A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
812 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: January 2013 Birthday Swap - Discussion and Gallery  (Read 4436 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2013 12:32:28 PM »

I received my birthday items from leighi123 today!  She sent me:

-A bold floral print cozy for my pint of ice cream, which I eat every night!   Wink  (This is really appreciated, b/c usually I just wrap a couple of paper towels around it, and that's just a waste of paper.)

-A fabric garbage bag for my car, made up of bold colors of polka dots!  (As soon as I get my car cleaned, It's going in there!)

-I did a last minute request for one of her fabric bowls in purple, and she delivered!  This is done in the same polka dot fabric as above, but with a purple top.  (I really do appreciate you sending me this item as well...my BFF's birthday is soon and her fav color is purple, so I will be gifting this to her...I hope that's allright with you!)

Thank you leighi123, thank you TroubleT for always organizing these birthday swaps, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all January babies!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gingerpeachy
Will swap for knitted hexi-puffs (beekeepers quilt) or heart-shaped buttons

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2013 08:44:12 PM »

I worked on phnxreign99's package a bit today.  Everything is right on schedule.  I hope everyone had lovely birthdays.  The month is almost over! Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly known as Sinellia.

Check out my new crafty blog! gingery peachy
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2013 05:13:59 PM »

Claims will close at 6 pm on Thursday, 1/31! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
phnxreign99

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2013 03:58:37 PM »

Working away on my claims for leighi123 and sinellia ... I just love the birthday swaps - an opportunity to make so many different things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
stellato_escuro

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2013 06:46:00 AM »

What a day in swappy world! I sent a package, recieved a package and did a ton of work redeeming another swap project I tried to kill. That last one is another story. But now I have to share my goodies! Miss Barbara claimed me for a W.I.P. basket, and boy, did she deliver!

Here are all the goodies together. Before my darling daughter started grabbing.

Here is my awesome new basket!! I didn't have anything right at that moment to fill it and make it stand up nice. But it is wonderfully made out of really pretty yarn, and it's the perfect size. And I think I know just the project to put in there...

My little girl turned three a few weeks before my birthday, so she really doesn't get that mommy has a birthday of her own. So we opened gifts together. I also had to share this pic because it shows the awesome wrapping paper!

And here are the extras! Two boxes of my favorite teas, peppermint and green, a cake in a cup and post-its. Yay! I took the cake to the office for when I am having a case of the Mondays.

Miss Barbara, you kicked butt and totally made my day. Also, I love the bright orange paper you used to wrap it up. It looked so fun on my porch! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog for current projects and swap stalking info: daydreamhouse.wordp ress.com
Lots and lots of things to be made: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/
phnxreign99

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2013 08:11:05 AM »

Love the basket!  And where did you get the cake in a cup?!  That's awesome  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2013 03:34:05 PM »

I am so glad you like the package!  I'm going to have to make one of those baskets for me someday!  They certainly are stash busters like you said! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

phnxreign99

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2013 10:43:21 PM »

I received a great birthday package from stellato_escuro today - awesome shrinky dink stitch markers and a crochet necklace ... but it's going to be just a couple days until I can upload pics cuz of my work schedule!  If you have pics, Katherine, feel free to post them in the meantime ... today was a 14 hour shift (I never get out on time!), so I end up getting home AFTER bedtime  Tongue  And I have two more days of work to go ... ugh!

But ... I LOVE MY NEW STITCH MARKERS  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

phnxreign99

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2013 04:53:09 AM »

I received an amazing assortment of bath goodies from sinellia yesterday ... Wow, was I spoiled!  I'll be catching up on picture posting tomorrow.  Can't wait to take pics ... Cuz then I can start using them!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013 09:08:02 AM by phnxreign99 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

phnxreign99

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2013 09:39:47 AM »

Finally - time off to post a few pictures and send out thank yous for the wonderful birthday gifts!

First up a picture of my new stitch markers and crochet necklace from stellato_escuro ...

Of all the stitch markers I've seen and pinned I never thought of shrinky dink ones - love them!  (Who doesn't love shrinky dinks?!)  I was actually carrying them around this morning enjoying the clinking sound they make together ... Thanks Katherine, just what I needed!

Next up is my package from Ginger aka sinellia ... talk about getting spoiled!  Here's what my package included:

Lavendar Chocolate Lip Balm (missing from the picture - already taken to work and sitting in my locker!)
- Lemon Meringue Body Butter
- Lime Coconut Salt Scrub
- Lemon Meringue Sugar Scrub
- Grapefruit Eucalyptus Soap
- Apple Bath Truffles
- A precious little embroidery of a narwhal
- Tiny flower pots with seeds to grow!
- and a copy of Bhagavad Gita - because of my love of religions.

My evening plans including a long wonderful apple truffle bath followed by a sea salt scrub of the feet and scrubbing everywhere else with sugar!  And finishing up with a rub down of Lemon Meringue Body Butter! (and I'll be reading the Bhagavad Gita while in the tub!)

Thanks again, Ginger, for the awesome birthday gifts ... I'm doing some finishing touches on your and they will be in the mail soon!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013 08:50:08 PM by phnxreign99 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Touchup Portraits in Photoshop
How to Create Fruit in Photoshop
How to Create Text Effects in Photoshop
How to Create a Poster Advert in Photoshop
How to Use Layers in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...