A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,744
Currently Running With Scissors:
464 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Experimenting in the Kitchen Along  (Read 21373 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #120 on: March 08, 2013 01:14:47 PM »

Oops, I missed one:
Turkey Avocado Burrito: Not bad. Very similar to some of our "Holy crap I don't have a plan what do we eat?!" meals we do, but we don't usually use turkey or avocado so it was a nice switch up. I won't keep that specific recipe but it will be a help to our "Holy crap..." nights in the future. Very quick and easy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
cinnamon teal
« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2013 02:25:05 PM »

Last night I made Beef, Mushroom, and Broccoli Stir-Fry. But I forgot to take a picture. Oops!

It's just like broccoli beef that you get at a Chinese take out place except with mushrooms. It was pretty quick, easy, and yummy. No major complaints. I'll probably add a little crushed red pepper next time, just to give it a little heat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican

« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2013 04:53:55 PM »

I haven't been taking pictures lately but I have a couple to add to the list. I've been using the Picky Palate blog a lot recently. Both of these are from there.

Chicken Bacon Ranch Enchiladas AWESOME. Amazing. I loved these. They were so good and pretty easy to make, too. Even awesome with the sauce in a burrito the next day.

Avocado Chicken Salad Meh, I made it for lunch and ate it in pita pockets. Not bad. Meh.

Slow Cooker Jumbalaya Yeah, I made this specifically for my husband and dumped in some "pepper pulp" my FIL bought him from the Tabasco place in Louisiana... Yeah, I put in too much pepper pulp. G thought it was great but the kids couldn't eat it.

Lemon Honey Dijon Chicken YUCK. G said it smelled like S*** and didn't taste much better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2013 07:18:26 PM »

The low Carb/high protein/gluten free pi day pie I made, chopped cashew crust, 1 cupnsugar free strawberry yogurt, 1 package sugar free chocolate pudding, 12oz milk and 6oz cream cheese and almonds on top. Very yummy actually

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
cinnamon teal
« Reply #124 on: March 24, 2013 05:11:47 PM »

I've got two more recipes for you. First, the fail:

Magic Custard Cake

Unfortunately, this one just didn't have much flavor and it was kind of yucky. Mr. CT and I each ate just one piece and we threw the rest away. But it sure looks pretty, doesn't it? Tongue

This next recipe was a winner. Salmon with Lentils and Mustard-Herb Butter

It was straight up delicious. It calls for a lot of butter, but honestly, I think if you broiled the salmon instead of frying it and used less in the rest of the recipe it would still be delicious. Two enthusiastic thumbs up!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: March 26, 2013 06:59:42 AM »

I finally have the list of links updated. However, I've been leaving off recipes that people have stated were gross.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Smeddley

« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2013 04:51:46 AM »

I don't have pictures, but (as a joke!) I was given the 50 Shades of Chicken cookbook, and I've made two recipes from it.  A cranberry chicken and a peanut and spinach chicken.  Both were delicious!

The book is humorous, and the recipes seem pretty darn good.  I'd... actually recommend it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jexxican

« Reply #127 on: March 29, 2013 07:05:27 AM »

Sorry I keep forgetting to take pics, but this Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup/ was soooooo good! It seemed like the ingredients added up to more than my big Crock Pot could hold, but it was still sooooo good. Even great as leftover. And after it had been in my fridge for over a week and I decided to pull it out to discard it but hadn't discarded it yet because I'm lazy it made my kitchen smell sooooo good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- G. K. Chesterton

jexxican

« Reply #128 on: April 05, 2013 09:24:58 AM »

Stuffed pizza Bread So good. So easy. Rave reviews from my 6 year old. Would be easy to switch around and make it all yours. Maybe a little less butter next time?

Spinach Chicken Mushroom Manicotti Loved it. The husband didn't like too much but he isn't fond of tomato stuff so that may have been his problem. Ooh, could use a layer of mozz on top before you bake it, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- G. K. Chesterton

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2013 06:56:10 PM »

Lemonade fudge. The recipe can be found Shugary Sweets, but it used a limited edition  Duncan Hines frosting creations flavor packet, so you may not be able to replicate it exactly. I could only find one, so I had to improvise on the drizzle decoration.  They were yummy though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet an 8 Inch Hole Christmas Tree Skirt Part 1/6
How to Crochet an 8 Inch Hole Christmas Tree Skirt Part 2/6
How to Crochet an 8 Inch Hole Christmas Tree Skirt Part 3/6
How to Crochet Adult Size Sock Slippers Part 9/29
How to Crochet Adult Size Sock Slippers Part 4/29
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...