A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 315,691
Currently Running With Scissors:
378 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 139
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 240944 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #680 on: March 10, 2013 12:59:06 PM »

Your fabric hat looks so fun, Kook!

I haven't taken photos of everything i've been making, but here are a few.

A bunch of baby hats.

This is for a friend's new baby, but i haven't gotten her address yet, so i have no photos of them on him.

I make hats for my nephew each month. This is his 5-month hat for March.

Got this yarn in a swap with Shannin last year.

I made two of these cowls. One for a friend and then one for me.

Some felt goodies for luckdragon, minus one mustache i didn't take a picture of.

Had to buy the snaps for the needlebook, but maybe they will help me use up more of my felt now.

My niece was invited to a birthday party. I found out i would be taking her the night before, and she had no present. Her friend's favorite color is purple. Smart girl.

These two are wips.
I thought the greens went well together in the store, when i bought them a long time ago... but all done up, i'm not so sure. Working on incorporating other colors.

This one so far is all stash yarn. But i had less of each color than i thought. Debating whether to buy more of each color or add other colors (which i don't really want to).

After years of trying to conceive and having no luck... my brother and sister-in-law finally had a baby boy thanks to embryo adoption. He's a preemie. He was born 8 days ago, 15 3/4" long, and weighing 3 pounds. I had some leftover yarn from when my other nephew was born, and i made him this tiny security blanket. It's on his bed in the NICU.

And after the NICU nurses saw his blanket, they all told my brother how much they love it, and that i should make them for all the NICU babies.
I've been buying yarn for those because i want them to have bright and cheerful and baby soft starghans, but for this one, i used some rainbow-y stuff from stash.

Last but not least... some of you from last year might remember i got a huge bag of yarn from my cousin. Her mom was going to make her a blanket when she was a baby, but she never did and decided to give her the yarn last year instead... and she gave it to me. Well, she and her husband are also trying to have a baby. They're trying IVF, again, and i'm just hoping and praying it works this time. I really want them to have this baby blanket i'm making from her yarn.

I think i might keep it like this, but i might do a couple more rows. I haven't decided. A lot of the colors are running out.

Whew. Did anybody get through all of that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

msassive stroke March 18 not right in the head.:(

« Reply #681 on: March 10, 2013 03:35:24 PM »

Great work on de-stashing. I got rid of a little fabric and doing small project for a swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #682 on: March 10, 2013 03:50:07 PM »

You have been busy a bananaleg!  Grin  I love hats of all kinds and all colours  Wink

Its Mothering Sunday here in the UK and my youngest son Jake bought me yarn  Grin he knows what his Mama likes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 11, 2013 07:11:12 AM »

CLM-- your stacks of prepped fabrics make my fingers twitch!  It makes me realize that organized fabrics where I can see everything are much more inspiring than tossed-through piles that make me depressed at the mess.  I hope you get lots done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have boxes of vintage piano music.  Some as old as 1890's!  PM me if you'd like some!

Thing-A-Day
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Make all the Things!

« Reply #684 on: March 11, 2013 07:13:38 AM »

bananaleg--wow!  That is a whole lot of yarn destashing!  I love the hat you made using the yarn you got in a swap...it is beautiful!

The purple hat and your niece are adorable!

CLM--I love that you have your sweaters all felted and ready to go...I think if I had more stuff ready to go, I would feel like using the stuff...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #685 on: March 11, 2013 01:29:10 PM »

banana leg I love all your crocheted goodies. That is so nice of you to make blankets for all the little NICU babies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Audania1
I really want to go to Disney World again

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #686 on: March 11, 2013 03:32:15 PM »

Ok so I started reading the "requirements" for this craft along and then some of the comments about organizing and how to do this and that. 10 pages later, I decided I had better stop reading and just sign up here already lol. I have so much stuff. It's daunting. It's depressing. It needs organizing. Hell, it just needs to get used!
We (4 people) live in a small 800 sq. foot apartment and my half of the entire wall length closet is filled with craft bins of fabric, paper, YARN, beads, candle making and miscellaneous everything. I have a chest of drawers filled with the same. My dresser is covered ontop and so is my sewing machine, the small table it's on and underneath it. HELP!
My goal this year is to only use what I have on hand. For everything. That said, I am giving myself a small allowance of $40 for items like glue sticks, thread, etc. other than that, no dice. Wish me luck! I look forward to awesome crafting time "together"!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got tons of new stuff in my store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyWyldChild?ref=ss_profile
My Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/audreynh/
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #687 on: March 11, 2013 03:43:05 PM »

Welcome & good luck Audania1  Grin  Wink

I'm allowing myself to buy things that will enable me to use more of my stash (such as interfacing) but keeping a tally in my signature of how much I actually spend on craft supplies this year. If I can't make it mostly from stash then I'm looking for alternatives that can be made with what I already own  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
J_Kieviet
« Reply #688 on: March 11, 2013 09:43:05 PM »

I've used up a fair bit of ribbon, cord, and binding in some aprons today, the aprons have been cut for 6 months, I finally started putting them together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for 100% Cotton scraps.  Miss G wants to make a scrap quilt for as little $ as possible, so if you have something that she could use, please pm me.
JessKelly
« Reply #689 on: March 11, 2013 11:19:46 PM »

Kookaloo_Starr
fantastic work on that hat, especially lovely colour!
bananaleg I am not even sure where to start, you have a lots of skill and a lot of heart!
Audania1 I am very much looking forward to seeing what you craft; you have some excellent goals and I wish you all the luck in the world!

I have quite a few crafts which I am in the middle of but I have completed this...

I am hoping a perfect addition to a birthday present for an extroverted wild child social butterfly is a handcrafted jewellery roll/clutch to keep her spiky jewellery from getting lost while adventuring somewhere...because that is exactly what I made her Smiley I am not sure if you can see, but I quilted the already chaotic fabric with a jig saw pattern which I think she will appreciate.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 139 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Recovery Story: Burned, Blinded, and Blessed
Let the Sky Fall Trailer
The Life of John Hay, from Lincoln to Roosevelt
David Rotenberg on the Junction Chronicles
Wool by Hugh Howey Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...
Flower Power!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...