A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,087
Currently Running With Scissors:
488 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 133402 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #690 on: March 11, 2013 07:13:38 AM »

bananaleg--wow!  That is a whole lot of yarn destashing!  I love the hat you made using the yarn you got in a swap...it is beautiful!

The purple hat and your niece are adorable!

CLM--I love that you have your sweaters all felted and ready to go...I think if I had more stuff ready to go, I would feel like using the stuff...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #691 on: March 11, 2013 01:29:10 PM »

banana leg I love all your crocheted goodies. That is so nice of you to make blankets for all the little NICU babies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Audania1

Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #692 on: March 11, 2013 03:32:15 PM »

Ok so I started reading the "requirements" for this craft along and then some of the comments about organizing and how to do this and that. 10 pages later, I decided I had better stop reading and just sign up here already lol. I have so much stuff. It's daunting. It's depressing. It needs organizing. Hell, it just needs to get used!
We (4 people) live in a small 800 sq. foot apartment and my half of the entire wall length closet is filled with craft bins of fabric, paper, YARN, beads, candle making and miscellaneous everything. I have a chest of drawers filled with the same. My dresser is covered ontop and so is my sewing machine, the small table it's on and underneath it. HELP!
My goal this year is to only use what I have on hand. For everything. That said, I am giving myself a small allowance of $40 for items like glue sticks, thread, etc. other than that, no dice. Wish me luck! I look forward to awesome crafting time "together"!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #693 on: March 11, 2013 03:43:05 PM »

Welcome & good luck Audania1  Grin  Wink

I'm allowing myself to buy things that will enable me to use more of my stash (such as interfacing) but keeping a tally in my signature of how much I actually spend on craft supplies this year. If I can't make it mostly from stash then I'm looking for alternatives that can be made with what I already own  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
J_Kieviet

« Reply #694 on: March 11, 2013 09:43:05 PM »

I've used up a fair bit of ribbon, cord, and binding in some aprons today, the aprons have been cut for 6 months, I finally started putting them together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Mccalls 6337 sewing pattern, if you have a copy you'd be willing to share/give/sell please let me know.  The bag costs $60 and I think perhaps I could make it cheaper/
JessKelly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #695 on: March 11, 2013 11:19:46 PM »

Kookaloo_Starr
fantastic work on that hat, especially lovely colour!
bananaleg I am not even sure where to start, you have a lots of skill and a lot of heart!
Audania1 I am very much looking forward to seeing what you craft; you have some excellent goals and I wish you all the luck in the world!

I have quite a few crafts which I am in the middle of but I have completed this...

I am hoping a perfect addition to a birthday present for an extroverted wild child social butterfly is a handcrafted jewellery roll/clutch to keep her spiky jewellery from getting lost while adventuring somewhere...because that is exactly what I made her Smiley I am not sure if you can see, but I quilted the already chaotic fabric with a jig saw pattern which I think she will appreciate.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #696 on: March 12, 2013 06:01:41 AM »

It is lovely, jess!  I like it because it does look chaotic, wild, random--all the things I love! Cheesy

The buttons really add to the fun as well...the orange is a nice pop of color...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #697 on: March 12, 2013 11:23:23 AM »

JessKelly, that's REALLY cute!

OOOHH QUILT BLOCKS! And so many hats, girls, wow!

I broke into the scrap fabric stash for some snips and bits to make ears with and since the bin was such a jumble I ended up organizing it. There's a pile set aside for crazy quilting, another pile for Teesha Moore style "poptarts", a pile with all the larger pieces of fabric and another with the smaller bits that are bigger than scraps but not big enough to really do much with. I'm going to bust that stuff next. I'm just not going to put away the sewing machine at all, it's on a table in the middle of the living room and there it will stay until I've conquered that entire box, mwah ha ha ha ha!

Here's 54 monsters waiting to be stuffed and embellished

Sock creature progress

The thread busted so far. Some of it is REALLY old! But surprisingly still good.

Then I saw this project in an art gallery window in the city this week and thought it would be perfect for me. If I hadn't just used up all the sweater stash I had, lol. I'll have to buy some more just for this. I'll end up with left overs for more monster but what the heck. Might as well keep at it, eh? Seeing as how I'm apparently addicted to it, ha!

This is a bit sloppier than my personal style but I'm going to take the concept and make it my own.

There was a wrap made from old t-shirts squares too that I think I'm going to try. I have a stash of our old shirts to make another quilt with but how many of those do we need, really? One gianormous t-shirt blanket is probably enough, right? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #698 on: March 12, 2013 11:57:50 AM »

wow CLM--you have been busy...I am admiring your "factory" production...I was just thinking last night that I would probably sew more if I had a few projects cut out and ready to go...I think I might try that, but not to the extent you have...like maybe cut out three tops and mark them for sewing...

I was wondering also if any of you question just making stuff just because you have the stash...I saw a cute jeans bucket thing...I have lots of jeans...but then I started thinking about what I would do with it...I realize I make a lot of things like hats and pouches just because I have the stash and not because I am going to use, sell or give the item away...any of you do that or is it just me?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Taramor
« Reply #699 on: March 12, 2013 01:02:14 PM »

Great jewelery roll, Jesskelly. It looks chaotic in a disciplined way - if that is possible?  Grin
Wauw, Crafty! You have been busy - a whole army of sock monsters-to-be! And your thread rolls - you migth have busted the thread, but now you have a bunch of pretty old rolls - you must make something with them.  (The little red one is the cutest, even if it isn't old  Cheesy).

I know what you mean, Always - I have made to many bags and totes. I strive to be better and only craft something I or someone else will be happy to use. But often something just looks like so much fun, so I start on it even though I have no use for it. But in a way I think it is all right. We are are playing, and it is more about the process than the goal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Sprinkle Wallpaper - Pixelmator
How to Create a Apple TV Style Wallpaper - Pixelmator
How to Use the Quartz Composure - Pixelmator
How to Create Godzilla - Pixelmator
How to Create a Blurred Background - Pixelmator
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...