A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
350 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 144687 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1340 on: November 25, 2013 05:24:00 PM »

Dulcet--I would think that is every hoarders secret wish...that someone like you would get the stash and carry on...I hope that is the case more times than not...I know I have also inherited stashes from a lot of people that loved sewing... I just think that there has to be a better balance in my life...hoard some, use some, give some away! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #1341 on: November 26, 2013 10:23:25 PM »

I do have to admit that probably 75% of my fabric stash was inherited.  So I wouldn't be able to sew nearly as much if somebody else hadn't hoarded.  Undecided

I haven't bought fabric for years now..at least 10 years...due to the generosity of the older generation.  So I completely agree.  I guess that is what I was trying to say earlier.  I think of it is a gift from the past.  I think it is sadder to have something that some one worked on and is unloved, then something they enjoined buying (for what ever reason) but didn't use, kept it because they STILL loved it, then passed it on, and then that inspired someone to make something with it.  I guess it is something about the threads tying us all together.  I suppose the lesson is to use the things that we really love, whether we were gifted them or chose them Grin

Plus...it's not like our grandfolks were sitting around playing video games and watching telly.  They were busyer back then.  I always feel like I'm helping the one who bought the fabric by turning it into something Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #1342 on: November 27, 2013 06:25:10 AM »

Someone remarked to me that the younger generation is not into handmade things or art...I just about crawled down her throat!  I ranted and raved about all of you guys...how she needed to open her eyes and look for special people of all ages that are putting themselves out there by making art, knitting, quilting, making monsters, and poppets, hats for charity, clothing, costumes, great food, etc. I pointed her to this inspiring and hopeful website...all of us on Craftster defy the stereotype of lazy, unproductive people interested only in tv and video games!  I am proud to be part of this destash group who nods to the past generation and does something for now and the future! YAY for us!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vampedangel14

Easily craftstracted!

« Reply #1343 on: November 27, 2013 10:46:19 AM »

I have always been crafty ever since I was a kid, probably thanks to the Girl Scouts. I love trying different crafts and am finally finding the ones I really enjoy doing best. I work a full time job and right now there are only two or three shows I watch on tv (not even all on the same night). I admit that I am a gamer but I still craft a lot! I have a small craft room so that should be obvious. I have carple tunnel in my right wrist, which is my main hand, so sometimes I need to take a break from crafting and that's when I game for a bit. This month I have been writing (for NaNaWriMo which ends Sat).  Sure, doing these crafts I'm still just sitting around, but at least I am productive. No lazy here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #1344 on: November 27, 2013 10:49:59 AM »

I remember that you did that last year!  Take care of your hand!  I had a bout of nerve damage and could not knit for about two months...it nearly killed my spirit!  I now rest between projects and even stop to eat some food or go potty...taking a break is good for us all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #1345 on: November 27, 2013 02:20:35 PM »

I'm old and I love my video games...I guess I just don't like stereotypes at all Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
gaudiknight
« Reply #1346 on: December 01, 2013 07:37:22 PM »

December Themes

ConDev7360B by State Archives of North Carolina, on Flickr

Color: Blue 
Pattern: Shiny
For: The House
Challenge 1:  This is such a busy time of year whatever DeStashing you get done this month is just icing on the cake.  But if you have time, it might be a good idea to just take a look around your stash again and see how far you've come.
Challenge 2:  Help come up with new ideas to make the 2014 DeStashAlong even better!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #1347 on: December 01, 2013 08:25:11 PM »

Har, har...destash along queen. I actually signed up for more than I wanted..just to get rid of some.

These posts here are bringing me down...GUESS WHAT GIRLFRIENDS??? Time that we fly!!!!

Let's look over the mountain and under the woods. We are strong women. Make like we should. Grin

Let's put it out there for shares and smiles. And everyone can have some fun.

Running in my underwear. Or not even that  Grin Love the fun on here, and continue to keep it so.

Share the excitement. We can all smile along.  Roll Eyes That is the goofy one, but I like it.

I think I just wrote a poem, and don't even know it.

But to destash is all the world to me. And I don't want to be the one that my family has to get rid of my crap.
I would rather share it sooner. If I can. And share to people who can use it, appreciate, and enjoy!  Grin

Sorry if I just made a crazy post. Feel free to delete and spank me, but I like it all the same, and with all these crazy artists here with their silly Harry Potter stuff, and the Dr. Who???

Spank me again, I am a nut. But I love all you marvelouse people. Love that we can share.

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
vampedangel14

Easily craftstracted!

« Reply #1348 on: December 02, 2013 07:23:13 AM »

I cleaned and organized most of my craft stuff this weekend. Many things were destashed to the trash! I now can get my fiber into my craft 'closet' instead of just stuffed inside plastic bags piled up on my bookshelf. I still have more to go through. I was going to finish yesterday but I ended up reading instead and lost track of time. Ooops. and now my long weekend is over and I have to go back to work. wah.

Hope everyone here who celebrates it had a nice Thanksgiving.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: December 02, 2013 07:37:40 AM »

gaudiknight -- I am fascinated by the picture you found for December.  What is she making that Moravian star out of?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scholars and artists...differ most importantly in the way their knowledge is come by.  Scholars get theirs with conscientious thoroughness along projected lines of logic; poets...stick to nothing deliberately, but let what will stick to them like burrs where they walk in the fields.
  -Robert Frost
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Visually Impaired Artist Jeff Hanson Wants to Change the World
The Lab TV: Eric White
Dela: Live Art Painter With An Environmental Message
Aaron Axelrod: The Making of the "Bad Reception" Art Installation
How to Draw Rito Yuuki
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...