A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 309,706
Currently Running With Scissors:
566 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 180309 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #700 on: March 12, 2013 01:07:22 PM »

Sorry can't comment.  Too busy staring slack jawed at CLM's post....AMAZING...oh look...I commented Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my entry in the Ticketmaster challenge Grin

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=439314.new#new
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Your life is what you make of it

« Reply #701 on: March 12, 2013 01:07:59 PM »

oh Taramor--thanks for the reminder...I forget that I craft for the joy of making something...not the end use or product...Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #702 on: March 12, 2013 07:45:48 PM »

you ladies are machines!!  I've been up to a bit, but nothing is finished, or photographed....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

plaidpineapple
« Reply #703 on: March 12, 2013 08:47:32 PM »

JessKelly I love your jigsaw quilting, how cool!
craftylittlemonkey Holy Smokes! That is a serious amount of stuffies!  I LOVE that black and gray argyle one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

J_Kieviet
« Reply #704 on: March 12, 2013 08:48:55 PM »

Been busting stash, making some swap stuff (I HAVE GOT to get it out this week), some pj eaters, and a blouse for myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: March 13, 2013 06:05:57 AM »

J_Kieviet-- pj eaters?  Are they some kind of toy where kids store their pajamas during the day in the toy's mouth?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have boxes of vintage piano music.  Some as old as 1890's!  PM me if you'd like some!
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #706 on: March 13, 2013 10:34:32 AM »

I haven't got much destashing done, but I'm going to have to destashing lots one way or another now. If all goes well we'll be moving 1600 miles in four months. That means leaving behind my I laws storage unit where the majority of my crafting stash has been stored.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
gaudiknight
« Reply #707 on: March 13, 2013 01:13:35 PM »

I was wondering also if any of you question just making stuff just because you have the stash...I saw a cute jeans bucket thing...I have lots of jeans...but then I started thinking about what I would do with it...I realize I make a lot of things like hats and pouches just because I have the stash and not because I am going to use, sell or give the item away...any of you do that or is it just me?

That right there is the reason I have so many scarves.  I always seem to buy skeins of yarn in pairs with the logic that one skein is too little but they're too expensive to buy three.  So I end up with two and then months later when I dig it out of my stash I can't think of anything else to make other than a scarf.  And I love knitting scarves, don't get me wrong!  I'm basically a process knitter and have more fun with the techniques and yarn than the finished product.  I just need to find a good outlet for more of my scarves, since my family and friends are becoming  saturated and I'm running out of storage space.

With that being said, anyone have some good ideas for using up two skeins of worsted weight yarn besides scarves?

melerific - there is nothing quite like a move for destashing motivation.  Best of Luck!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013 01:15:32 PM by gaudiknight » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

I'm so squishy!

View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 13, 2013 03:36:09 PM »

Although I have made NADA progress on destashing recently, I do have a suggestion for the scarves.  Make them and donate them to a soup kitchen, a church, a social services agency (welfare), daycares, etc....  I work for a school for low income families, and I make scarves for the students each Xmas, and a lot of the students wear them for the rest of the winter.  I've also been to the other places too, and have seen those items donated and used.  Then you get to use up the yarn, enjoy the process, and also feel good about what you are doing!

I also like to make mediumish sized crocheted totes and handsew a lining into them...it destashes both the yarn and the fabric stash!

I'm also making a bunch of water bottle holders for my girls' teachers as 'end of the year' gifts.  It's using up my cotton yarn stash, although they can be made with probably any type of yarn...I've used acrylic before.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl (my personal pinterest)
www.etsy.com/shop/LadybuggirlCrafts
http://Pinterest.com/LadybuggirlCrafts (my business pinterest-click on banner in right corner)
I'm on instagram:  ladybuggirlcrafts

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #709 on: March 13, 2013 04:22:38 PM »

gaudiknight, have you seen the book One Skein Wonders? I think there's a few in that series now. I don't knit, but sometimes my daughter does. Which mean everybody gave her random yarn. So, I bought her the first book, but the library might have these!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@craftster
<a href="http://StudioLTD@etsy.com.>StudioLTD"</a>| Couponcode CRAFTSTER 10%
<a href=https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg>HipsterHive</a>|
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd6
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fall Denim Trends
How to Get the Rihanna Style
Why Women Hate Strapless Bras
Lawsuit Against Kitson Over Drug Related Apparel
Update Your Fall Wardrobe For Cheap
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Making Toys
May 27, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Solar Light Garden Mushroom

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...