A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 299,172
Currently Running With Scissors:
448 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 159940 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #630 on: February 28, 2013 02:12:23 PM »

I do not like the fragrance smell either...that is why I want to try the litter thing...I have to air all of the stuff out for days before I can bring it into my room...it is overwhelming...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #631 on: February 28, 2013 02:59:30 PM »

I'm not big on fragrances either.  I remember one of my grandmothers gave me a head ache regularly...well her perfume did at least...to be honest she did too Grin.  I recently got this cute Hello Kitty air freshener for my car.  I was thinking it would dissipate quickly...no.  Last time I drove my car (which isn't often) I decided it smelled like Brain Damage Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm taking a brake from craftsters. 
I will finish the swaps I'm in...promise Grin
dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #632 on: February 28, 2013 06:06:15 PM »

Thanks for all your suggestions!  I'm going to have to try the kitty litter thing.  Maybe I'll just go ask the neighbor if I can borrow a cup.  Grin  I hope I don't have to wait too long for it to work-- I want to get started right now!  Why can't the stupid stores just carry exactly what I want?  I guess it's forcing me to behave and use my stash.  Unless any of you have a yard of solid black brocade you want to destash....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have boxes of vintage piano music.  Some as old as 1890's!  PM me if you'd like some!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #633 on: March 01, 2013 06:25:04 AM »

What are you making? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 01, 2013 07:14:49 AM »

If that "what are you making" was for me--

I sew costumes in exchange for a tuition break for my daughters' ballet.  This year they're doing Snow White, and I'm starting on the Evil Queen.  I've been excited about this for months, but they only just cast the parts and I needed to wait for measurements.  The Evil Queen is going to have a black bodice and romantic tutu.  Then I'm embellishing it with a peacock motif to represent her pride and vanity.  These will be removable so that the base can be used for other characters later on.  And I wanted brocade because satin just looks so flat and dull from the audience, and I neeed the texture.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013 07:15:09 AM by dulcet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have boxes of vintage piano music.  Some as old as 1890's!  PM me if you'd like some!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #635 on: March 01, 2013 07:22:01 AM »

oh--I just looked at your lovely costumes! Cheesy

I will take some pics of my clothing stash to see if there is anything in there you could use...ha ha ...that is one way to get rid of stash...give it to someone else! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #636 on: March 01, 2013 07:40:49 AM »

Oh, I amjust ever so delicate and sensitive, la.

I totally "heard" this as spoken by Kitty from Pride and Prejudice, heee. Needed this!

Destinking stuff for me usually means putting things outside or putting it through the wash again and again and again... until not smelly anymore (or ruined). I have issues with fragrances, too, funny.

All these great projects, and so many lovely pictures! And so many large projects.

In stashbusting news only I managed to destash some beads for a weightloss thingy, half a sheet for a crib sheet, some more towels for changing mat covers, and about two sheets of thick felt plus notions, a bit of ribbon and scraps for an easy busy book. That one was even made with pink! Didn't really make a dent, but they were all things I really wanted to get done.

The little busy book - four kinds of closures she meets with daily. I have to practise sewing on ribbon, I'm afraid.

And the beaded weight loss thing. I was planning to do something with two small jars, but then I didn't have the space to put those down. This is much more practical, I just pull own the little ring as I go along. Although, for the next six months, that ring will go up, no way around that.

February was very very busy, as was January, but the good thing about that is that I didn't even get a chance to buy anything crafty. (If you discount black paint for the handrail, that is. But we had to get that done before the steps get mounted and there isn't any left to be added to any stash that might or might not exist...) March is probably not going to be much better, but we are putting up our desk and bookshelves in the living room this weekend (please!), and that means lots of space in the craft room for me.

Aaand I bought a craft book today - on making lamp beads. So that is 0.00 for Jan-Feb, and 6.99 for March... All I can say is that book was put on hold for me by my husband, and it wasn't even full price. And I won't be getting any of the materials this year or anytime soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more.  I shall have to throw out a wing soon." Jerome K. Jerome

http://pinterest.com/annawahnsinn
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #637 on: March 01, 2013 07:52:00 AM »

What exactly is a bead weight loss thingy? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whatthepuck
« Reply #638 on: March 01, 2013 11:56:16 AM »

I only spent $3.50 in craft supplies this month. My yearly total is $4.55. I used up 3 skeins of yarn too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Portia my Little Visitor's facebook

Swaps:
Secret Santa
Little Visitor
Nov ATC 2/0/0
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #639 on: March 01, 2013 02:21:00 PM »

You sure did a great budget job...and made a few nice scarves!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Playful Polish in a Giulietta Dress
How to Mix High-End Designers with Great Vintage Finds
How to Go from a Day to Night Look in 60 Seconds
Top 3 Ways to Wear Camel
The Debutante Ball 2013: Party at the Automobile Club in Paris
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...