A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
547 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 150321 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1000 on: May 31, 2013 07:44:36 PM »

They are lovely and useful!  I made notecards, too, but I don't think it made much of dent in my stash...

Fabric scraps:

Fingerprint pandas:

Fingerprint owls:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
gaudiknight
« Reply #1001 on: May 31, 2013 08:09:58 PM »

June Themes!

Untitled by Smithsonian Institution, on Flickr

Color:  Orange  
Pattern:  Solids
For:  Yard (or windowsill/balcony/fire-escape for the apartmet dwellers out there)
Challenge 1:  Six month check in!  Has your stash migrated?  Grown?  Shrunk?  Take a look back at your DeStashing resolutions and see how far you've come.  Are your goals still relevant, or do you need to do some tweaking?
Challenge 2: Have any swaps caught your eye recently but you weren't able to join?  Make something for yourself using the same themes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1002 on: June 01, 2013 01:54:52 AM »

June already  Shocked

My stash has shrunk and is also much tidier than at the beginning of the year. I'm happy with the progress I've made and the projects I've made with it  Smiley
I doubt I will be doing any garden projects, me and the garden just don't get along  Roll Eyes Orange is one of my favourite colours at the moment, I made an orange skirt last month and have some of the fabric left over.
I've been remiss at adding pics here but I assure you all my recent projects have all been from stash and I still haven't spent more than 6 on supplies of any kind this year - YAY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: June 01, 2013 06:02:48 AM »

I've been using stash for two swaps I'm in and it did eat up a LOT of yarn; as well as using my cotton yarn stash for water bottle holder end-of-the-school-year gifts for my girls' teachers.

I have to say, as much as I like to buy yarn, with all that I have at the moment, it does feel better to use up what I have.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: June 02, 2013 01:47:29 PM »

I enjoy sewing costumes for my girls' ballet studio, but I am sooo glad it's done!  Of course, I was still sewing an hour before the performance.  And I did use some of my stash.  All of the visible layers of Snow White's costume were from stash.  (There was also a lace layer on top of a classical/pancake tutu that she changed into before the prince kissed her--no photo.)

And the black jacquard that I finally settled on for the Evil Queen's bodice.

There were also two pageboys with tam O'shanters and pantaloons made from a burgundy crepe-backed satin from my stash.  But no pictures of those.  I was so busy in the back with costume changes and then putting away that I didn't get the chance to take pictures of many dancers.  And I made several more costumes, but they were from new materials or studio stash.

Now I need to reorganize my sewing bench because I didn't put anything away properly for the last two months or so.  And then I can get back to finishing my UFOs and other fun stash-busting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scholars and artists...differ most importantly in the way their knowledge is come by.  Scholars get theirs with conscientious thoroughness along projected lines of logic; poets...stick to nothing deliberately, but let what will stick to them like burrs where they walk in the fields.
  -Robert Frost
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1005 on: June 02, 2013 11:01:09 PM »

Holy cow I am loving all of the note cards!! I am especially digging the little owl ones Smiley I may have to steal that idea for my kiddos teacher as a thank you note. Just so cute.

And those ballet costumes are fantastic! I wish I had the nerve to attempt a boddice....

And I've been slowly destashing. I had a baby shower to go to today and started the projects for it last night. Sheesh. And while I had to buy the onesies, at least I used a coupon for the trhree pack and only spent $2.50 on them. The fabric, thread, interfacing, buttons and fiber were all from my stash though so yay!!!

Here are my gentlemen's onesies:

and my favorite, the pirate ship!

And I also made a little stegasaurus to match the first onesie. And, let me tell you, sewing with knits is tough!! I don't know how you ladies do it so it doesn't stinking stretch and pucker. Holy cow.
Also, all four of his legs are the same length, I just had him propped up funny.

On the check up front, I'm doing pretty good. I have definitely used my stash. There is less there, but still a LONG way to go. I've given myself $20 for the whole year and I am also doing good with that. i think I've only spent $7, so doing nicely.
I've got three more projects I'm working on. One is using up a good bit of some fabric I've had forever and it's also one of those projects I started a while ago and left by the wayside. The other two won't use up a ton of stash, but still, everything in them is from stash.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Helcura

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1006 on: June 03, 2013 12:33:10 AM »

Oh, those are so beautiful!  I am really impressed!  Ballet costumes have to be really difficult.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1007 on: June 03, 2013 06:29:47 AM »

Great onesies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1008 on: June 03, 2013 06:52:34 AM »

I have a doily and an anklet to share  Grin Not huge destash projects but it's all good  Wink

The doily is part of a wedding gift and the anklet is allll mine  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1009 on: June 04, 2013 08:55:30 AM »

Your doily is simply beautiful...

dulcet--your costume work is impeccable!  The bodices fit perfectly! And I just love what you did with the Wicked Queen one...beautiful work!

ha--those are really cute onsies!  I love the pirate ship one!

I also love the color orange!  It might be the perfect time to make that dreaded baby pumpkin hat...I know my niece wants it, but I can't stand the thought of making it...Cheesy

I feel like I have cleaned out a bunch of stuff in general...so it feels like I have more room to store my actually crafting stash...I pretty much quit buying kimono fabrics because I have enough to make a bunch of projects for a very long time! Cheesy

I can't seem to stop buying fabrics that I know I will use: black, linen, muslin, etc.  I just like having it on hand...I have stopped buying cute prints just because...there will always be cute prints, so if I need something very particular, I can buy it then...I still have enough in my stash to shop my own stash! Cheesy

Yarn--forget it...I give up...I am always going to have yarn...but I have pretty much stopped buying random stuff on sale...I have a notebook with all of my current stash listed so I am trying hard to shop from this list as well...sock yarn is my current downfall! Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Antwone Fisher Talks About A Boy Should Know How to Tie a Tie
Jimmy Gownley Reveals His Favorite Books
Terra Elan McVoy Talks About After the Kiss
Robert Ferrigno Reveals Who He Admires Most
A.J. Jacobs Reveals What Readers Think About Him
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...