A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 298,096
Currently Running With Scissors:
564 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 154667 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

JessKelly
« Reply #1350 on: December 04, 2013 11:23:20 PM »

I've been cutting strips of fabric and braiding them to make a rag rug so that may take some time to complete but will put most of my fabric stash to use  Smiley

I've been picking up old rolls of wallpaper whenever I find them for some unknown project in the future. Also, I was given three long and narrow wooden frames, the kind with lots of spaces for displaying photos. I put two and two together and got... three (pieces of wall art). Now pretend the wall is wood paneled or painted an inky blue, that's the fantasy wall they'll be displayed on one day.   

I think it's a nicer thing to look at than the phone outlet that was just sitting in the middle of the wall, not even trying to look remotely attractive.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Antidigger
« Reply #1351 on: December 05, 2013 02:16:27 AM »

I've finally got my ducks in a row, and so there are now lots pictures of lovely stuff that I've made from stash, and extra specially, the last one should help me get rid of more stash too Cheesy

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=429457.0#axzz2matqgLKu

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=429458.msg5129103#msg5129103

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=429484.0#axzz2matqgLKu

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=429483.new#new
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1352 on: December 06, 2013 09:54:51 AM »

Nice panels!  Are they hinged like a folding screen?

Love the tiny pincushion...that must have put a bite into your stash...ha ha Wink.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JessKelly
« Reply #1353 on: December 07, 2013 03:13:36 PM »

Nice panels!  Are they hinged like a folding screen?

Thanks Smiley I didn't hinge them because one day they might end up hanging side by side on hooks on the wall. But now you've put the idea into my head I would like a folding screen! Not today. Maybe tomorrow. Or next year  Wink   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: December 08, 2013 02:04:15 PM »

I'm slow posting the UFO's I finished last month.  This was a sweater I started when I was learning how to use a knitting machine.  And now that I've finished it, I don't know any 4-yo to give it to.

I also finished a quilt that was supposed to be for my wedding.  MIL never did much with it, and gave it to me when she moved.  Then it sat in a garbage sack for too many years.  I decided to just get it done with nothing fancy.  And it is toasty!

Today me and my kids made some bead geckos for a charity that takes them to third-world countries.  Not a UFO, but a fun stash project.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2013 02:05:30 PM by dulcet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have boxes of vintage piano music.  Some as old as 1890's!  PM me if you'd like some!
jfer007
« Reply #1355 on: December 08, 2013 04:56:28 PM »

Oh my goodness! I love those geckos! I used to make those all the time when I was growing up. And that sweater has such fun colors!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet
« Reply #1356 on: December 09, 2013 12:55:03 PM »

I finished up a quick curtain for the bathroom, even the dowel rod came from my stash. Nothing fancy, a yard or so of some ikea fabric that I fell in love with years ago and it has been sitting in my craftroom since and a strip of black since it wasn't quite long enough. I sewed tabs on the ends so when I want to open it I just tuck the tab around the end of the dowel rod. I am planning on painting the walls black so I really think it will look great when I get it finished.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #1357 on: December 09, 2013 01:10:47 PM »

gaudiknight -- I am fascinated by the picture you found for December.  What is she making that Moravian star out of?

I really have no idea the background of the picture.  I found it in the commons on flickr, and there wasn't really any information to go along with it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #1358 on: December 14, 2013 09:40:01 AM »

Hey folks!

I've got a few free moments today, and I'm trying to brainstorm ideas for next year.  Maybe you can help me out a little bit?

Things to consider:

-Are folks still interested in another year of destashing?
-How can we keep interest going all year? We get a lot of gung-ho people in January and tend to condense down to some really dedicated crafters by late Summer. (Ya'll are awesome!)
-Are the themes and challenges still helpful? Are there any in particular you would like to see again next year or any you really hope don't show up again?

Thoughts? Comments? DeStash projects?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: December 14, 2013 10:56:37 AM »

I am interested in this thread.  I can't post photos, which sucks, but I enjoy reading about other people's projects and seeing what they do.  I've also gotten some great ideas from this thread.  It kind of also keeps me to trying to de-stash when I post that I'm going to!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Willed: The Artists
A Monumental and Ceremonial Culture
Cool Art Made Out of Pop Bottle Caps
Using an iPhone to Control a 40-Foot Figure Sculpture
Eye Spy: Huge Eyeball in Big City
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...