A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,385
Currently Running With Scissors:
725 Guests and 40 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 143154 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1050 on: June 27, 2013 11:41:39 AM »

Love the cupcakes! My daughter brought her's to school yesterday for last day show and share and Left it there! Ack! I made it for her bday last year and today is her bday again, what weird timing. I'm hoping my little man will bring it home safely as this is his last day, if not I'll be posting a new cupcake dolly soon Soon SOON! Oh man.

Dulcet, we are mid-move so no pocket usage so far but I will hang one in each of the kid's rooms when we unpack. If I get a car the smaller ones will go on the backs of the front seats for craft supplies and such, the long ones on the back of a door at home for shoe horns, laces, keys, mail, etc. If I ever open a shop the larger ones will go on display as an interactive feature of the store, take a random thing, leave a random thing. The two that I have yet to finish are designed as lap quilts and may find that function with the kids, they fight over a single blanket Tongue. And they make very nice and unusual gifts Smiley.
And you never know, maybe they'll sell as interesting art works. A girl can dream...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013 11:43:13 AM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1051 on: June 27, 2013 12:02:05 PM »

Crafty, I could see smaller versions of your pocket hangings on the arm or a couch, or chair. They could hold remotes, pens and paper, ect.
And I think one hanging up in a child's room, full of small stuffed animals, would look adorable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50%
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: June 30, 2013 12:45:59 PM »

I've only gotten a few things de-stashed since school got out.  I did finish reconstructing my daughter's yo-yo blanket.  I ended up dropping the feed-dogs on my sewing machine, and doing a wide zigzag to tack the yo-yos to the new backing.  I tacked each yo-yo in six spots around the edges or where they butted up to each other.  Clear as mud?  Well she's pleased and it seems to be holding together.

I also finally finished off the box of trousers that's been haunting me.  Since I used all the blues in the blankets and the rug before, I was left with browns, blacks, and greens.  They were mostly cut into 3" strips already, so I did the rest that way.  I just made more blankets backed with double-knit.  This time I left the backing an inch wider all the way around, folded it to the front, and stitched it down.  I ended up with a twin-sized blanket, and two lap blankets that will probably go in the car trunk for emergencies.  They all pretty much look the same.

Of course, the next day my son brought me two pairs or trousers with holes in the knees and asked me to turn them into cut-offs.  I refuse to make more blankets.  We don't need more, and I don't know that many people who would be happy to get something made out of some one else's worn out clothing.  Argh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scholars and artists...differ most importantly in the way their knowledge is come by.  Scholars get theirs with conscientious thoroughness along projected lines of logic; poets...stick to nothing deliberately, but let what will stick to them like burrs where they walk in the fields.
  -Robert Frost
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1053 on: June 30, 2013 02:55:02 PM »

I went ahead and pulled my sewing machine out 2 weeks ago, and made a lot of mug rugs... then failed to take pictures of any of them before sending them off as teacher gifts.  Oh well.  It was a good destash! Wink  Oh and I did refinish my spinning wheel, so got rid of 1/2 a can of stain i've had since this time last year Wink

I'm going to have to come back to have a lok at the recent destashing you guys have managed, I'm sure it's gorgeous, but I do want to see it!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013 02:56:20 PM by Belladune » THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #1054 on: June 30, 2013 02:57:53 PM »

What an awesome quilt, dulcet!  I love the modern lines it has.

In June I drove about 3,500 miles all over the country on various trips, packed up my mother to move her from VA to PA, and got very little crafting done.  This seems to be the theme for 2013.  However, I did finish yet another lapghan:

Artsy Fartsy Shot by AluminumDryad, on Flickr

It looks almost exactly like the last one I made, since I had tons and tons of grey and teal yarn in stash.  These two giant squares still didn't use it all up.

And I made a lap sized quilt.  The only thing from stash there was the batting, which, while it removes a rather bulky item from stash, is completely invisible in the finished product.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #1055 on: June 30, 2013 03:15:50 PM »

July Themes

Pilliga Red Cross members knitting socks for soldiers in World War I - Pilliga, NSW, 1915 / photographer unknown by State Library of New South Wales collection, on Flickr

Color:  Red
Pattern:  Checks/Gingham
For:  Friends
Challenge 1:  Is there a special item in your stash you have been saving for just the right project, whatever that might be?  Go ahead and give yourself permission to use it!
Challenge 2: Take some stress out of the holidays by making a gift now.  Just remember where you put it when the time to actually give it away comes around.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2013 03:20:46 PM by gaudiknight » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: June 30, 2013 06:33:09 PM »

Last night, I didn't feel like crocheting, believe it or not  Roll Eyes-and took all my yarn from my craft room upstairs into the downstairs livingroom and organized it and wrapped some of it into balls, etc....

Took me about two hours, but I am SO HAPPY I did it!  Now I know what I have and although I did buy one skein of yarn at Walmart today (they have different colors from anywhere else   Roll Eyes), I plan on joining the OWS and Pinterest swaps to get gifts for the holidays and also destash the yarn I already have.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jfer007
« Reply #1057 on: June 30, 2013 07:43:53 PM »

I cannot believe it's July already! I haven't crafted much this summer, unfortunately. I've been making a ton of swirly scarves from my moms stash, but at least they aren't going into mine. Hopefully once summer calms down a bit I will have more time to think about crafting Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: June 30, 2013 07:54:41 PM »

I really don't need to be adding to my stash, but how could I pass this up?  A local shop that specializes in christening dresses is closing.  Everything in their store is 80% off so I loaded up on laces and trims!  But I did make sure I had a plan for (most) everything I bought.  My son kept on trying to get me to buy some baby blue silk fabric that regularly cost $30, but I resisted cause I really couldn't think what I would use it for.  Normally all of what I got would have cost $90, but I got it for $18!  Now I just have to keep myself from going back and getting more in the next few days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scholars and artists...differ most importantly in the way their knowledge is come by.  Scholars get theirs with conscientious thoroughness along projected lines of logic; poets...stick to nothing deliberately, but let what will stick to them like burrs where they walk in the fields.
  -Robert Frost
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1059 on: July 01, 2013 10:31:14 AM »

bananaleg I bet your brother was a hit with his beard!

craftylittlemonkey  your little girl has quite an eye. I love that piece.

Kookaloo_Starr your dolls are so cute and happy looking. Great job.

dulcet wait, that blanket is made from trousers? How cool! Love it.

gaudiknight love the colors.

As for the challenge, can I consider the socks I am working on for my son as an item for a friend?

Oh dulcet, I don't know if I could keep from going back my self.

I still can not find my camera, and time is stretched until next summer for me. But that is OK. It means we are moving ahead with plans long in the making.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Louise the Big Cheese Book Trailer
Helen Mirren Talks About Her Book and Writing
Indu Sundaresan Talks About Her Novel Shadow Princess
Adrienne Vrettos Talks About the Inspiration Behind the Exile of Gigi Lane
Get to Know Bestselling Author Lisa McMann
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...