A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 305,885
Currently Running With Scissors:
572 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 139
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 241329 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 02, 2013 04:07:14 PM »

So my goal was to finish one UFO from my stash each  month.  And these really were finished during February...mostly.

This was a combo of two pieces that weren't working on their own.  My sister asked me to make her bridesmaid dress last spring.  I've had the two muslin/trial bodices lying around ever since.  I loved the plaid, so decided to make it work for me.  Not as a dress--it wasn't my size.  But jackets are supposed to be slightly larger than your normal size, right?  But I don't have anything to wear it with--or do I?  I made a sleeveless navy sheath dress 20 years ago for a friend's wedding.  Back then I thought I knew more than I actually did.  I never really finished it, it didn't really fit right, and I hadn't worn it since.  This was the perfect thing to go with the jacket!  I just had to cut off about 10 inches and hem it, then tack down the facing.  Voila!

I got that far about two weeks ago and stalled at the buttonhole for the jacket.  That was all that was left.  But I couldn't let this sit as a second generation UFO!  So I kicked my own butt in gear today and did the buttonhole.  Finished!  But I may save it for Easter.

Next is a UFO that I've been working on here and there for maybe 4-6 years.  It comes on trips with me, but mostly sat in the sewing room.  So in February I stuck it in the car and worked on it during all those 10 minute waits at the school and dentist office.  The last round was all done in one fell swoop (2 hrs) because I was determined to just get it done!  That was actually Feb 28.  Of course, then I needed to wash it (I did mention it's been around for a while) and block it. 

It took me about 40 hrs all together, and it's 34" across.  What am I going to do with it?  I'm calling it a small tablecloth, and probably saving it for when my daughter gets married.  But that means that sometime I'll have to make something for my other daughter.  There's always more projects!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have boxes of vintage piano music.  Some as old as 1890's!  PM me if you'd like some!

Thing-A-Day
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #641 on: March 02, 2013 04:39:04 PM »

That is such a cute thermos cover JessKelly.

Oh the jacket is great dulcet. I saw a similar one at the mall today. And that is a cute story too.  Cheesy

It is great that you finished the doily. Isn't it amazing how much work can be done in 10 minutes spurts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JessKelly
« Reply #642 on: March 02, 2013 06:42:20 PM »

rottenlittleboys thanks Smiley
dulcet that whole outfit looks beautiful! I may need to commandeer your sewn wardrobe Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anna.wahnsinn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #643 on: March 03, 2013 06:48:17 AM »

What exactly is a bead weight loss thingy? Cheesy

Always, I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention.

I wanted to keep track of my weightloss with a visual aid, and I love beads. So the beads you see on that string are standing for all the kilograms I want to get rid of, starting at the top.

There are 55 beads (every fifth in teal, the rest wood, the hundred one a bit bigger), and the big square one on the bottom would be the 70 kilo mark that I would like to reach some day. So, looking at a sheet starting with a 125 is kind of depressing, but seeing pretty beads and being able to pull the ring down another notch from time to time is rather nice. A see the progress, not the numbers kind of thing.

You can see a little ring of seedbeads between beads 6 and 7, so that means 6 gone already, now on the 7th. Although the pregnancy is screwing this up alittle, I am not actually dieting right now, and as I still have about 6 months to go, I'd go over the top bead, anyway. But I'll have it in September!

I originally meant to do something like this http://pinterest.com/pin/171981279490894097/ but there was no space, and I tend to knock over and lose pretty little stuff not fastened down properly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

plaidpineapple
« Reply #644 on: March 03, 2013 07:58:02 AM »

Love your jacket and dress Dulcet.  They look fabulous together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Belladune
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #645 on: March 03, 2013 08:01:32 AM »

Congratulations on the pregnancy, Anna.wahnsinn!  A good way to not gain excess weight while pregnant is loads of healthy food!  I gained the most with my first, because I ate a lot of goodies and ended up with gestational diabetes.  I didn't indulge with the subsequent pregnancies, and didn't get GD or gain excessively.  Good luck, with both the pregnancy and the weight loss that will follow!  The beads are a clever way to track your progress.

Yay for plaid!  Plaid thermos covers, plaid dresses, plaid all the things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna.wahnsinn

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #646 on: March 03, 2013 10:46:10 AM »

Thanks, Belladune! I actually lost weight during my first pregnancy and with the birth, of course, but I regained nearly all of that. Even nursing doesn't help. Well, I'll see. Luckily, the kid loves fruit and veggies, I'm trying to match her...

Cannot wait to feel better again and actually tackle all my projects around the house, curtains, cushions, two quilts, ... toddler & baby stuff, of course... sorting through a trillion books, things like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #647 on: March 03, 2013 12:09:26 PM »

Awesome projects!  I'm really loving all the plaid, and the giant doily/small table cloth is amazing.

For those joining me on a suppy diet - you get to make the rules.  I'm going to be going cold turkey, but whatever makes the most sense for you, whether it's not buying materials to sit around, or no more impulse yarn buys - whatever!  You know your stash, project plans, and willpower better than anyone.

Nothing to show so far for the March themes, but I got my crafting space cleared off from the February themes.  It's not large, but it works.  Sewing machine is stashed under the desk, paper crafting supplies are in the red tote on the shelves.  I still need to work on organization for thread, ribbons, etc. but I have space to breathe again.

59/365 Clean Surfaces by AluminumDryad, on Flickr
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013 12:11:54 PM by gaudiknight » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 03, 2013 02:23:54 PM »

Thanks guys.  I should mention that everything for the jacket and doily were from stash.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have boxes of vintage piano music.  Some as old as 1890's!  PM me if you'd like some!

Thing-A-Day
Craftygoodness
« Reply #649 on: March 04, 2013 04:08:53 AM »

Finally finished my cross stitch, after the terrible tummy bug and then a wicked hangover, oops! The pattern is from http://www.spritestitch.com/?p=2898. Once again, sorry about the pic Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 139 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Meet Author Paul Byrd
The Pop-Up Yellow Square Book Trailer
21 Nights Book Trailer Short Version
Andrew Clements Talks About Nora Rowley Part 1
Meet Joan and Maddy Lambur
Latest Blog Articles
June 29, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Summer Hat
Hedgies!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...