A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,871
Currently Running With Scissors:
578 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 134001 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #660 on: March 04, 2013 12:10:04 PM »

A lot of the ribbons and some of the fabrics literally turned into dust...they were so brittle and old...I know that one of the pieces I got was cashmere...It looks to be in good condition so maybe I can make the men in that family a cashmere scarf (it is very soft and a dark grey...)...apparently, this wonderful woman made suits to make money for her family!! I love that so many things still had the price and the stores she bought the stuff at...

I was mostly excited about the metal zippers...I want to make those tiny purses like Stickerchi87 makes! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mellybelly81
my handmade dream

I'll have that... I might be able to use it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #661 on: March 04, 2013 03:40:39 PM »

happy March bday always! My bday was yesterday (4th) and I got a gift card for Spotlight from my son. So whilst technically the money will have come from the household budget (via my hubby!) I won't feel guilty spending money on craft supplies. So kinda like free stash, right? Smiley

your bday gift sounds amazing always. My family still needs to go through my gran's stash (she passed away 2 years ago). She used the granny flat that used to house my gt grandparents as her sewing/craft room, so thats the kitchenette, living area AND bedroom and also had an entire bedroom in the main house full of stuff. Plus she was pretty organised. All fabrics folded into types on shelves, haberdashery in labelled jars and shoeboxes... Amazing. I think my mum and aunties have been reluctant to go through it thus far. If i ever get my house renos done, I will suggest we do it, otherwise it will just turn to dust like some of that stuff you found always.

Love the cross stitch sampler - I need to pull out some of my cross stitch WIPs.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2013 - 6/50
13 quilts in 2013 - 0/13
Destash-along

http://pinterest.com/myhandmadedream/

Looking for teal/turquoise/aqua, grey and white (or a combo) fabric for a quilt.

My son loves Peppa Pig's brother George and Raa Raa the noisy lion.
texscrapper

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #662 on: March 04, 2013 05:17:55 PM »

Here are two projects that I made for a swap using some fabric scraps - these headbands were super easy!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for personal swaps! Longing for a "Muffin Man" type poppet for
my son.

2014 Crafts
50 Projects in 2014 - 15/50
De-stash Projects Completed - 21

Total Projects in 2014: 36
Swap Packages Sent: 13
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #663 on: March 05, 2013 06:45:15 AM »

Cute headbands!  With summer coming up and my hair getting too long, I need to start thinking of how to keep it off my fave while I garden!  Those are adorable and seem easy to do!

melly--maybe you should volunteer to reduce/help for your mom and aunties... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #664 on: March 05, 2013 08:15:17 AM »

Always--that was exactly how I felt when my Grandma died and we found tons of unused fabric.  And when we thought we had been through it all, we found a dresser full of more fabric.  It makes me feel connected to her to know that she kept all those little scraps, too.  (She lived through the depression.)  But how sad that she never got to use some of her fabrics.

I work in a fabric store so I see this sort of behavior quite a bit.

One customer tells me she is buying to just have the fabric and admits that she has several thousand, thousand yards of fabric just sitting at home. She tells me that if she does not fold the new fabric just right, it will not fit into the room.  Roll Eyes

I can't see any one getting any pleasure from this stash. Ever.

On a good note I finished up one very small cross stitch Christmas ornament. And I have bypassed several cross stitch and embroidery kits lately and I have so many things here at home I have had in my queue for way too long. Using stash feels nice too.

Even though one just keeps popping up in my mind that my husband pointed out at the store this weekend.  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #665 on: March 05, 2013 08:33:38 AM »

Destashing yarn bits...scrappy hats for charity and gifts!

newborn hat for a friend's first grandson and one for my great nephew

great nephew and his dad hats

to the homeless shelter
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 05, 2013 11:37:55 AM »

The hats with hearts are adorable.

So this morning I needed invitations for my daughter to pass out for her party.  Half way through making some, I realized that I was destashing!  I don't papercraft, so I never counted all those cards that I've saved as stash.  It's just a habit I blame on my female progenitors.  I just cut out cute, birthday-type pictures from the manufactured cards, layered them with some solid brights, and slapped them on blank cards.  Turned out cute.  I realized that using whatever's on hand when a need pops up is just a mindset that a lot of crafters have.  So it shouldn't be so hard for me to reduce my stash.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scholars and artists...differ most importantly in the way their knowledge is come by.  Scholars get theirs with conscientious thoroughness along projected lines of logic; poets...stick to nothing deliberately, but let what will stick to them like burrs where they walk in the fields.
  -Robert Frost
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #667 on: March 05, 2013 12:48:52 PM »

thanks Dulcet--I love the tattoo hats--I bought the pattern off of etsy and it was a bargain since I have made so many as gifts! Cheesy

oh no--shhh--I do not count those boxes and boxes of old cards as stash  Wink

it would make me crazy to think of having to reduce them...nope...just old cards Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013 12:49:52 PM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jfer007
« Reply #668 on: March 05, 2013 04:25:11 PM »

I've had a somewhat productive month after not really crafting last month (on the plus side, I didn't buy any new materials in February either) I used up a small bag of beads on some necklaces and about two yards of fabric on a skirt!

I have been noticing that while I'm destashing I like to 'destash' movies/shows on my Netflix queue! It's incredibly helpful since I can't sit still while watching a movie.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mellybelly81
my handmade dream

I'll have that... I might be able to use it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #669 on: March 05, 2013 04:59:47 PM »

always I have wanted to go through my gran's stash for two years now... I know she had some amazing stuff and I'm sure she wouldn't want it to just be sitting there, but my hubby and even my dad have said no, not until the renovations are finished and I actually have room for more boxes. As it is we are living with walls of boxes! Lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2013 - 6/50
13 quilts in 2013 - 0/13
Destash-along

http://pinterest.com/myhandmadedream/

Looking for teal/turquoise/aqua, grey and white (or a combo) fabric for a quilt.

My son loves Peppa Pig's brother George and Raa Raa the noisy lion.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Author Anna Caltabiano Talks Pain and Survival
Being A Writer Helps Me With Depression
The “Right” Way to Fight Book Trailer
The Idolatry of God by Peter Rollins
Sandra Chapman Shares Brain Exercises from Her Book Make Your Mind Smarter
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...