A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 306,055
Currently Running With Scissors:
339 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 136
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 244333 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

I am so bored! Crafting boredom...HELP!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1310 on: December 16, 2013 11:17:37 AM »

lol--I just spent an hour looking at that video so I can make one...they make it look so easy! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

« Reply #1311 on: December 16, 2013 01:44:25 PM »

She cut around the top except for one spot, cut off the tip to make a hole, then folded it up...I also get folds after one viewing Grin.

It was fantastic and not so long and boring like so many of them...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013 01:45:59 PM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: December 16, 2013 03:28:13 PM »

Couple items from stash.  The shrug has been my take-along project for a while, but I guess I haven't been spending as much time in the car lately.  The skirt just kind of happened Sat night when I decided that DD needed something new to wear to church.  I used up all the yarn for the shrug and all the fabric for the skirt.  *Not intended to be worn together.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have boxes of vintage piano music.  Some as old as 1890's!  PM me if you'd like some!

Thing-A-Day
lady4feet

^Sushi. My problem child.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1313 on: December 16, 2013 03:59:08 PM »

Couple items from stash.  The shrug has been my take-along project for a while, but I guess I haven't been spending as much time in the car lately.  The skirt just kind of happened Sat night when I decided that DD needed something new to wear to church.  I used up all the yarn for the shrug and all the fabric for the skirt.  *Not intended to be worn together.

Love the shrug!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #1314 on: December 16, 2013 07:01:00 PM »

Thanks for all the input!  I have a feeling next year will be formatted pretty much the same as before, but wanted to see if there were any more ideas floating around in the ether that should be incorporated.

Good Luck with the Christmas Crafting and continual DeStashing!  I need to get pictures of everything from November to now, but I haven't been home very much. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

« Reply #1315 on: December 17, 2013 07:06:17 AM »

I think people like the familiarity of the regular craftalongs, so the same format must be a good one!  Thanks for doing it again!

dulcet--love the shrug...and the skirt is such a lovely color...I don't know, I probably would wear them together... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1316 on: December 17, 2013 02:43:52 PM »

I met a new neighbour today and de-stashed a grocery bag full of ribbon to her  Smiley She makes dreamcatchers  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #1317 on: December 18, 2013 04:05:59 AM »

I'd love the destash along to continue, as well. I got a bit distracted this year, and then I fell off the wagon and bought fabric to go with the new sewing machine... but I kept on reading silently. I threw out some very old and dusty thread and

I have started swapping, but so far I have not made much of a dent in my stash.

From stash except for the crystals (the thread was from my stash as well, as an extra):

This necklace was completely from stash (I did buy leather and pearls for this, but they didn't work out. I gave the pearls back, and have used some of the leather already)

And this is on its way right now as a surprise: (button, beads and wire from stash)

But then I just used up about two yards of stash fabric for the latest swap project, that actually shows: The project basket is a little less overstuffed. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Belladune
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1318 on: December 18, 2013 05:00:01 AM »

*I'd totally wear those together.... with a black shirt underneath.... really.  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #1319 on: December 24, 2013 12:10:27 AM »

Thanks, clm, that thing is a large square silk scarf I painted for Grab a coffee in the Ongoing Wish swap. The design was copied from inspired by this link she sent me as an example (out of three) of what she likes: https://www.etsy.com/listing/102317959/silk-scarf-hand-painted-long-scarf-moon?utm_campaign=Share&utm_medium=PageTools&utm_source=Pinterest. I loved all three designs, too and did a more colourful one first, but the liner had gotten a tad too dry so later the paint ran away from the outlines... I ended up sending a week late. Turns out you really cannot get silk painting materials around here (only online), so I had to make do with what was still usable.

I still have many smaller square scarves, a little liner and lots of paint left, I might do a few more of those things. Relax & destash. But I'd have to find someone to give them to, I don't wear
scarves like that. Maybe I could make very bright ones with a Mickey & Minnie or similar and then make the kid wear them...
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013 12:10:56 AM by anna.wahnsinn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 136 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Stenciled Table
Tute Tuesday: Mrs. Weasley Inspired Burrow Afghan
Creative Craft Supplies

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...