A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 298,099
Currently Running With Scissors:
699 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Steampunk for the Home 2013 (Sign-ups until 1/18/13 and Send-outs by 2/19/13)  (Read 10553 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Craftsunderground
« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2013 02:59:30 PM »

I don't know of anyone who doesn't have swap anxiety. We all want our partners to be pleased and to feel the excitement when they open it that we felt when we packed it up.
Since we have two senders, I will open a gallery (as soon as I figure out how to do it  Cheesy).
We also have one or two senders who will be a little late, and that is okay too. I am sure they will be worth the wait, so just let me know if you need a little more time.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teesha Moore inspired patches--anyone want to swap?
dustyfro
« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2013 04:51:58 PM »

Shocked  I am so afraid that this is going to break in transport!  It's so fragile, but so cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Book reviews and blog:  http://froregon.blogspot.com
wists list: http://www.wists.com/froregon

Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy. Albert Einstein
Craftsunderground
« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2013 06:00:52 PM »

Dustyfro, I have the same fear about shipping something fragile. I have everything ready to pack but I can't find a box that I feel will protect it adequately.

Wulf, I know what you mean about brass bits. I think that is why I like Steampunk so much. What other style, not counting the 90s, lets you use so many brass bits.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

libertine49
« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2013 11:37:50 PM »

All ready to send out, but apparently my boyfriend left the packing tape in his car and it melted. So, I may be a day of sending since now I need time to get tape, pack it, and then send it out. Sone are fragile and am needing tape to secure things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftsunderground
« Reply #114 on: February 19, 2013 05:37:06 AM »

Libertine49, it must be a lot warmer where you are than here in Virginia. We certainly haven't had temperatures that would melt tape this week. Although, my daffodils are starting to peek through, so warm weather is fast approaching.

No worries about sending a bit late (since you are my partner, I can say that Wink )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: February 19, 2013 04:38:33 PM »

Our daffodils were peeking out last week too, but the next snowstorm convinced them it was a misunderstanding! No danger of anything melting in the car here. Cheesy

If it helps reassure your swap anxiety, Danynn, I was wrapping my main item this morning and realized one of the most obvious features on the front of it is CROOKED! Angry (It couldn't have been fixed even if I'd noticed it sooner. That ship had sailed three coats of paint earlier!)

In the mail today. It was nice to have a partner in the same province when I had a large package to send - usually the cheaper postage is wasted on something that would be cheap anyway.

Wulf
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013 04:39:34 PM by Wulf - Reason: missing leters » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftsunderground
« Reply #116 on: February 19, 2013 05:22:25 PM »

We were lucky in our swap, we had an even number of swappers, two in Canada, two in the EU, and the rest in the US, so that made postage more reasonable for everyone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

libertine49
« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2013 12:02:32 AM »

Well, let me clarify, though it is a nice 62 degrees here, not enough to melt anything,  but my boyfriend's car sits in the stun all day and he had the tape under a leather jacket which baked out a but.  Now there is a nice little glue circle on his front seat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dustyfro
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2013 12:04:55 AM »

Anyone else feel like a crafting n00b while doing it, but a crafting MASTER when it's all finished?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Book reviews and blog:  http://froregon.blogspot.com
wists list: http://www.wists.com/froregon

Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy. Albert Einstein
ehinders
Crafting to avoid real work.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2013 09:27:44 AM »

Anyone else feel like a crafting n00b while doing it, but a crafting MASTER when it's all finished?

yes, but only if the project turns out just like I envisioned or even better. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Summer Festival Style Tips
When Should Style Wear The Pants In Politics?
How Does Gender Play Into The Politics Of Style?
The Zoe Report: Caftans
MMVA 2014: Most Memorable Red Carpet Looks
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...