A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
363 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 160260 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #600 on: February 21, 2013 04:00:37 PM »

I love those baby bibs. Clever and useful.

I acutally destashed about 600 records today at an indoor yard sale, but I have plenty to craft with and now have about 4 boxes more space and money in my pocket. LOL

I sold a very large box of fabric for $5, yes, giveaway, pretty much, but that also freed up space. A few crafting supplies sold. I really hated having people in my messy space. Only one couple today that wasn't a gray hair like me. They saw my messy house and left without buying anything. :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #601 on: February 21, 2013 06:57:38 PM »

You know, if I came into an indoor yard sale at just about anyones house, if I saw a big box of anything crafty, i'd have been all over it, messy or not!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #602 on: February 22, 2013 03:19:47 PM »

Lovesclutter Give-away price or not, its a great feeling to make space and get a little money while doing it.  And it probably made someone else really, really happy.

I've got two little quick destash project from last night (Thursday seems to be my late-night sewing night, no idea why).  I actually finished the entire scrap of fabric with them, which makes me feel really proud, even if it was a small piece to begin with.  Nothing had to be put away at the end!

Juniper's New Dress by AluminumDryad, on Flickr

Pins by AluminumDryad, on Flickr
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013 07:08:29 AM by gaudiknight » THIS ROCKS   Logged

JessKelly
« Reply #603 on: February 22, 2013 03:42:56 PM »

Very nice tiny projects gaudiknight! I need to come up with more tiny projects; I keep small pieces of fabric thinking they will be useful but I don't actually come up with a use for them. I might have to write a list. Lists solve everything Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #604 on: February 22, 2013 04:50:02 PM »

Belladune, we think alike. Had a girl call that missed the sale, and will give/sell more fabric when I'm off again. I already have a lot more space in the living room. If you guys need anything cheap or will pay the postage, just pm me. Especially paper crafters. LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #605 on: February 22, 2013 04:52:10 PM »

Ah! What pretty little faces!  They deserve such sweet dresses Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm taking a brake from craftsters. 
I will finish the swaps I'm in...promise Grin
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #606 on: February 23, 2013 02:14:50 AM »

Pretty little doll dresses Gaudiknight  Smiley
It took me longer to make a doll blouse than it did to make one for myself! I'm not good with little things  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #607 on: February 24, 2013 10:11:17 AM »

The doll dresses are sweet AD. I like the props in the dark hair doll's hand.

vampedangel14, that is a project I need to be working on myself. We have plenty of heavy weight, but no real light weight blankets.

JessKelly,hehe. I wish list cured everything. I'd be so perfect right now, I'd be living on Mount Olympus. Wink

lovesclutter, wow, that is a lot of records to destash.

For my news, I've used up another yard of fleece to make three more pair of socks. I have no idea why I have it or when it showed up.  Roll Eyes

I am coming by to say I most likely will be sporadic in updating for a while, even though I have been finishing up projects. Somehow I have the BING tool bar (from M****soft) and it is causing havoc. I've been trying to remove it for two hours now. So instead of being able to sew or paint or walk in the sunshine, I am saying 'to heck with it' and learning Linux.  Angry I'm really tired of always having to spend my crafting time fixing the comp.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

JessKelly
« Reply #608 on: February 24, 2013 10:57:18 PM »

As I work on a couple of projects that are taking a little too long to complete I thought I'd try something else to help reduce my stash. I invited my mum and sister over for a "Make Do and Mend" session; I laid out threads, ribbons, buttons, fabrics and books for inspiration and they each arrived with a few sewing projects they were working on. Unfortunately (perhaps fortunately?) I have a very polite family and they were hesitant to use my supplies! As a result the stash was reduced by a pretty insignificant amount; I practically had to pelt them with buttons and fabric as they walked out the door! If anyone else wants to do something along these lines in an effort to reduce their supplies I strongly suggest making up goody bags of supplies for them to take as a parting gift. But they made lots of progress on their projects, I received a peppermint plant and good company for the effort and you can't really ask for more than that Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #609 on: February 25, 2013 08:27:43 AM »

That is a great idea. I wish I had someone in real life who I could swap with.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Beauty Treatments Stocked in Your Kitchen
Beauty and the Blog: My Secret Beauty Weapon
Behind the Scenes: Binky London Makeup
How to Get Soft Pink Lips for a Glowing Complexion
Get a Natural Earth Tone Makeup Look for Fall
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...