We are happy to have you join Bookstorebabe. And, it will be fun. Partners in a few days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teesha Moore inspired patches--anyone want to swap?
leather and lace

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2013 05:27:16 PM »

*waves white flag*
Okay, I'm going to give in and sign up.  Cheesy
I've got a house to unclutter, and I need to get ready for the local scifi/geek con that's in early march, so I was going to resist joining any swaps. But this just looks like too much fun! Eh, who needs sleep. I have coffee.^^

Yesssss! So glad to have you, bookstorebabe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2013 2/50
2013 Art Journal-along

LV Charlotte Bee Marie's Blog: http://little-rabbit-on-the-prairie.blogspot.com/

Little Visitors Swap
Fabric Printing Swap
Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2013 06:34:54 PM »

I need to get ready for the local scifi/geek con that's in early march, so I was going to resist joining any swaps.

Actually, doing this swap IS part of getting ready for your con. It'll put you in the right frame of mind at least, and might even result in something you can use for said con. So you're actually SAVING TIME by joining. Wink

Okay, who's next? Staar84! How come I don't see you signed up yet? WE NEED YOU!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Naantje
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2013 12:27:19 AM »

Aah, the anticipation is growing! I'll need to find a place with internet over the week-end, because we are moving tomorrow and the company is only going to hook up our internet on Monday, and I'll want to know who my partner is before that. Really stoked for this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
Craftsunderground
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2013 09:02:20 AM »

I need to get ready for the local scifi/geek con that's in early march, so I was going to resist joining any swaps.

Actually, doing this swap IS part of getting ready for your con. It'll put you in the right frame of mind at least, and might even result in something you can use for said con. So you're actually SAVING TIME by joining. Wink

Okay, who's next? Staar84! How come I don't see you signed up yet? WE NEED YOU!

Wulf

Wulf, I like the way you think  Grin

I am excited about this group. We have an uneven number now, so if we don't get another signup, we will do some round robin type partnering. Also, did you all know that Naantje is planning a Steampunk wedding in September? How cool is that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leather and lace

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2013 09:27:13 AM »

I am excited about this group. We have an uneven number now, so if we don't get another signup, we will do some round robin type partnering. Also, did you all know that Naantje is planning a Steampunk wedding in September? How cool is that?

A round robin would be AWESOME! And a steampunk wedding would be so wickedly cool. This swap is going to be great with all of the people we have!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2013 2/50
2013 Art Journal-along

Little Visitors Swap
Fabric Printing Swap
Craftsunderground
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2013 09:28:25 AM »

I love your enthusiasm, Leather and Lace.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Creating the Foundation Image for a Portrait
Posing the Model to Paint a Portrait
How to Paint a Portrait
Adding Finishing Touches to Your Chalk Drawing
Adding Shadow and Depth to Your Chalk Drawing
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto
@Home This Weekend: Celebrate Your State

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...