A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,165
Currently Running With Scissors:
378 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 148262 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mrs. Awesome_Pants

Creative minds are rarely tidy.

View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: July 31, 2013 12:37:25 PM »

CLM, that facial mask sounds divine.  Awesome work destashing!

I got started on some more diapers.  Doing them assembly-line style so I really need to restock my stash of elastic and snaps.  But, I have used up several fat quarters, a roll of thread, about 3 yards of flannel, and an old towel that I had sitting around to upcycle.  Next is my bamboo fabric and fleece.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
gaudiknight
« Reply #1111 on: July 31, 2013 04:11:06 PM »

As usual, I've accomplished very little this month in the way of DeStashing (I have however packed and moved a friend and spent a week cat-sitting an animal that likes to eat yarn and destroy paper, which kind of cuts down on crafting abilities).

I did however, get a Christmas present done - a set of cards for my aunt.

I had a blast with these, so I have a feeling I'll be making more cards in the future.  I found the instructions and some good info about corralling your piles of paper scraps here.

I also spent an afternoon covering everything that wasn't nailed down in washi tape from my stash.  No pictures, because who really needs to see four inches of decorative tape on my cell-phone charger?

And finally I made a set of "my address is changing" cards for my mother but left them at her  new place and forgot to get photographic evidence.  She's promised to send me pictures, but is somewhat technologically challenged.  I'm not holding my breath.

So that was July.  My goal for August is to have at least one project to show for myself each week, even if they are itty-bitty ones.  I need to feel like I'm making a bit more progress on my stash, if only for my own peace of mind.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #1112 on: July 31, 2013 04:23:59 PM »

August Themes

Fingerpainting 6 (Hands) by timailius, on Flickr

Color:  Rainbow 
Pattern:  Stars
For:  Pets
Challenge 1:  Make a scrappy project!  This is also a good time to go through your scraps and realistically evaluate how small something can be and still be useful.
Challenge 2:  On the go projects - Make something you can work on while you're out and about.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: July 31, 2013 04:48:24 PM »

Oooh rainbow!  I did have a tie-dye idea lurking in the back of my brain....hmmm....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1114 on: July 31, 2013 09:18:34 PM »

Those notecards are fantastic!  I often thought about making paper patterns of all of the quilt blocks I like...

I just so happen to be working on my scraps from my quilts...cutting and sorting, more cutting and sorting...I think I have enough for a small quilt for this month!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 110/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

« Reply #1115 on: August 01, 2013 01:48:38 AM »

Excellent. Thanks, clm.

gaudi, my mom has so much scrapbooking stuff, that link will come in very handy.
I'm really loving the cards you made your aunt. I see some of those in my future.

Yay, rainbow! And I've got a scrappy project in the works right now! I have some cloths to finish for my aunt before i can allow myself to really work on it again, though. So hopefully i can find the motivation to finish those soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1116 on: August 01, 2013 02:15:21 AM »

Love those quilt block cards  Smiley

I've only made 3 things in July and they were with materials bought specifically for the purpose. To celebrate my beloved getting a job he decided new clothes were in order so being me I opted for fabric to make my own  Grin
He also bought yarn for a baby blanket for his nephews new baby. I need to update my "spent on supplies" total *sigh* I was doing sooo well being thrifty and now it has gone to pot  Wink

Stars and rainbows are two of my favourite things so I'll enjoy Augusts theme even if I don't manage to make anything to fit it  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #1117 on: August 01, 2013 06:59:08 AM »

You have been so creative with your limited budget...I think you deserve to splurge a bit! Grin

I have enjoyed the projects you made, forced a bit by your self-imposed budget, you have done some very creative things...especially with clothing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 110/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Mrs. Awesome_Pants

Creative minds are rarely tidy.

View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: August 01, 2013 03:51:55 PM »

Those quilt-y cards are so pretty!

I have had an idea to crochet some weather-related mobile items for a while, so maybe I'll get on that for this month's theme.  Clouds, raindrops, and a rainbow would be pretty cute and I think it'd use up a good number of scraps.

Now I just have to find a pattern since I suck at making my own.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

« Reply #1119 on: August 01, 2013 11:06:52 PM »

I made this bath pouf the other day. I don't know if I'll use it, but now i have a small gift ready if i need one. And a toy until then.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw a Leopard
How to Draw the Tooth Fairy
How to Draw a German Shepherd
Bay Area Maker Faire 2012 Tour
How to Draw Zapp Braniggan
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...