A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 298,094
Currently Running With Scissors:
719 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 154642 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gaudiknight
« Reply #640 on: March 01, 2013 03:08:03 PM »

March Themes

spring forest by Vilseskogen, on Flickr

Color:  green
Pattern:  flowers
For:  yourself
Challenge 1:  What can I do with this?  What is this?  Why was I saving this?  These are all questions you may have asked yourself over the past two months.  If you've come across stash that you can't quite figure the best use for, post a picture here and ask.  Who knows what another pair of eyes (or two) can come up with!?
Challenge 2: Any brave souls want to join me for a month long craft supply diet?  It's totally optional, and you get to choose how strict you want to be... (*runs for cover*)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 01, 2013 03:33:16 PM »

Oh no.  I just bought a tube turner, and then I read this month's themes.  At least it was 50% off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have boxes of vintage piano music.  Some as old as 1890's!  PM me if you'd like some!
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #642 on: March 01, 2013 07:12:37 PM »

I am done buying supplies for this month but I have two birthdays and a little celebration that I wanted to make something special for with nothing really appropriate.

Oh how cool I have a project I am using that is half green. Smiley And this gives me inspiration to finish up a green dress to shirt re-do and then make green napkins from the left overs.

And I'm in on the diet gaudiknight...if...my buying new supplies for other people in my family is ok?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

JessKelly
« Reply #643 on: March 01, 2013 11:03:12 PM »

It looks as though everyone has been busy, it's great to see!

This project fits within the green theme for march but there's not a flower on it; I will have to add that to another project. 

This is the thermos cover I just completed. It's lined with the sleeve from a cashmere cardigan which had been involved in too many disasters to be wearable. I hand stitched it while it was on the thermos and there is a circle of felt stitched onto it as a base.

The fabric was heating up my hands as I stitched it so I'm certain it will keep my tea hot. It obviously only used a small amount of my stash but it used it up well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
plaidpineapple
« Reply #644 on: March 02, 2013 07:48:27 AM »

Wow, michelleandbean you are rocking on the destashing budget.
JessKelly  nice upcycling for the thermos cover.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: March 02, 2013 04:07:14 PM »

So my goal was to finish one UFO from my stash each  month.  And these really were finished during February...mostly.

This was a combo of two pieces that weren't working on their own.  My sister asked me to make her bridesmaid dress last spring.  I've had the two muslin/trial bodices lying around ever since.  I loved the plaid, so decided to make it work for me.  Not as a dress--it wasn't my size.  But jackets are supposed to be slightly larger than your normal size, right?  But I don't have anything to wear it with--or do I?  I made a sleeveless navy sheath dress 20 years ago for a friend's wedding.  Back then I thought I knew more than I actually did.  I never really finished it, it didn't really fit right, and I hadn't worn it since.  This was the perfect thing to go with the jacket!  I just had to cut off about 10 inches and hem it, then tack down the facing.  Voila!

I got that far about two weeks ago and stalled at the buttonhole for the jacket.  That was all that was left.  But I couldn't let this sit as a second generation UFO!  So I kicked my own butt in gear today and did the buttonhole.  Finished!  But I may save it for Easter.

Next is a UFO that I've been working on here and there for maybe 4-6 years.  It comes on trips with me, but mostly sat in the sewing room.  So in February I stuck it in the car and worked on it during all those 10 minute waits at the school and dentist office.  The last round was all done in one fell swoop (2 hrs) because I was determined to just get it done!  That was actually Feb 28.  Of course, then I needed to wash it (I did mention it's been around for a while) and block it. 

It took me about 40 hrs all together, and it's 34" across.  What am I going to do with it?  I'm calling it a small tablecloth, and probably saving it for when my daughter gets married.  But that means that sometime I'll have to make something for my other daughter.  There's always more projects!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have boxes of vintage piano music.  Some as old as 1890's!  PM me if you'd like some!
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #646 on: March 02, 2013 04:39:04 PM »

That is such a cute thermos cover JessKelly.

Oh the jacket is great dulcet. I saw a similar one at the mall today. And that is a cute story too.  Cheesy

It is great that you finished the doily. Isn't it amazing how much work can be done in 10 minutes spurts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JessKelly
« Reply #647 on: March 02, 2013 06:42:20 PM »

rottenlittleboys thanks Smiley
dulcet that whole outfit looks beautiful! I may need to commandeer your sewn wardrobe Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anna.wahnsinn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #648 on: March 03, 2013 06:48:17 AM »

What exactly is a bead weight loss thingy? Cheesy

Always, I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention.

I wanted to keep track of my weightloss with a visual aid, and I love beads. So the beads you see on that string are standing for all the kilograms I want to get rid of, starting at the top.

There are 55 beads (every fifth in teal, the rest wood, the hundred one a bit bigger), and the big square one on the bottom would be the 70 kilo mark that I would like to reach some day. So, looking at a sheet starting with a 125 is kind of depressing, but seeing pretty beads and being able to pull the ring down another notch from time to time is rather nice. A see the progress, not the numbers kind of thing.

You can see a little ring of seedbeads between beads 6 and 7, so that means 6 gone already, now on the 7th. Although the pregnancy is screwing this up alittle, I am not actually dieting right now, and as I still have about 6 months to go, I'd go over the top bead, anyway. But I'll have it in September!

I originally meant to do something like this http://pinterest.com/pin/171981279490894097/ but there was no space, and I tend to knock over and lose pretty little stuff not fastened down properly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more.  I shall have to throw out a wing soon." Jerome K. Jerome

http://pinterest.com/annawahnsinn
plaidpineapple
« Reply #649 on: March 03, 2013 07:58:02 AM »

Love your jacket and dress Dulcet.  They look fabulous together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
ModaMen: Bro Braid Off
Get Red Carpet Hair at Home with Clairol
How to Get Job Interview Hair
Extend the Life of Your Blowout
How to Make a Messy Braid Bun
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...