A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,154
Currently Running With Scissors:
714 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cracker Box Christmas Ornament From 1970  (Read 1481 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

carolmb
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

50 Projects 2014 List total 9/24

Making things, makes life happy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: January 04, 2013 12:33:11 PM »

A little story behind these.
I have a client that is 93. She got these in 1970, if not before.  She made roughly 22 to go on her tree, then moved from Mississippi to Texas.

She had three left to make and just never got around to make them.  Well this year she asked me if I might be willing to put them together for her.

So many hours later. A lot of pins in the fingers. And I got her last three done. LOL

They are very beautiful!

This first one is called Snowflake.
I tried looking it up on the website. Yes the company is still around. But this one was not listed even in their Golden Oldies Collection

This one Lucious Lavender. I found this one listed, but the ball was not Golden any longer, but a paler purple.

This one was also called snowflake

I had thought about making some for myself off the instructions, but now I am not so sure LOL

well and wonderment
carol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013 02:33:07 PM »

These are so beautiful, but I'm curious about how the cracker Box comes into it. So sweet of you to help her finish. I've never seen such beautiful ornaments. I don't dec for holidays, but enjoy seeing other's.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
lizefd
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013 03:31:58 PM »

Those came out beautifully.  we have a number of them that my great grandmother made years ago.  I believe we even have the red snowflake one, but I don't know the name of the company that made them.  It is very nice that you helped her finish her project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
magicstx21
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013 06:04:01 PM »

So pretty, love these when my Nana had them on her tree. Cracker Box is the Brand Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Krafty_Karasu

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013 12:18:53 AM »

These are so beautiful, but I'm curious about how the cracker Box comes into it. So sweet of you to help her finish. I've never seen such beautiful ornaments. I don't dec for holidays, but enjoy seeing other's.

lol!  when I read "cracker box", I had no idea what you were talking about.  I guess it helps to read the post titles.  Roll Eyes

The Cracker Box is the name of the company.  they're from Pennsylvania, and I'm actually kinda surprised that I'd never heard of them since I lived in PA for most of my life.  here's their website.  there are TONS of ornaments to choose from!!  and they are all so pretty!!

and carolmb, you did a fantastic job with these.  I bow to your patience.  Grin  they are absolutely GORGEOUS!  the red snowflake has to be my favorite.  then again, I love snowflakes and I love red.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
carolmb

50 Projects 2014 List total 9/24

Making things, makes life happy!

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013 03:58:20 AM »

Thanks They did take a lot longer then I first thought they would. I hoped to have them done before the holidays. But in the ended up with the first two finished and had to do the red after.

I like the blue best myself. It's hard to tell but there is a lot of silver in it.  So it takes in a lot of light and shines.  It has the most pins too LOL

Her's is the purple. Says she likes the way the dark purple contracts on on it. None of her others have such a contract of color as the gold and purple. So it does look striking on the white tree LOL

And yes Cracker Box is the name of the company. They have been a round of a long long time. When I told her what they cost now. She about had a fit. Stating she didn't pay but a few dollars for each kit back in 1970.

I ordered her a catalog so she could see how many different ones they have now. Just so she could look at the images. Yeah I love to surprise my clients

well and wonderment
carol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Fondant Turtle
How to Make a Fondant Pig
How to Make a Fondant Giraffe
How to Make a Fondant Lion
How to Make a Fondant Crown
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...