A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 299,128
Currently Running With Scissors:
402 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing ATC Swap Discussion Thread for 2013!  (Read 30519 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

leather and lace

I'm too 'XC' for my spikes!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2013 09:19:50 AM »

So I'm pretty sure the Postmaster lady in the town my school is in thinks I'm nuttier than squirrel poop. Usually I just drop ATCs in the blue box, but sometimes I need to go inside for tape, stamps, etc. This last time I needed proof of posting for the journal prompt swap. Since we don't have that specific thing in the U.S, I went inside and asked her to put postage on and give me a receipt. She looked at me kind of funny and said "I can sell you some stamps, and you can put them on yourself. . . ."

to which I responded that that wasn't the issue, what I needed was proof that I sent them. Well, she picked up the envelopes and bent them and said, "What is in here?"

and I said, "Umm, pieces of cardboard. . . with. . . paper. . . glued on them?"

Needless to say, she didn't ask any more questions and wordlessly sold me ten stamps and wrote out a receipt, after which I hightailed it out of there like the weirdo I am.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2013 2/50
2013 Art Journal-along

LV Charlotte Bee Marie's Blog: http://little-rabbit-on-the-prairie.blogspot.com/

Little Visitors Swap
Superhero & Comic Fan Swap
Fabric Printing Swap
corchen
Long-time lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013 05:00:54 PM »

I am very annoyed - we have had no post all week! And I know for as fact that we should have had deliveries the day before yesterday Sad It seems that two inches of snow really does make the UK grind to a halt... *sad*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Absolutely up for personal swaps, especially ATCs, PM me if you're interested.

Beginning wister: corchen
leather and lace

I'm too 'XC' for my spikes!

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2013 08:00:57 AM »

I'm very frustrated with myself at the moment. I feel like I'm in an ATC rut-- I write the medium of each card on the back, and it feels like all I've written this month and the last half of December is "Ink and Prismacolors". I was especially unhappy with some of the cards I sent in my last batch; they just didn't say "I made this," to me, yet I sent them anyway. So, to fancybutch, cabaute, and corchen, don't be surprised if you receive an extra card later on Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2013 2/50
2013 Art Journal-along

LV Charlotte Bee Marie's Blog: http://little-rabbit-on-the-prairie.blogspot.com/

Little Visitors Swap
Superhero & Comic Fan Swap
Fabric Printing Swap
Oath Keeper

Addicted to Plushies...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2013 09:25:25 AM »

Ah I wouldn't feel to bad about it Leather and Lace. I think we all have a medium we enjoy using and may over use sometimes (Namely myself and my love for watercolor and ink together Cheesy lol) But I see it as the style, care and story behind the ATC that makes them great. Not so much what they are made of. Plus (I know I can't speak for everyone but) I love getting your prismacolor and ink cards. *Stars lovingly at Nightcrawler ATC on display*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gozer
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2013 01:53:13 PM »

Funny you should say that Leather and Lace, because the card I sent you this month is in a new medium and I almost didn't send it. I am so used to and confortable with my trusty markers that sending anything else scares me!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

cabaute

Fickle Crafter Extraordinaire

A loving heart is the truest wisdom. -Dickens

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2013 04:50:31 PM »

Just realized there is a discussion thread as I was thinking to myself "I wonder where I should put this update info...?"  (Bonks self on forehead...)

So, to fancybutch, cabaute, and corchen, don't be surprised if you receive an extra card later on Smiley.

Sadie, I know what you mean about getting into ruts; I have my own favorite techniques too... That said, I loved your card!

An update on all my outstanding cards (I'm at 12/5/3) - I really need a color printer for some of the components.  My HP inkjet died about 6 months ago, so I finally broke down and ordered a new Epson, which should arrive tomorrow (!).  I work during normal business hours, so that means I'll probably just be able to get it all set up tomorrow, and realistically won't have much time to spend making until Saturday.  I should be able to send them out on Monday, which is the date of my soonest outstanding "send by".  Just wanted to let everyone know!  The cards within the US should arrive next week... Not sure about the timing for the last one, due by 02/05 to Cindy (Homerof2) in Canada.

Hm... As I'm posting I'm now wondering... Based on the format for all the other swaps I guess I've just assumed that the "due by" date is the "send by" date... But is that supposed to be when they are arriving to partners (uh-oh)?  Surely not.... I really hope not!!!  Eeek!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/cabaute/
Yay!  I had a featured project! Faux Taxidermy introducing Sheldon, the Shoebill Crane
I love personal swaps!
Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

don't worry, be happy. for realz.

Mo' bettah you live Hawai`i

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2013 06:05:09 PM »

Fear not! It is, indeed the send date, so no worry!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cabaute

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013 06:15:03 PM »

Fear not! It is, indeed the send date, so no worry!

WHEW!   Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay!  I had a featured project! Faux Taxidermy introducing Sheldon, the Shoebill Crane
I love personal swaps!
cabaute

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2013 08:31:11 AM »

Another question I've been confused about (and based on a recent claim I'm not alone):  when listing # claimed / # sent / # received, I've assumed that the "received" number is how many of the cards which I sent have been received by my partner.  But, it *could* mean how many I, personally, have received from people who claimed me.  Can someone confirm the protocol?

Hm... Off to re-review ATC FAQs, in case (but it took a long time to type this on my phone, so I'm going to go ahead and post here in the meantime!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

don't worry, be happy. for realz.

Mo' bettah you live Hawai`i

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2013 12:14:24 PM »

Haha yes, it's how many cards you made that have been received by partners Smiley. (And, theoretically, the first number should decrease every time the last number increases, if that makes sense!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Celebrity Hairstyles - Beyoncé Knowles
Finishing the Jessica Simpson Style
Spraying and Curling the Hair - Jessica Simpson
Diagonal Sectioning the Hair - Jessica Simpson
Sectioning the Hair - Jessica Simpson
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...