A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,105
Currently Running With Scissors:
498 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: For regular mall-goers...  (Read 18573 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

starlette13
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2006 03:15:32 AM »

for all these things, don't just try looking on the ground - ask the associates! i work in a clothing store and i know that we for one have a stash of old sequins, buttons, sparkles, belts/ties that came with garments, etc

i raid the drawer pretty often  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

happysmiley474
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2006 07:03:01 PM »

wow. CHARMS? u find charms on the ground? im always looking for charms but cant seem to find any...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LOLMegan

You all everybody!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2006 05:23:38 PM »

I think the best thing I've found was 19 bucks on the ground at the mall. It was in an area that wasn't too busy. I felt really guilty, so I walked up to every person I saw around that area and asked them if they had lost any money. Had they said yes, I would have asked how much exactly. But no one had, so I pocketed it and spent it about 5 minutes later =P
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftsters fear the ordinary, not the impossible!
ThisChiq

Your booty shivers me timbers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2007 10:36:06 PM »

Haha. My family and I are big on this. We went on a trip from about San Diego California to San Fransisco CA and found a TON of change and small bills. The whole trip (which was about 3 days) we'd get out to strech legs and hear "OMG LOOK WHAT I JUST FOUND!." Buttons, rings, earrings, notes, boxes...
We stopped off of the I 5 to 'whale watch' and found $5 in quarters and dimes.
If Im not mistaken, we found about $40 in change between the 5 of us.

We even had a chance to stop at a lighthouse (a rare thing for people in CA to see) and we saw an old phone booth with the rotary phone. It still worked. The best part was when my 12 year old sister asked "Um, what is that thing?"  Oh how I love explaining the 'old days' to someone only 10 years younger than me.  =D

((I know that had nothing to do with the thread but I thougt Id share))
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Autumn indicates the death of beauty as we know
Keep on fighting one died from burning at his throat
Autumn swiftly stole the breath of body, mind and soul
 -10 Years "Autumn Effect"
CohesiveChaos
CohesiveChaos.com

I've kissed alot of frogs - only found 1 prince

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2007 06:10:52 PM »

I found a barbie in a convenience store parking lot.  Poor thing looked like she had been rode hard and put away wet.  I revived her and gave her a new life as a OOAK fairy.  lol Found objects rock
THIS ROCKS   Logged

life is what you make it - make it art & make it beautiful
craftykat2007
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2007 08:03:52 AM »

I always find broken jewellery in public toilets. It's funny because my boyfriend always asks why I take so long in the loo and he never believes me when I say I was picking up beads!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hooksforfeet
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2007 05:04:11 PM »

I have a little bit of a pet-peeve about picking things up off the ground. It's one thing if it's a chain or some beads...but I couldn't bring myself to wear a bathroom floor earring.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2007 02:08:37 AM »

When I was really really little (I'm guessing between 3 and 6) my best friend/neighbor, her little sister, and me went to the mall with their mom and y'know those colorful things that say like S, M, L, XL, ect? We found a bunch of them somewhere in the store or something and we snuck them into our pockets or something and we brought them back to their house and we put them into a large jar, lol.

Also, when I was younger I had a habit of picking up pennies that I'd find. I almost got hit by a car once because I wouldn't get out of the road because I was trying to pick up a penny that was stuck to the ground (in gum).... >_>;;

Oh! When I went to an amusement park with my mom and grandma and possibly aunt when I was younger, I think it was Oak's Park? I found a rubber ducky or something and it squeeked. =) I kept it <333

In 5th grade I found an old navy tank top in the river, in 4th grade my dad found a jacket in the bed of his truck and it was my size coinsidentally. xD and hmm.....Sometime in elementary, I went to my town's river/beach area (it sucks, lol) and I found a sandal, an electric blanket, scooby doo boxers, and I think I found a condom, lol. I forget. ^^;; I wanted the boxers because I loved scooby and I think I wanted the blanket too but my mom wouldnt let me take them ((Good momma))

I don't really find stuff anymore >_< Theres a pair of hollister pants sitting on an electric box down the road from me, I know who's they are (friend of my neighbor) and I'd thought about taking them since they've been there since prolly Jan, Feb, or March? but Then I desided against it cuz I had no reason to take them, but every now and then I pass them and I still think "Maybe I should take them..."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/lunaestrelladesign/
Deviantart: http://melonpan-alichan.deviantart.com/

Will happily do personal swaps Smiley I'm busy so I may be a bit slow, but I do enjoy swapping <3
splitfallinleaf
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2007 02:54:39 PM »

I was walking home from organic chemistry class one day and saw something shiny in the gravel...turns out to be a random red glass bead. I hung it from a scrap of fabric leftover from a skirt I made on the window, so now it's gorgeously blood red when the sun shines through it Smiley

One of my friends found an (intact) dead butterfly and brought it to me. It's sitting on a little stand I made out of recycled paper on my desk.

Another find that made me happy - I was in the library trying to decide which books to get (I love to read) and pulled one out just because it had an interesting cover  Cheesy and something fell out. It turned out to be a little package of those little tab-like post-it notes of colored plastic strips that you put on the edges of pages in a binder to mark new sections, etc. I've never bought one but they were so pretty, all rainbow colored, so I took them home Smiley

I found a book on lovebirds in a male friend's dorm room. He had no clue how it got there and told me I was free to take it, so I did. Lots of lovely bird pictures... I think I might use them to decorate my wall.

I love finding little treasures like that Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kenzer72
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2007 12:02:40 AM »

I love trinkets.  Cheesy

My favorite find is definitely the two metal clasp things I've found on the ground. They are the kind that hook to a belt loop or whatever and can attach to your keyrings.

LOVE.  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Diamond Buying Guide
How Diamonds are Graded
Learn what to Look for when Purchasing a Diamond Ring
How to Make a Polymer Clay Pendant
How to buy an Engagement Ring - Part 5
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...