A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,547
Currently Running With Scissors:
663 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 143293 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Renstar
« Reply #830 on: April 01, 2013 10:30:59 AM »

Today, I made a HUGE mitten out of two king sized sheets (which I will take to school for my kiddos to use, plus it keeps it out of my house Smiley )and I made a pair of lace shorts! I am going to miss being able to craft in peace on Sundays when football is on Tongue

I just searched for shorts and this came up, how do you make the lace shorts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna.wahnsinn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #831 on: April 01, 2013 03:57:22 PM »

So, March is over, I'm still keeping up with all your crafts, and live most of it! I didn't get to destash a lot of crabby stuff, but I made some things for my DD - a little mattress with cover, blanket and pillow (which used up some stashed for this purpose clothes) as some kind of trial run and I finally managed to convert & hem a pair of jeans, so I now have my first pair of maternity jeans. I still have to take a picture of tbucket, though, but it's after midnight and I tend to make too much noise when I'm tired. Sitting and typing I can just about manage.

As the kid keeps insisting on climbing into tbucket bed herself, it won't last long, and then we'll see about getting (or making) something sturdier tbucket is less pink, maybe.

On the other hand I didn't add to my stash, either. I didn't buy anything in March - well, no supplies, just tbucket one book on March 1.

Aaaand pro-tip for clothes destashing (only recommended if you really have too much and use at least two wardrobes): I had to throw out 4 large garbage sacks full of clothes because we put our new wardrobes too close to an as yet uninsulated wall (we thought 5cm would be enough). The really current stuff (i.e. warm and everyday) stuff was somewhere else, and I had my comfy light pregnancy & post-pregnancy (summer) stuff safe in two boxes, so I guess I was lucky. And we get to use up those 5 pieces of Lochwand (sorry! pegboard?) to make ("craft") new backsides! Maybe this will prompt me to finally sew up some of the things I've been planning to (and buying fabric for) and thus getting rid of some of the larger stash pieces?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013 03:59:29 PM by anna.wahnsinn - Reason: created thumbnail to reduce amount of pink... » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more.  I shall have to throw out a wing soon." Jerome K. Jerome

http://pinterest.com/annawahnsinn
bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

« Reply #832 on: April 02, 2013 01:20:41 AM »

jfer, your Easter dress is cute!

rlb, dodecahedron, super cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
jfer007
« Reply #833 on: April 02, 2013 03:59:55 AM »

Pretty dress.

What is the yarn on the stripped hat? They are all really cool looking.

The yarn for the blue and brown one was Red Heart and the black/brown/gray one is Charisma by Loops and Threads. 

Today, I made a HUGE mitten out of two king sized sheets (which I will take to school for my kiddos to use, plus it keeps it out of my house Smiley )and I made a pair of lace shorts! I am going to miss being able to craft in peace on Sundays when football is on Tongue

I just searched for shorts and this came up, how do you make the lace shorts?

I just used a short pattern on some lace fabric I had. I just make sure to wear leggings under them Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #834 on: April 02, 2013 07:39:38 AM »

Sorry bananaleg, you asked a while back how I laced my rug together.  I looked at a tutorial from a blog called Sunshine's Creations.  Wish I had some of that linen twine she recommends, but I just used black crochet cotton.  But using stash and getting it finished was the point, so I went right ahead.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scholars and artists...differ most importantly in the way their knowledge is come by.  Scholars get theirs with conscientious thoroughness along projected lines of logic; poets...stick to nothing deliberately, but let what will stick to them like burrs where they walk in the fields.
  -Robert Frost
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #835 on: April 02, 2013 08:21:24 AM »

April
Color:  Purple 
Pattern:  Paisley
For:  Your car, bicycle, scooter, or donkey cart.  However you get around.
Challenge1:  Now that you've done a bit of cleaning, picked our collective brains for new uses for old items, and generally had a while to ponder your stash, you may come to the conclusion that there are some items in there you are never going to use.  That's okay!  Pass them along to someone else.  (After all, that makes room for new stuff).
Challenge 2: Okay, so we've all probably got a pinterest boards or a bookmark folder full of neat tutorials we've saved for later.  Well, later is now, so how about rolling up your sleeves and giving one or two of them a try.

April already  Grin

Since purple & Paisley are two of my favourite things I guess I ought to be able to make something from this months theme  Cheesy

I don't know about making something for my bike though, I shall have to have a think about that. I did save a pattern for a handlebar bag but I lost it when my external drive broke  Sad Maybe I can find it again if I google long and hard enough!

Last month seemed to be taken up by hats but I'm slowing down on the crochet again and feeling the need to sew something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
gaudiknight
« Reply #836 on: April 02, 2013 02:51:17 PM »

April Themes

Purple Satin Fabric by shaire productions, on Flickr

Color:  Purple  
Pattern:  Paisley
For:  Your car, bicycle, scooter, or donkey cart.  However you get around.
Challenge 1:  Now that you've done a bit of cleaning, picked our collective brains for new uses for old items, and generally had a while to ponder your stash, you may come to the conclusion that there are some items in there you are never going to use.  That's okay!  Pass them along to someone else.  (After all, that makes room for new stuff).
Challenge 2: Okay, so we've all probably got a Pinterest boards or a bookmark folder full of neat tutorials we've saved for later.  Well, later is now, so how about rolling up your sleeves and giving one or two of them a try.

Kookaloo_Starr copied these in her post earlier, I've put it up again so they're easier to read.  I got caught up with travel and family for Easter and forgot to post them yesterday.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013 02:53:28 PM by gaudiknight » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

« Reply #837 on: April 02, 2013 04:39:12 PM »

Well, April is my month, purple is my favorite color, and i believe i have some paisley fabric somewhere. Woohoo!

My sister sent me a picture of my nephew in his Mickey Mouse hat. Like i figured, the ears do not stay up, but it's maybe even more adorable because of it.

Look at his little face. Hahaha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #838 on: April 02, 2013 05:46:39 PM »

Oh, how adorable! And yes, I do mean both the hat and the kid.  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #839 on: April 03, 2013 06:32:10 AM »

too cute!  I think the floppy little ears makes it even cuter, too!  awww--what an expression! *smooch*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to paint with your hands
How to Draw an Easy Spider
New Bedroom Entrance Day 5
Drybrushing Techniques
Painting Texture and Detail with Fabric Brushes
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...