A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
388 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 160283 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: November 02, 2013 06:20:32 AM »

I am all over the batch making and the charity this month.  I'm going to crank out as many coiled fabric bowls as I can for a charity auction on Nov 20.  They don't use up a ton of fabric, but they're so meditative to make.  Just wrap and stitch, wrap and stitch....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet
« Reply #1291 on: November 02, 2013 02:37:25 PM »

gaudiknight Those mits are amazing! I hate changing colors so I have never attempted a pattern like that but you make me want to try. Maybe you could do a easier pattern for the opposite hand in a similar gauge then they will kind of be matching but without as much effort.

bananaleg Wow! You have been busy. I love the colors on the infinity scarf and the first cowl. The Frank is adorable, is it a hat or just a band?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jfer007
« Reply #1292 on: November 02, 2013 04:05:38 PM »

bananaleg, your items are always so motivating! They make me want to tear into my yarn stash!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: November 03, 2013 02:22:30 PM »

So the motto for my life should be "better late than never."

One of the theme/suggestion/challenges for October was to use a craft book that you've had sitting around but never used, more or less.  For costumes, I pulled out John Marshall's "Make Your Own Japanese Clothing."  I helped my 15 yo son make a kimono completely from stash.  He did pretty good, and is excited to use it as a robe throughout the year.  (Unfortunately, the obi was an afterthought, and a complete fail, but also from stash.)

My daughter's class requests that any costume be related to ancient Egypt, for educational purposes.  She's supposed to be Anqet, the goddess of the Nile.  Mostly it just looks egyptian.  I used McCall's 4954 (which I've had for a couple years) and a bedsheet for the dress.  The drapey/capey thing was also stash.  And my husband cut an ankh from one of those anti-static mats that you put under computer desks.

My youngest wanted to be a paladin.  The chainmaille hood and shirt are from Ravelry patterns I've had bookmarked for a while, but the yarn wasn't from stash.  But the tabard was stash.  And the shield was from that same anti-static mat and other bits in my husband's stash.

So in total I used 5-6 yards of stash fabric.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2013 02:24:22 PM by dulcet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have boxes of vintage piano music.  Some as old as 1890's!  PM me if you'd like some!
stillatthetop
« Reply #1294 on: November 03, 2013 04:52:30 PM »

dulcet: I want you and your "stash" family to move here with MEEEE!!! Wow. What fun! We could get along fine with our hording stash skills! Mine are organized! How 'bout you? But you name it, I think I have it, or can figure a way to still work without it!  Cheesy Great share! I love to read these posts from people who care, and do so much!

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
jfer007
« Reply #1295 on: November 06, 2013 05:50:12 PM »

I've gotten a few things done in the past few months and finally got around this afternoon to weaving in ends and taking pictures. I always feel like that's the worst part of crafting! It takes me forever!! Anyways,

Knit pincushion for OTT Fall Holiday swap with felt pins:

Scarf using some hand-spun yarn:

Hat that will most likely go to the chemo center:

Potholder that was literally waiting to be cast off for over a year:

Baby blanket for a friend (it's about the size of a lap quilt and I only used 1 and a half skeins)

Another hat that has been appropriated by my fiance (you can practically see him gloating in the picture):

That's what I've been up to the past few months! Unfortunately, I just bought 3 more skeins of yarn to use for Christmas presents for friends, but it's not my fault my stash didn't have the exact colors I needed  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Taramor
« Reply #1296 on: November 08, 2013 08:05:21 AM »

No, of course  not - it could never be your fault! You made some lovely stuff - I love the green baby-blanket.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1297 on: November 08, 2013 08:57:22 AM »

wow--that is some serious destashing!  I love all the happy bright colors you used for your projects---the hat is fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet
« Reply #1298 on: November 08, 2013 11:26:32 AM »

dulcet great destashing. I really like the Egyptian costume.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #1299 on: November 08, 2013 07:03:38 PM »

Dulcet - Those costumes are amazing!

jfer007 - I am jealous of your productivity.

Look for the horsemen of the apocalypse on the horizon, folks, I have an update before the end of the month.

A pair of mitts for a co-worker.

Jules' Mitts by AluminumDryad, on Flickr
They are made from the leftovers from a pair of mitts I made for his wife, plus some extra from stash.  (The other mitts are here if you care.)

A little dress for a little doll made from scraps from an old quilting project.

Libby Dress #4 by AluminumDryad, on Flickr

That's all for now, but I'm in the depths of Christmas knitting, so there's more to come.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013 08:13:21 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Thanksgiving Burritos
How to Make Thanksgiving Frittata
How to Make Holiday Side Dishes
How to Make Baked Macaroni and Cheese, Part 1
How to Make Baked Macaroni and Cheese, Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...