A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,378
Currently Running With Scissors:
581 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Givers and Needers Swap Rnd 11 (SO 1/25 & 2/4)  (Read 17246 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2013 01:50:06 PM »

it is so cool being both a giver and a needer...kinda karmically balanced...lol

mind you I would be a needer a dozen times over if it wasn't so greedy... Smiley this time I definitely wanted to do a bit of giving too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2013 02:27:23 PM »

I'm still on the fence about this. When I first saw it I was super excited but now I don't know. What do I have to give? What would I need? I don't know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
littlefawnpug

Pug Hugs

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2013 05:04:48 PM »

I signed up as a needer.  So, anyone who sends to me-a sincere thank you in advance.  As your kindness is very much appreciated.  Next round, I want to be a giver too though.  most of my items I will use.  But, I would like to share the kindess.  And Im sure if I rummage i could find things that I have have stashed 'just in case' i would use it for a new project.  Those items, Im sure would be appreciated by a fellow frafter.  Until next round though, i plan to make a wonderful thankyou present for whom ever sends to me.  My question is though-will the person who sends to us send us some info on something they might would like as a gift?  Like maybe pot holders, soap, an amigurumi, hoopla, ect?  Or do we just stalk them and surprize them?  I just want to make sure i send something they will enjoy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
texscrapper

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2013 06:32:32 PM »

I signed up as a needer.  So, anyone who sends to me-a sincere thank you in advance.  As your kindness is very much appreciated.  Next round, I want to be a giver too though.  most of my items I will use.  But, I would like to share the kindess.  And Im sure if I rummage i could find things that I have have stashed 'just in case' i would use it for a new project.  Those items, Im sure would be appreciated by a fellow frafter.  Until next round though, i plan to make a wonderful thankyou present for whom ever sends to me.  My question is though-will the person who sends to us send us some info on something they might would like as a gift?  Like maybe pot holders, soap, an amigurumi, hoopla, ect?  Or do we just stalk them and surprize them?  I just want to make sure i send something they will enjoy.

Sometime in our lives we need to be givers, sometomes we need to be needers, and sometomes we need to be both!

Each person sending to you did fill out a portion of the Q about likes, along with links to wists or Pinterest. You will always be able to communicate once the swap is over as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for personal swaps! Longing for a "Muffin Man" type poppet for
my son.

2014 Crafts
50 Projects in 2014 - 15/50
De-stash Projects Completed - 25

Total Projects in 2014: 40
Swap Packages Sent: 14
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2013 11:35:16 PM »

I don't claim to speak for all of us who are givers but for myself, I feel a little guilty when needers thank me. I gain a great deal by giving: more space for my crafting, feeling less greedy because I'm sharing what I have been blessed to receive, excitement to see what someone else will create with what I've sent, artistically challenged to use what supplies remain (and that's still a boatload of stuff!), happy that something which has lost its appeal to me can still excite others, and gratitude from my children because the more I clear things out now the less they will have to do when I die Grin! And since I've passed the half century mark, that final day may be much sooner than I like. Wink Better get to crafting, huh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
93/50 in 2014, 47/50 in 2013
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2013 07:01:27 AM »

kbrison, you shouldn't feel guilty.  I think I speak for most needers when I say that making a tiny thank you is the least we can do and we all do it gladly.  I am a needer this round and I hope to make a fantastic little thank you for my giver that he/she will  enjoy.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
Craftsunderground
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2013 11:28:47 AM »

I have already started boxes for my giving items and put things in as I come across them. I have come to a point in my life when I have to admit that I will never use that _______ that I bought in _______ to make a __________ (truthfully, I can't remember what I was going to make) even if it is a classic and even if other people enjoy the craft. So, into the needers box it goes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teesha Moore inspired patches--anyone want to swap?
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2013 12:40:50 PM »

Underthemountain - I've seen several of your projects and know that anything you craft is going to be awesome!

Craftsunderground - I've started one large box of supplies, but won't start pulling fabrics or scrapbooking papers until I know what people need. Otherwise I'll just have to restore anything that isn't wanted. What a pain that would be!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
93/50 in 2014, 47/50 in 2013
lillyanka
Yarn Ho

Foodie, photographer wannabe, knitter, WAHM

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2013 03:15:51 PM »

I sent in my questionnaire today. I'm looking to be both a giver and a needer this month. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lillyanka/

Blog: http://www.diariodeunagourmande.com

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lillyanka/

Currently on my second read of George RR Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series.
"You know nothing, Jon Snow."
Ninaprettyballerina

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2013 04:24:27 PM »

just sent my questionaire! in!! im going to be both in this swap - great idea for a swap - just cant wait!!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
MMVA 2014: Most Memorable Red Carpet Looks
AOL Experts: Molly Simms Coredrobe
How a Teen Vogue Assistant Dresses for Work
How to Wear Man Shoes
Two Ways to Style the Mom Jean Trend
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...