A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 307,604
Currently Running With Scissors:
560 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 136
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 260786 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lady4feet

^Sushi. My problem child.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1200 on: October 24, 2013 07:35:04 AM »

I finished up some crochet projects so there is a little less yarn shoved in my craftroom.

Baby sandles from some leftovers, it didn't use quite as much as I was hoping so I still have some of the green left. The pink was passed onto me in a swap I think and I have some project ideas for what is left.

Baby ripple blanket. This pattern is incredible simple yet I still managed to mess it up, I started skipping one stitch instead of two in the valleys which caused the sides of the peaks to be different sizes and not lay quite flat. That's what happens when the show I am watching is too interesting, lol. I realized what was happening but didn't want to rip it out so I just started skipping two stiches again, since the different sizes happen uniformly I decided it can just be a happy accident. Used up two skeins of Bernat baby coordinate.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #1201 on: October 24, 2013 08:03:38 AM »

Wow. You crochet craftster peeps always have me amazed! What wonderful little girl slippers! And the baby blanket...too cute! How do you guys find the time? It takes me forever to crochet. I guess I just need more practice to get better at it. ***Sigh*** Wonderful job. Those will make a little tyke comfy and happy, I am sure. Great destash!

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NEW REQUEST: Need quilting fabric with ONLY purple, grey, green. Solids or Prints in any combination/shades, but NO OTHER COLORS ALLOWED. HELP! They are hard to find.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: October 24, 2013 08:10:09 AM »

stillatthetop -- one great thing about crochet (or knitting) is that it's so portable.  I generally have a project that I leave in the car so I can work on it when I've got those odd minutes: waiting for kids to come out of school/ballet, waiting for appointments at the dentist/doctor, long drives when my hubby is driving.  I wish I could do that with sewing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have boxes of vintage piano music.  Some as old as 1890's!  PM me if you'd like some!

Thing-A-Day
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1203 on: October 24, 2013 12:20:33 PM »

ha ha I also have crochet or knitting bags in my cars at all times!  You never know when you are going to be "waiting"...

Good save on the baby blanket...don't tell anyone else...it looks like it is perfect now! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #1204 on: October 25, 2013 08:25:32 PM »

I really and truly intended to send out store bought cards in an attempt to alleviate stress this holiday season since we are dealing with grandma's cancer this year.....I really thought i could do it but it goes against everything I am.
Im making these from black card stock and left over scraps pieces of shiny specialty paper, each is different and I am doing them either vertically and horizontally
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #1205 on: October 25, 2013 10:00:05 PM »

Very pretty trinalocakary! I love the colors. I know what you mean about the store-bought poop they have out there. And Hallmark is just too expensive. Really nice job. I like the background in black. It really makes the colors "pop"!

And I take portable projects places, too! Just not crochet. I would only get a few stitches done until they called my name  Roll Eyes seriously, I just need more practice. My granny could do crochet without even looking at her hands!

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NEW REQUEST: Need quilting fabric with ONLY purple, grey, green. Solids or Prints in any combination/shades, but NO OTHER COLORS ALLOWED. HELP! They are hard to find.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #1206 on: October 25, 2013 10:04:00 PM »

Very pretty trinalocakary! I love the colors. I know what you mean about the store-bought poop they have out there. And Hallmark is just too expensive. Really nice job. I like the background in black. It really makes the colors "pop"!

And I take portable projects places, too! Just not crochet. I would only get a few stitches done until they called my name  Roll Eyes seriously, I just need more practice. My granny could do crochet without even looking at her hands!

~T

Thank you plus I precut the circles and the cardstock and carry it and a few blue sticks and a silver gel pen in my bag everywhere so I can knock a few out at the coffee shop.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #1207 on: October 27, 2013 05:15:03 AM »

Wow, I have been away from this board for ages, and now it took me several days to catch up with all of your great projects. I am very impressed, and there are so many things I'd like to try for myself, a stashghan for example. Hm. Knowing my crochet skills this means I get out my lovely yarns (all three skeins) and some plain cotton crochet yarn and just start doing plain simple squares. For the next few years.

Mostly, I've been repurposing and mending the kids' stuff these last few months, but I've also started swapping a bit, and even managed to destash a bit in the process. Some fabric and felt bits, to be exact, which I can show you: I asked Ewulotta for a private swap, and made her something from her Pinterest. This are the links to her pinned items: https://www.etsy.com/de/listing/66208625/sukan-colors-birds-white-linen-pillow?ref=favs_view_6 and http://www.cluckclucksew.com/2009/10/tutorial-scrap-buster-fall-pillow.html
and this is what I made:

And the we both had joined the Ongoing Baby / Kiddo Swap, so I got to destash even more fabric and felt scraps:

to Ewulotta

and this for Eiseldora (and yes, I know the z is the wrong way around... it was late...)

For me, swapping is a learning process, either I run out of time or I forget something. A different thing everytime, like where I put my camera, getting my partner's address, taking a picture, putting the letter into the box... But it is really really addictive!

(And now, as I see the pillowcases here, I think I might not have ironed the fabric quite as well as I thought.)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013 05:17:30 AM by anna.wahnsinn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #1208 on: October 27, 2013 05:32:46 AM »

And I just checked the monthly themes and challenge - I even have one project to fit both challenges!

I finally made the swaddler from Lotta Jansdotters book, and now that I am nearly finished, I am stuck. I have the velcro pinned in place, but I am still thinking that maybe snaps might be better. Has anybody here ever had a swaddler with snaps? Doesn't take into account her growing, though. I'll sew on the velcro! See, Craftster helps out immediately, I love it. And I'll try to get that done in time, I seem to need deadlines.

And the first thing I made with my new sewing machine was a destash as well, I made 13 nursing pads (couldn't fit any more on the piece of molton fabric). I am actually very happy about those, because I relly need them, they are nice and thin, and I keep losing them all over the house, so having plenty means I can just take a new one and later find the missing ones and put them in the laundry. No pictures of those, though, just imagine white circles. I may use some of the machine's fancy stitches on them to make them pretty, though, we'll see...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stillatthetop
« Reply #1209 on: October 27, 2013 06:23:20 AM »

You friendly crafters crack me up!

Quote from anna.wahnsinn:

"Knowing my crochet skills this means I get out my lovely yarns (all three skeins) and some plain cotton crochet yarn and just start doing plain simple squares. For the next few years."

Har, har, har. YOU AND ME BOTH! It takes me forever! Double crochet is relatively easy, though. That one does not take that long once I get the tension right. My left hand forgets what the right one wants, sometimes.  Grin

And I have been ironing for what seems like all morning for a private trade. But I am destashing, too. And my swap partner is going to LOVE IT! She does knitting, and is making me some fingerless gloves. I am making her a needle case for ALL of her needles. With extras! Just my style  Wink

Your projects are cute, and glad that you can re-purpose clothing for the little ones. I did that too for a long time. Daughter is grown now, and son informed me that he does not need PJ bottoms anymore....he whispered, "Mom, I sleep in underwear!" Too cute.

Welcome back. Looking forward to seeing more items and pictures from you!

~T

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 136 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: The Roaming Gnome
@Home This Weekend: Welcoming Door Decor
Trim the Tree: Crafty Ornaments for the Holiday Season

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...