A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,669
Currently Running With Scissors:
685 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Experimenting in the Kitchen Along  (Read 21248 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cinnamon teal
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2013 05:47:33 PM »

Hehe. No, no tart for Caleb. But I did make him some cranberry and peanut dog biscuits for his birthday. It's really fun to bake for him because, well, he's a dog and he'll eat just about anything. So I can just make it up and he'll love them no matter what.  Grin

I made these with canned pumpkin (about 1.5 cups), some peanut butter (about half a cup), honey (2 big spoonfuls), a big handful of craisins and another big handful of peanuts plus an egg. Then I added just enough flour so it came together as a dough and wasn't sticky anymore. Then I just rolled 'em out and cut them with a shot glass and baked them at 350 for about 20-30 minutes. He loves them so much! Oh, and I also put them in the dehydrator afterwards so I could store them on the counter but you could totally just store them in the freezer instead.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2013 08:44:26 PM »

Those look delicious and fit for human consumption!! What a lucky birthday boy Smiley

I just made this Sour and Spicy Salad with Glass Noodles from a recipe here on Craftster. It was great!

Of course I changed it up a bit because I don't like to buy a billion new ingredients. I didn't use any meat or seafood, and added some celery and clover sprouts. I used rice noodles instead of glass noodles because that's all I could find, but they look like the same thing (?). For the dressing, I omitted the fish sauce and chilies and used vegetable broth instead of pork broth. The dressing was good but I didn't make enough so I ended up pouring on some sweet chili dressing I bought for another recipe. It was tasty but HOT! My lips were burning.

I'll definitely make this again--I like the addition of the noodles to a salad. Lots of variations possible with this recipe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cinnamon teal
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2013 09:02:42 PM »

oooh! That sounds yummy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2013 01:59:47 PM »

This is officially the BEST recipe I've tried yet!!

I just finished making this Cheddar Cauliflower Soup and it was FANTASTIC!!

I pretty much halved the recipe since I only had about half a cauliflower's worth of florets left over from another recipe (except for the cheese--I doubled the cheese!!). I left out the bay leaves, used light sour cream, sharp cheddar, and a big packet of French's Dijon mustard with Chardonnay that I got for free. It made the perfect amount for lunch--filled up a big bowl and I ate every bit. It was so cheesy and tangy from the mustard that I didn't even need Cheezits on the side! So so so good and definitely a keeper. Easy as pie, too--nothing goes to waste because you use the water that you boil the florets in as part of the soup.

Yum!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Acadian Driftwood
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2013 04:09:29 PM »

I've been eyeing this cookalong, and I'm jumping in tonight with this falafel recipe.

It was my first time making falafel, and it was seriously yummy. I'm most certainly making it again! Pretty easy too, and took less than an hour. Plus I got to play with my new food processor. Smiley

Rating from the meat-eating boyfriend: "Delicious!"
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013 04:30:09 PM by Acadian Driftwood » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
Trekky

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2013 05:41:00 AM »

Acadian Driftwood - those falafels look amazing.  Thanks for sharing the recipe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftytrekky.blogspot.com/

I have lots of train tickets (I get the train most days), if anyone wants some for papercrafting just send me a PM Smiley
katara
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2013 06:01:03 AM »

Gluten-free Sweet Potato Hash with Eggs

Recipe link: http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/gluten-free-sweet-potato-hash-eggs#

I was a bit hesitant to try this recipe out at first but I was pleasantly surprised! The sweet potato goes amazingly well with the egg yolk. In my opinion it's at it's nicest when the yolk is still runny. I made my fried eggs sunny-side-up. I will definitely be making this again-and-again!

I'm pinning the cauliflower soup - sounds tasty!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013 06:05:03 AM by katara » THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2013 10:14:43 AM »

That looks yummy. I like my eggs sunny side up as well. I may have to try this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2013 01:48:32 PM »

The falafel recipe looks yummy!

I also love sweet potatoes and there is nothing better than a farm fresh egg sunny side up! I will try this one for sure!

and the cauliflower soup...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2013 05:27:48 PM »

I have to play catch up again.

Maple and Brown Sugar Pork

Recipe here.

Verdict: It was okay. I didn't really get a maple and brown sugar flavor from it though. I thought the thyme sort of overpowered the other flavors. My husband really liked it, but it was more of a meh dish for me.

Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Shells

Recipe here.

Verdict: Eh. My family told me it was good but I didn't think it was anything special. Just your typical stuffed pasta taste. I probably won't make it again.

Chicken Tikka Masala {Crockpot}

Recipe here.

Verdict: It was good. It was also kind of spicy and I didn't even put in the full amount (of the lowest suggested option) of cayenne pepper. It also made a lot. So even though I really liked it, I doubt I would make it again, as Indian food isn't really the kind of food I can eat over and over again as leftovers.

Beef with Broccoli

Recipe here.

Verdict: My husband said the sauce was divine. I thought it a tad strong, but still really good. It was a quick meal to throw together and I'm sure I'll be making it again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Rita Hayworth Hair Style
Organic Hair Color Challenge
How to Do an Easy Updo Hair Style
How to Syle Your Hair Quickly
How to Blow Dry Bangs
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...