A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Breaking News: What's with all of the SPAM on Craftster?  Click here to find out what happened!
Total Members: 307,148
Currently Running With Scissors:
520 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 139
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 234224 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Taramor
« Reply #590 on: February 21, 2013 06:30:12 AM »

I love this thread! Such a lot of positive and optimistic people. We may never give up. Great fabel about the red paperclip.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #591 on: February 21, 2013 07:52:35 AM »

I've seen new interviews with the paper clip house guy.  Part of the trade path led him through Vancouver, so the local news folks all did stories.  It was 5 or 6 years ago at this point I think...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People who have uncovered lifes twisted hoax find refuge in the irreverent, twisted and weird."

RuPaul in discussion with John Waters
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Make all the Things!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #592 on: February 21, 2013 09:29:01 AM »

I broke down under the stress of life and purchased yarn...no projects in mind...I thought I had the "shop under stress" thing under control...

Confessing here so I can move on and look for projects...Sad

THIS ROCKS   Logged

vampedangel14
Easily craftstracted!

« Reply #593 on: February 21, 2013 09:50:28 AM »

What a clever idea with those baby bibs. I should try something like that. I have a six month old nephew who I'm sure could use them.

The other day in the car between shopping trips, I made a short infinity scarf out of yarn I have had for three or more years. I only had two small balls of it, but I finally made something with them. I still have not uploaded the photo but I made it this past Sunday.

My yarn stash is slowly going down so now I have room for what I will be handspinning. I already have an idea on what I am going to do with the odds and ends from the yarns. I'd like a nice big and colorful blanket for my bed when it's too warm for the comforter but too cold without something a bit heavier.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ehinders
Crafting to avoid real work.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #594 on: February 21, 2013 11:28:21 AM »

Thanks for all the compliments. I think those hand towels in the dollar sections are so cute, but you can only have so many hand towels. Wink

vampedangel14: The bibs are pretty easy. I just cut a round hole by tracing around something. Then I just sew t-shirt ribbing from the fabric store around it. Done! My favorite bibs when my DD were little were these kind (they kept her the cleanest!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovesclutter

msassive stroke March 18 not right in the head.:(

« Reply #595 on: February 21, 2013 04:00:37 PM »

I love those baby bibs. Clever and useful.

I acutally destashed about 600 records today at an indoor yard sale, but I have plenty to craft with and now have about 4 boxes more space and money in my pocket. LOL

I sold a very large box of fabric for $5, yes, giveaway, pretty much, but that also freed up space. A few crafting supplies sold. I really hated having people in my messy space. Only one couple today that wasn't a gray hair like me. They saw my messy house and left without buying anything. :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Belladune
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #596 on: February 21, 2013 06:57:38 PM »

You know, if I came into an indoor yard sale at just about anyones house, if I saw a big box of anything crafty, i'd have been all over it, messy or not!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #597 on: February 22, 2013 03:19:47 PM »

Lovesclutter Give-away price or not, its a great feeling to make space and get a little money while doing it.  And it probably made someone else really, really happy.

I've got two little quick destash project from last night (Thursday seems to be my late-night sewing night, no idea why).  I actually finished the entire scrap of fabric with them, which makes me feel really proud, even if it was a small piece to begin with.  Nothing had to be put away at the end!

Juniper's New Dress by AluminumDryad, on Flickr

Pins by AluminumDryad, on Flickr
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013 07:08:29 AM by gaudiknight » THIS ROCKS   Logged

JessKelly
« Reply #598 on: February 22, 2013 03:42:56 PM »

Very nice tiny projects gaudiknight! I need to come up with more tiny projects; I keep small pieces of fabric thinking they will be useful but I don't actually come up with a use for them. I might have to write a list. Lists solve everything Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovesclutter

msassive stroke March 18 not right in the head.:(

« Reply #599 on: February 22, 2013 04:50:02 PM »

Belladune, we think alike. Had a girl call that missed the sale, and will give/sell more fabric when I'm off again. I already have a lot more space in the living room. If you guys need anything cheap or will pay the postage, just pm me. Especially paper crafters. LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 139 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Barbara Arrowsmith-Young on The Woman Who Changed Her Brain
The Painted Bridge Book Trailer
The Changeling Book Trailer
Russell Kane Introduces His Literary Novel, The Humorist
Dorothy Wickenden on Nothing Daunted
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Belted Chair Seat
Tute Tuesday: Rainbow Skirt
Who? Who Loves Owls?

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...