A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,099
Currently Running With Scissors:
583 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 133519 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

"this kid is driving me craaaazy!"-Robert Munchs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #650 on: March 03, 2013 08:01:32 AM »

Congratulations on the pregnancy, Anna.wahnsinn!  A good way to not gain excess weight while pregnant is loads of healthy food!  I gained the most with my first, because I ate a lot of goodies and ended up with gestational diabetes.  I didn't indulge with the subsequent pregnancies, and didn't get GD or gain excessively.  Good luck, with both the pregnancy and the weight loss that will follow!  The beads are a clever way to track your progress.

Yay for plaid!  Plaid thermos covers, plaid dresses, plaid all the things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna.wahnsinn

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #651 on: March 03, 2013 10:46:10 AM »

Thanks, Belladune! I actually lost weight during my first pregnancy and with the birth, of course, but I regained nearly all of that. Even nursing doesn't help. Well, I'll see. Luckily, the kid loves fruit and veggies, I'm trying to match her...

Cannot wait to feel better again and actually tackle all my projects around the house, curtains, cushions, two quilts, ... toddler & baby stuff, of course... sorting through a trillion books, things like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more.  I shall have to throw out a wing soon." Jerome K. Jerome

http://pinterest.com/annawahnsinn
gaudiknight
« Reply #652 on: March 03, 2013 12:09:26 PM »

Awesome projects!  I'm really loving all the plaid, and the giant doily/small table cloth is amazing.

For those joining me on a suppy diet - you get to make the rules.  I'm going to be going cold turkey, but whatever makes the most sense for you, whether it's not buying materials to sit around, or no more impulse yarn buys - whatever!  You know your stash, project plans, and willpower better than anyone.

Nothing to show so far for the March themes, but I got my crafting space cleared off from the February themes.  It's not large, but it works.  Sewing machine is stashed under the desk, paper crafting supplies are in the red tote on the shelves.  I still need to work on organization for thread, ribbons, etc. but I have space to breathe again.

59/365 Clean Surfaces by AluminumDryad, on Flickr
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013 12:11:54 PM by gaudiknight » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 03, 2013 02:23:54 PM »

Thanks guys.  I should mention that everything for the jacket and doily were from stash.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scholars and artists...differ most importantly in the way their knowledge is come by.  Scholars get theirs with conscientious thoroughness along projected lines of logic; poets...stick to nothing deliberately, but let what will stick to them like burrs where they walk in the fields.
  -Robert Frost
Craftygoodness
« Reply #654 on: March 04, 2013 04:08:53 AM »

Finally finished my cross stitch, after the terrible tummy bug and then a wicked hangover, oops! The pattern is from http://www.spritestitch.com/?p=2898. Once again, sorry about the pic Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #655 on: March 04, 2013 04:38:59 AM »

I have stash dolls to share when my Dotee and IYP partners receive  Smiley  I also have a doily to show when I've got it blocked. It was UFO that I misplaced the pattern for so I've sewn the ends in and called it complete!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #656 on: March 04, 2013 06:23:46 AM »

Love the plaid jacket!  So stylish...

I am not a plaid person, but I could have my mind changed with such cute things...I have loads of plaid given to me...

The framed Mario alphabet turned out wonderful!!!

Anna--what a great idea to use such a visual aid!  I think for spring I am going to try it!  Also, congrats on your pregnancy! 

That doily is just beautiful...I hope in my life I will crochet something as lovely to pass down!

Here is my destash/non-destash story:

A friend of mine called me on March 1 while I was having my birthday dinner with my family...his mother died six months ago and he and his sisters found boxes and boxes of yarn, fabric, supplies, etc.  Did I want to come over and go through it and take some home?  Left the chicken on my plate and drove 25 minutes to get there...wow--there was so much stuff!  I came home with a huge box, at least three feet tall...of snaps, zippers, fabric, interfacing, knitting supplies,...they were so generous!  I hope to make a few small things for them to keep in memory of their mother, who was an incredibly talented woman!!  She did everything!  Embroider, crochet, knit, sew clothes, make curtains, knit baby clothes...bead, paint, just wow..

Long story short:  I added to my stash but at no cost...I count it as my birthday present! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #657 on: March 04, 2013 06:44:28 AM »

Here is my destash/non-destash story:

A friend of mine called me on March 1 while I was having my birthday dinner with my family...his mother died six months ago and he and his sisters found boxes and boxes of yarn, fabric, supplies, etc.  Did I want to come over and go through it and take some home?  Left the chicken on my plate and drove 25 minutes to get there...wow--there was so much stuff!  I came home with a huge box, at least three feet tall...of snaps, zippers, fabric, interfacing, knitting supplies,...they were so generous!  I hope to make a few small things for them to keep in memory of their mother, who was an incredibly talented woman!!  She did everything!  Embroider, crochet, knit, sew clothes, make curtains, knit baby clothes...bead, paint, just wow..

Long story short:  I added to my stash but at no cost...I count it as my birthday present! Cheesy

Oh how wonderfully gracious and caring. What an awesome birthday present and Happy B-day from one March baby to another!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #658 on: March 04, 2013 06:53:41 AM »

It took forever for the girls to get through the stuff...so many memories and stories...I love hearing it all...HOWEVER...it also made me realize that I need to clear out my stash...there were so many unfinished projects...she had patterns pinned to fabrics that were never cut...half finished skirts and jackets...I don't want my family to have to spend six months going through my stuff like this family did... Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 04, 2013 11:54:39 AM »

Always--that was exactly how I felt when my Grandma died and we found tons of unused fabric.  And when we thought we had been through it all, we found a dresser full of more fabric.  It makes me feel connected to her to know that she kept all those little scraps, too.  (She lived through the depression.)  But how sad that she never got to use some of her fabrics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scholars and artists...differ most importantly in the way their knowledge is come by.  Scholars get theirs with conscientious thoroughness along projected lines of logic; poets...stick to nothing deliberately, but let what will stick to them like burrs where they walk in the fields.
  -Robert Frost
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Keep Hair Sleek in Summer Humidity
How to Create Natural-Looking Highlights
Hair Care Secrets
Timo Weiland - Hair Trends - Fall 2010
Permanent Hair Smoothing Treatments
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...