A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
663 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing ATC Swap Discussion Thread for 2013!  (Read 27879 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

whatthepuck
« Reply #220 on: September 05, 2013 05:53:13 AM »

Has anyone else noticed more cards getting lost? Is it just me? I feel like every month I have a card go missing. (We won't talk about the one I forgot to put a stamp on and came back to me later.) I know the woman at the post office hates me, but I doubt she's amassing a huge ATC collection from my cards.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Swaps:
Kids Craft
Altered Puzzle Piece
Mini 13 DoH
July ATC 2/0/0

Would love to personal swap for Blythe granny square hat(s)
CDEeeek
« Reply #221 on: September 05, 2013 10:08:38 AM »

I did notice it in the last few months. I feel lucky not to have had anything go missing, either coming or going. Even to/from Germany! It makes me wonder where on Earth that stuff gets away to.

And michelleandbean, I too have a mail lady who seems to "hate" me. I get a lecture every time from her: "This package is too square." "This envelope is too thick." "This envelope is too small, we have to hand cancel." "This used box had writing on it, you know we have free boxes don't you?" and then she gives me this really stern look, like I should just take my package and go home. Lady, just add the extra postage and let it go will ya? I swear, once I put extra postage on an ATC, and went in to make sure it was enough. She actually said "Oh yes, it's actually wayyyy too much." Stern look.  Huh LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I has a pinterest: http://pinterest.com/cdeeeek/

"It's an electronics store, Major, not Basra. Get it under control."
kosmicgirl
ATC ringmaster ;)

~best of 2013 winner!~

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 05, 2013 01:09:59 PM »

...once I put extra postage on an ATC, and went in to make sure it was enough. She actually said "Oh yes, it's actually wayyyy too much." Stern look.  Huh LOL

*shakes head* They are all insane. The worst part is that they ALL give you different information, depending on which post office you go to. Best complain I got at the PO was "this envelope is too beautiful, some one might steal it" !!!!!!! (great going admitting to that happening!)
But all jokes aside; I'm not doing this that long, but I have the feeling things disappear waaaay more often than they should. I mean, we are all just sending stuff for fun, but imagine important stuff getting lost at the same rate...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cmarion3
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Earth Crone

I'm a Craftster BEST OF 2013 Winner!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: September 06, 2013 05:54:21 PM »

I use the kiosk, but really it is a guessing game. I had one envelope require and additional .95 cents before they delivered it, for no good reason I could figure out. I'd sent thicker and odder shapes for the same price. Luckily the recipient paid it ( I sent her a thank you, a dollar and a bonus).

I really want to know where all the undeliverables get to!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ATC's Always
Monsters and Art Dolls
Art Journaling and Fabric Art Journaling
Mixed Media Madwoman
50 Projects in 2014
cmarion3

Earth Crone

I'm a Craftster BEST OF 2013 Winner!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: September 06, 2013 05:56:22 PM »

On another note. As these awesome ATCs pile up. I'm thinking of repurposing them (with due credit) as cards to family and friends. I can see some of them making awesome get well cards. Kind of a cop out, I could make my own cards, but I want to share the fun.

What do you think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ATC's Always
Monsters and Art Dolls
Art Journaling and Fabric Art Journaling
Mixed Media Madwoman
50 Projects in 2014
redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #225 on: September 08, 2013 03:43:17 PM »

I think that is an awesome idea to re-purpose!
I wanted to share the most awesome birthday atc I rec'd from blupaisan! I love gone with the wind and this is so perfect!! Smiley thank you lovely lady!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

WideEyedLife
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #226 on: September 09, 2013 06:56:40 AM »

Love the Gone With the Wind ATC!  Great job, blu!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blupaisan

crayyyyyyzeeeeeee about cats!!!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/WackobelleEarrings

« Reply #227 on: September 12, 2013 05:04:53 PM »

*** HAPPY BIRTHDAY*** to our current organizer, redstar13!! Many happy returns.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It were lightnin'...
CDEeeek
« Reply #228 on: September 14, 2013 05:09:48 AM »

So for as much griping as my husband does about all the craft stuff laying around, he actually does like the stuff I make. He always takes photos for me(he is a pretty talented amateur photographer), and yesterday, he really made my day.

I had to work(of course, I have virtually no time off), and he had a vacation day. He went into town to pick up some stuff we needed. He calls me and says "I'm going by the scrapbook store, do you want any new papers? Halloween? Anything?". I did need some papers, so it was really awesome. I was able to finish an ATC last night because of that!

Anyway, just thought I'd share some praise, sometimes I think other people just don't "get" my craft obsession. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I has a pinterest: http://pinterest.com/cdeeeek/

"It's an electronics store, Major, not Basra. Get it under control."
WideEyedLife
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #229 on: September 15, 2013 05:46:16 AM »

So for as much griping as my husband does about all the craft stuff laying around, he actually does like the stuff I make. He always takes photos for me(he is a pretty talented amateur photographer), and yesterday, he really made my day.

I had to work(of course, I have virtually no time off), and he had a vacation day. He went into town to pick up some stuff we needed. He calls me and says "I'm going by the scrapbook store, do you want any new papers? Halloween? Anything?". I did need some papers, so it was really awesome. I was able to finish an ATC last night because of that!

Anyway, just thought I'd share some praise, sometimes I think other people just don't "get" my craft obsession. Smiley

My hubby is the same way.  He's so supportive of any and every project I do.  Our house is always a project zone, since I'm an artist and he's a painter, and we're always doing all sorts of everything.  So projects lieing around just mutually inspire.  He's awesome that way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sleek Ponytail Hair Tutorial
How To Get "Sombre" and Balayage Hair
The Monday Makeover - Textured Knot Tutorial
The Monday Makeover - Masculine Chignon Tutorial
The Monday Makeover - New Evening Bob Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto
@Home This Weekend: Celebrate Your State

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...