A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 300,934
Currently Running With Scissors:
644 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing ATC Swap Discussion Thread for 2013!  (Read 30656 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KittyHerman

Large Marge sent me.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2013 10:36:23 AM »

Thanks for all the suggestions...I kept my favorites and added a couple.

leather and lace I love your blue hair theme. I've had blue/teal hair for about 6 years now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can't stop....

......MUST MAKE MORE ATC'S!!!!

Personal Swaps?..... Yes, please Grin
LauraM
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2013 03:31:42 PM »

leather and lace - I have (what I think is) a cute idea for your victoria's secret one! I just can't claim until the 6th! lol Can't wait!

I'm also dying to do the "DRAW THIS PONY" from Oath Keeper 's list, but she only needs one more and there are 4 days to go, so she'll probably get claimed for it by then. Fingers crossed though! hehe Something about the urgency of it being typed in all caps and so specific just cracks me up. That and I have a mini-collection of MLP figures so I have a sweet spot for ponies. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Open for personal swaps! | http://pinterest.com/lmillerphotos/ | Ongoing ATC Swap - Crafting & Sending

If there was a patch for ATC addiction, I would probably try to decorate it and mail it to someone.
whatthepuck
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2013 06:14:59 AM »

leather and lace -

I'm also dying to do the "DRAW THIS PONY" from Oath Keeper 's list, but she only needs one more and there are 4 days to go, so she'll probably get claimed for it by then. Fingers crossed though! hehe Something about the urgency of it being typed in all caps and so specific just cracks me up. That and I have a mini-collection of MLP figures so I have a sweet spot for ponies. lol

I've been thinking about doing a MLP cutie mark theme.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Portia my Little Visitor's facebook

Swaps:
Secret Santa
Little Visitor
Nov ATC 2/0/0
llisaredd
While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats. - Mark Twain

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2013 10:38:28 AM »

I'm thinking of joining but wanted to ask a few questions first if that's alright.

Do most of you buy your blanks or make your own? If you make them, what is your favorite material to make blanks from?
When mailing/shipping, how do you protect your ATC?
Is it customary to include a sleeve for the ATC?

Thank you Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StickerChic87
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2013 10:42:53 AM »

I buy a pack of playing cards (usually only $1) and use those for the base, and then just glue the paper to them. When I send, I put it in a clear sleeve (buy these from the baseball card section) and then put a small loop of tape on the back of the sleeve and put it in a card or folded scrap of scrapbook paper.

I cant believe February is already here! I need to join up soon! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2013 10:51:14 AM »

I'm thinking of joining but wanted to ask a few questions first if that's alright.

Do most of you buy your blanks or make your own? If you make them, what is your favorite material to make blanks from?

Thank you Smiley

I do both.  I had a bunch bought for me for my birthday from Hobby Lobby.  For the most part, I make my own, usually out of watercolor paper since I do a lot of watercolor.  I also use cardboard packaging a lot for my bases.

I put all my ATCs into sleeves and then tape it into a greeting card.  You can usually get a pack of 6 greeting cards from Michaels for $1.  I find the card does a pretty good job protecting the ATC.  Also, taping the ATC into the card is really important, so that just in case the sorting machine slices open part of your envelope, which its been known to do, your ATC will stay in the card and hopefully still make it to its home.

You don't have to include a sleeve.  That's totally preference.  If you didn't want to, you could always just cut slits into the card you;re sending it in so it fits into it and stays in place on its trip.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
whatthepuck
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2013 02:24:18 PM »

I usually print my blanks out on card stock. I cut pieces of cardboard (soda boxes, cereal boxes....) and put the card in between for shipping. I put a little piece of tape on each side so the card can't slip out. I don't use plastic sleeves.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Portia my Little Visitor's facebook

Swaps:
Secret Santa
Little Visitor
Nov ATC 2/0/0
Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Loving life being a full-time wife

« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2013 04:05:16 PM »

I use card stock for my base and sometimes double it if I want to hide the back of a card, especially if sewing or felt marker is involved.  I put all my cards in a little zipper bag (I got a package of 30 or so from the Dollar Store)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leather and lace

I'm too 'XC' for my spikes!

« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2013 04:59:08 PM »

Thank you Smiley

Personally, I like to cut cardboard boxes, like cereal boxes, into ATC size. I have a small papercutter thing that works really well (like this one. Different brand, same idea.). Sometimes I also buy a large sheet of chipboard at the craft store , and then I get really thick bases. I like my cards very sturdy.

I also like to put my cards in the baseball sleeves, just because they are very cheap ($2 for 100-150), and I feel it's more professional that way. And I make sure to tape them to a stiff card, because since ATCs are more or less the size of credit cards, I don't want any thieves ripping them open, looking for a credit card being mailed.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2013 2/50
2013 Art Journal-along

LV Charlotte Bee Marie's Blog: http://little-rabbit-on-the-prairie.blogspot.com/

Little Visitors Swap
Superhero & Comic Fan Swap
Fabric Printing Swap
llisaredd
While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats. - Mark Twain

« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2013 05:49:37 PM »

Thanks for all the answers Smiley

I thought of another question - I've seen that there are templates for the back. What is one supposed to put on the back? Name/Date/Title?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bobbie Thomas With Marlo Thomas
How to Lock Your Lashes in Place
Advanced Style With Ilona Royce Smithkin
Fall Makeup DIY with Sarah Lucero
Superfoods For Your Skin? Our Expert Shares the Latest Must Haves
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...