A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 298,630
Currently Running With Scissors:
713 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 157394 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aunty.hela

Would love to do personal swaps?!?

View Profile
« Reply #980 on: May 18, 2013 08:47:43 PM »

great job, love slouchy hats. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #981 on: May 19, 2013 04:38:55 AM »

& then we went to the thrift store and I found FOUR irresistable cashmere and lambswool sweaters for $1-2! Who could resist that? Certainly not me, lol...

Le sigh, this is why I can never really bust my stash. Ah well, I had plans for more monsters anyhow. And I wanted to sew some felted wool dryer balls and stuff them with the teeny tiny wool scraps I have left over from the last batch of monsters. I couldn't throw those out either Tongue.
I might have posted this before but here's the tutorial for sewing those balls (they make fun baby toys too!).
http://nightowlsmenagerie.blogspot.com/2008/12/how-to-make-sewn-dryer-ball-from.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #982 on: May 19, 2013 08:44:09 AM »

Back from holiday, and I'm seriously impressed with what everyone has made from stash!! look at you all go!! I need to take lessons.  I've been finding it really hard to craft with my 5&3 year old around.  As soon as I pick up a project it's "Mom! I'm hungry" "Mom! read to me!" "Mom, Mom, Mom!" LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #983 on: May 19, 2013 09:50:11 AM »

I've not had much to share lately, but I have been watching all of the cool goodies being posted. Smiley

After following a link to Anthropology today, I thought I was back here on Craftster. (safe for work link) http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/product/clothes-loungewear/27437284.jsp

Holy cow, they have these sets in two colors and look like some of the great undies I've seen here!  They really do follow the blogs, don't they? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

texscrapper

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #984 on: May 19, 2013 02:34:58 PM »

Made a matching Brother/Sister set for my cousin. Her baby is due shortly and they are HUGE LSU fans - I just live how these turned out!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for personal swaps! Longing for a "Muffin Man" type poppet for
my son.

2014 Crafts
50 Projects in 2014 - 15/50
De-stash Projects Completed - 25

Total Projects in 2014: 40
Swap Packages Sent: 14
dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #985 on: May 19, 2013 04:26:00 PM »

CLM-- I know exactly why you need that heat-resistant pad for canning!  Brilliant!  How big did you make them--how many bottles will fit on there?

Texscrapper-- cute kiddy outfits.

I have a question for you guys.  Long ago my daughter was given a blanket that was made out of flannel yo-yos.  They were just whip-stitched to each other side-by-side where the circles touched.  And that just wasn't sturdy at all, and not washing-machine friendly.  Just plain bad idea for a child's blanket.  So the stitching had come apart in several places and I set it aside (for years) until I could decide what to do for it.  I got it out today, thinking that I would attach it to a backing by zigzagging around the circles.  But really I'd have to do each 2" circle, and I discovered that even doing one was difficult because I have to turn the whole blanket in a circle through the machine.  And hand-stitching doesn't thrill me.  Any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have boxes of vintage piano music.  Some as old as 1890's!  PM me if you'd like some!
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #986 on: May 19, 2013 04:38:31 PM »

The anthropology shorts are terrific, I love the self-binding like that. Eliminates the need for all that fussy elastic, such a pain that stuff is. I have 6 pairs that have been waiting for me to sew the elastic on for about 8 or 9 years now, no kidding. I think my butt's changed size in that time, lol, it will all be for naught when I finally get them done!
Texscrapper I don't know what LSU is but those sure are cute outfits!
Dulcet, the mats are pretty big actually, about 2' X 3'. If one doesn't work I can always double them up. That's really some kind of heat coming off those jars, whew! To make them I just sewed a fabric and insulbrite sandwich right sides together, turned them right side out, stitched around the outside them sewed vertical and horizontal lines, trying as best I could to keep it all flat and together. I pinned the layers with safety pins before sewing the lines to help with that. I have never quilted in that way before, it's Hard!
For your yo-yo quilt could you just stitch a small knot in the centre of each one, onto a backing? Still a lot of work but not so much as trying to sew around each circle. If this is for an older child a large button or a couple of them layered in the centre of each yo-yo would look so nice.

Those cashmere sweaters are giving me a hard time, they just don't felt up as well as lamb's wool. I've washed them 3 times now and not a lot of shrinkage yet. The last batch took 5 or 6 trips through the washer and dryer :/. Le sigh, this recycling effort is not very energy efficient.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013 04:41:38 PM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #987 on: May 20, 2013 08:11:18 AM »

My BIL is a LSU grad, so he would appreciate kiddos in those colors!  I love the outfits!

CLM--that jean pocket hanger is fantastic!!!  I have never had luck felting cashmere or mohair...I wonder if they pre-wash so that the garment won't shrink a lot?  I do love those fabric/sewn dryer balls...great tutorial!

omg--those scrappy underwear better guarantee a good time for those prices!!! Grin 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #988 on: May 20, 2013 07:08:58 PM »

Hey all! Wow, CLM you really are a crafty little monkey!! I bow to your craftiness and perseverence lol!
Also, I'm loving all of the undies and anthropologie has nothing on you! Love all of the hats adn that cute litle pair of outfits Cheesy.

I actually have some destashing progress to report. The first is a yarn destash. My 6 y/o is in kindergarten right now and she told me she wanted some fingerless gloves for when she would be at recess so her hands wouldn't be so cold. I let her rummage through my yarn and she picked out this fantastic aqua multitoned stuff that I've been just holding on to and drafted a pattern for them and hooked them up. She calls them her mermaid mits. Not that she'll use them in our high of 93 today. *sigh* At least they are set for the fall/winter!

The other item is an upcycle. Years ago I bought this dress. I loved the patchy look to it but not the triangle top. Well, a strap finally broke and the whole thing spent three years waiting for me to fix it and I finally did! I cut the top and straps off, sewed down the raw edge and turned it into a fab skirt. Cheesy hooray!

And I have two things that just need to get a final wash and iron and one skirt that just needs a waist band and zipper. I'm hoping to get that done tonight with more progress to show tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #989 on: May 21, 2013 07:47:59 AM »

love the patchy skirt...isn't it great to get a project done that has been hanging around?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make DIY Embellished Tassel Shirts
5 Creative Halloween Costumes You Already Have in Your Closet
Kate Middleton Wears Sexiest Dress Yet… While Pregnant
7 Little Black Dresses for Under $25
Culottes: How to Wear Them
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Roll with Maple Cream Cheese Filling

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...