A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  It's time to vote!  Which Craftster member rocked dollar store crafting?  Cast your vote here!
Total Members: 305,700
Currently Running With Scissors:
386 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 139
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 237985 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #650 on: March 04, 2013 04:38:59 AM »

I have stash dolls to share when my Dotee and IYP partners receive  Smiley  I also have a doily to show when I've got it blocked. It was UFO that I misplaced the pattern for so I've sewn the ends in and called it complete!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Make all the Things!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #651 on: March 04, 2013 06:23:46 AM »

Love the plaid jacket!  So stylish...

I am not a plaid person, but I could have my mind changed with such cute things...I have loads of plaid given to me...

The framed Mario alphabet turned out wonderful!!!

Anna--what a great idea to use such a visual aid!  I think for spring I am going to try it!  Also, congrats on your pregnancy! 

That doily is just beautiful...I hope in my life I will crochet something as lovely to pass down!

Here is my destash/non-destash story:

A friend of mine called me on March 1 while I was having my birthday dinner with my family...his mother died six months ago and he and his sisters found boxes and boxes of yarn, fabric, supplies, etc.  Did I want to come over and go through it and take some home?  Left the chicken on my plate and drove 25 minutes to get there...wow--there was so much stuff!  I came home with a huge box, at least three feet tall...of snaps, zippers, fabric, interfacing, knitting supplies,...they were so generous!  I hope to make a few small things for them to keep in memory of their mother, who was an incredibly talented woman!!  She did everything!  Embroider, crochet, knit, sew clothes, make curtains, knit baby clothes...bead, paint, just wow..

Long story short:  I added to my stash but at no cost...I count it as my birthday present! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #652 on: March 04, 2013 06:44:28 AM »

Here is my destash/non-destash story:

A friend of mine called me on March 1 while I was having my birthday dinner with my family...his mother died six months ago and he and his sisters found boxes and boxes of yarn, fabric, supplies, etc.  Did I want to come over and go through it and take some home?  Left the chicken on my plate and drove 25 minutes to get there...wow--there was so much stuff!  I came home with a huge box, at least three feet tall...of snaps, zippers, fabric, interfacing, knitting supplies,...they were so generous!  I hope to make a few small things for them to keep in memory of their mother, who was an incredibly talented woman!!  She did everything!  Embroider, crochet, knit, sew clothes, make curtains, knit baby clothes...bead, paint, just wow..

Long story short:  I added to my stash but at no cost...I count it as my birthday present! Cheesy

Oh how wonderfully gracious and caring. What an awesome birthday present and Happy B-day from one March baby to another!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all the Things!

« Reply #653 on: March 04, 2013 06:53:41 AM »

It took forever for the girls to get through the stuff...so many memories and stories...I love hearing it all...HOWEVER...it also made me realize that I need to clear out my stash...there were so many unfinished projects...she had patterns pinned to fabrics that were never cut...half finished skirts and jackets...I don't want my family to have to spend six months going through my stuff like this family did... Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 04, 2013 11:54:39 AM »

Always--that was exactly how I felt when my Grandma died and we found tons of unused fabric.  And when we thought we had been through it all, we found a dresser full of more fabric.  It makes me feel connected to her to know that she kept all those little scraps, too.  (She lived through the depression.)  But how sad that she never got to use some of her fabrics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have boxes of vintage piano music.  Some as old as 1890's!  PM me if you'd like some!

Thing-A-Day
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all the Things!

« Reply #655 on: March 04, 2013 12:10:04 PM »

A lot of the ribbons and some of the fabrics literally turned into dust...they were so brittle and old...I know that one of the pieces I got was cashmere...It looks to be in good condition so maybe I can make the men in that family a cashmere scarf (it is very soft and a dark grey...)...apparently, this wonderful woman made suits to make money for her family!! I love that so many things still had the price and the stores she bought the stuff at...

I was mostly excited about the metal zippers...I want to make those tiny purses like Stickerchi87 makes! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mellybelly81
my handmade dream

I'll have that... I might be able to use it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #656 on: March 04, 2013 03:40:39 PM »

happy March bday always! My bday was yesterday (4th) and I got a gift card for Spotlight from my son. So whilst technically the money will have come from the household budget (via my hubby!) I won't feel guilty spending money on craft supplies. So kinda like free stash, right? Smiley

your bday gift sounds amazing always. My family still needs to go through my gran's stash (she passed away 2 years ago). She used the granny flat that used to house my gt grandparents as her sewing/craft room, so thats the kitchenette, living area AND bedroom and also had an entire bedroom in the main house full of stuff. Plus she was pretty organised. All fabrics folded into types on shelves, haberdashery in labelled jars and shoeboxes... Amazing. I think my mum and aunties have been reluctant to go through it thus far. If i ever get my house renos done, I will suggest we do it, otherwise it will just turn to dust like some of that stuff you found always.

Love the cross stitch sampler - I need to pull out some of my cross stitch WIPs.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2013 - 6/50
13 quilts in 2013 - 0/13
Destash-along

http://pinterest.com/myhandmadedream/

Looking for teal/turquoise/aqua, grey and white (or a combo) fabric for a quilt.

My son loves Peppa Pig's brother George and Raa Raa the noisy lion.
texscrapper

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #657 on: March 04, 2013 05:17:55 PM »

Here are two projects that I made for a swap using some fabric scraps - these headbands were super easy!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all the Things!

« Reply #658 on: March 05, 2013 06:45:15 AM »

Cute headbands!  With summer coming up and my hair getting too long, I need to start thinking of how to keep it off my fave while I garden!  Those are adorable and seem easy to do!

melly--maybe you should volunteer to reduce/help for your mom and aunties... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #659 on: March 05, 2013 08:15:17 AM »

Always--that was exactly how I felt when my Grandma died and we found tons of unused fabric.  And when we thought we had been through it all, we found a dresser full of more fabric.  It makes me feel connected to her to know that she kept all those little scraps, too.  (She lived through the depression.)  But how sad that she never got to use some of her fabrics.

I work in a fabric store so I see this sort of behavior quite a bit.

One customer tells me she is buying to just have the fabric and admits that she has several thousand, thousand yards of fabric just sitting at home. She tells me that if she does not fold the new fabric just right, it will not fit into the room.  Roll Eyes

I can't see any one getting any pleasure from this stash. Ever.

On a good note I finished up one very small cross stitch Christmas ornament. And I have bypassed several cross stitch and embroidery kits lately and I have so many things here at home I have had in my queue for way too long. Using stash feels nice too.

Even though one just keeps popping up in my mind that my husband pointed out at the store this weekend.  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 139 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Make a Polaroid Image in Photoshop Cs3 Cs4
How to Make an Animated Myspace Banner in Photoshop Cs3 Cs4
How to Put a Picture in a Gadget Effect in Photoshop Cs3 Cs4
How to Make a Professional Business Card in Photoshop Cs3 Cs4
How to Remove Acne Spots in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Summer Dress
Wonderful Washi
Meatless Monday: Aubergine, Tomato and Goat Cheese Bake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...