A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,696
Currently Running With Scissors:
600 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Experimenting in the Kitchen Along  (Read 22453 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2013 10:46:35 AM »

I'm falling behind. I have at least 2 maybe 3 new recipes I've tried that I haven't got uploaded yet. I took pictures, so I need to find my camera so I can get them posted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
jexxican

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2013 04:53:29 PM »

I tried those Taco Pasta Shells last night. They were alright. G called them Enchila-pasta.

Also, I tried these Double Crunch Honey Garlic Pork Chops Tuesday. Verdict? The kids gobbled them down which says something. I may have starved them that day before hand, though. The breading is very strongly flavored. I think we will keep the recipe for future use.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2013 09:24:19 PM »

Time to play catch up.

Roasted Red Pepper Enchiladas & Chile con Queso

For the enchiladas I did a mix of two recipes. I got the sauce recipe here and the filling recipe here. The Queso recipe is here

Verdict: The enchiladas were good. The sauce was super easy and the stuffing was easy as well. I'll make them again for sure. As for the queso . . . it was good, but it wasn't my favorite. It might have been the Worcestershire sauce that I didn't like. I may leave it out if I make it again.

Spinach Tomato Tortellini

Recipe found here.

Verdict: My husband thought it was really good. I just thought it was okay. It was really easy to make though, so I'll be making it again for sure.

Rockstar Cheesy Stuffed Meat Loaf

Recipe here.

Verdict: It was good, but not my favorite meatloaf recipe. Although, if you just wanted to try out the cheesy middle you could easily add it to your favorite meatloaf.

Raspberry Lemonade Cupcakes

Recipe here.

Verdict: Super super yummy. I especially loved the frosting. If you like raspberries you love these cupcakes. The cupcake itself, though lemon, kind of reminded me of a sugar cookie.

Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Frosting

Recipe here.

Verdict: Super moist cupcakes. And very very rich. They were yummy, but I would probably only make them once in a great while because they are so rich.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
cinnamon teal
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2013 07:29:33 PM »

Tonight we tried Crispy Baked Zucchini Fries.

They were easy enough to make though the flavor was pretty bland. If I made them again, I would add extra seasoning. We dipped them in BBQ sauce and the flavor combo was a little strange. Without the BBQ sauce, they were basically just cooked zucchini with a crispy crust. Actually, with a side of ranch, they might be a great way to get picky kids to eat their veggies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katara
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2013 12:46:02 AM »

5-Minute Greek Garbanzo Bean Salad
http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?dbid=246&tname=recipe

One of my New Year's resolutions is to eat more healthily - so I tried out this recipe for a quick and easy lunch yesterday.

I used tinned chickpeas (garbanzos) and I added cucumber, some sweet Italian pepper, sugarsnap peas (and olives and feta which was suggested as optional).
I would definitely make this again! It was very tasty and super-quick to make. Will also be perfect for a work lunchbox!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ashley_72989
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2013 01:07:23 AM »

Cake in a mug

I'm unable to post pictures yet (new member) but this is an awesome recipe! Also great for that midnight snack! This is very simple! You buy a box of cake mix, and jello pudding mix. I've tried 2 flavors chocolate pudding and yellow cake mix with chocolate glaze, also strawberry cake mix, cheesecake jello pudding mix and vanilla glaze. My boyfriend and I both prefer the strawberry.  You simply add all of the ingredients in a coffee cup (Egg white, vegetable oil, and water) then put in the microwave for 2 minutes. In the meantime mix up your glaze, powdered sugar, flavor mix of your choice (I used french vanilla coffee creamer) and water, mix up then pour over your cake and enjoy! I would definitely recommend this!

Here is the recipe

http://marymae.tripod.com/jar/187.htm

THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2013 11:30:36 AM »

I made some cheater banana bread from another recipe I found via Pinterest.  It calls for cake mix rather than the usual flour etc.  It was a quick way to make the bread and it turned out pretty good.  It is a bit sweeter than usual and I'm sure it's not very healthy but still tasty.

The recipe is from Betty Crocker
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013 11:32:59 AM by lindyv321 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2013 08:38:44 PM »

Wow! Those cupcakes look amazing, and the porkchop breading sounds delicious. I pinned the garbanzo bean salad recipe too...

I've made a couple of things over the past few days. The first is this great Irish recipe called "Butterbeans, chorizo, and cider."

It turned out a lot like chili and was fantastic!! I went by the recipe but made a few adjustments. I left out the sage and used regular paprika, 'cause that's all I had Cheesy. I also used Soyrizo instead of chorizo, since I'm doing my best to go vegetarian (this was my first time using Soyrizo and it was GREAT--couldn't tell a difference!). I also left out the black pudding, used only 1/2 a bottle of cider, used some liquid vegetable broth instead of a bouillon cube, and used canned white beans (drained and rinsed) instead of butterbeans.

Overall this was a great meal and I'll totally make it again. It would go great with some crusty bread (I made more of the fried goat cheese because I'm addicted to it now). I made about four meals out of this and it tasted great every time and it was QUICK to make. I kept the leftover cider and added a bit each time I re-heated it and it was great. I hope to cook with cider more often--it's my favorite drink and I think it added a great taste to this dish.

Tonight I made these cheese crackers  to go with the last bit of chili.

These were good, but I think I still prefer Cheezits! The dough was easy and quick to make, but rolling out the dough was terrible. I can't believe the muscles that our foremothers must have had to do all that rolling. It would probably help if I had a real rolling pin instead of using a wine bottle, too Cheesy

These puffed up and got nice and crispy in the oven and smelled great, but being used to the cheesy, cheesy taste of Cheezits, I found myself wanting more cheese! I added more than the recipe said, but I still think it could use more. The picture here shows the crackers I made from half of the dough--I have the rest for another day. Overall these were good but I don't think I'll make them again...the taste didn't outweigh the convenience of just buying delicious Cheezits at the store Smiley. Also the whole wheat flour was expensive...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katara
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2013 05:33:02 AM »

I made some CARROT RICE and some CHUTNEY CHICKEN

Link for Carrot Rice: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/carrot-rice/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=carrot%20rice&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page

Chutney Chicken: http://site.heartrecipes.mobi/node/58

The carrot rice was easy to make and tasted great!! I think it would make a nice accompaniment to a stir-fry. I followed the method on the rice packet to cook the rice. I didn't have cayenne pepper so I added some chilli flakes and I used a purple onion instead of a normal onion ('cause it's all I had). I would definitely be making this again!

The chutney chicken tasted great too! I used 4 drumsticks and halved the recipe. It was quick and easy to make and this recipe is a keeper too!

Only thing I would change is I wouldn't serve the carrot rice and chutney chicken together. I don't think the flavours complimented each other well...

hgddm - The fried goat's cheese and butterbean recipe is on my list to try  Wink
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013 05:34:44 AM by katara » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smeddley

« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2013 04:25:55 PM »

It would probably help if I had a real rolling pin instead of using a wine bottle, too Cheesy

That mental image made me chuckle... but was it a full wine bottle or did you have to empty it?

I'm in a cooking rut.  I keep looking at all my pinned recipes, but they're all deserts, and I don't need to make any more deserts right now...  :/

I did try putting cranberries in my pancakes - I wanted apple pancakes but had no apples, and I figured any fruit was better than none.  It was okay, but not great.  And I adore all things cranberry, but the buttermilk pancake batter just didn't compliment it that well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Tandoori Chicken
How Pappadam Is Used in Indian Food
How to Cook Thai-Style Chicken Noodles
How to Make Thai Fried Chicken
How to Make a Chinese Beef Noodle Dish
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...