A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
578 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 143286 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #570 on: February 18, 2013 01:09:02 PM »

I just finished version #2 out of some awesome peacock fabric I got from the charity shop about a year ago, I'm phobic about birds but this is abstract enough to be "safe". I'm waiting (im)patiently for my pics to upload to the computer.
4 metres used in one day YAY!  Cheesy
what I really need is more pants though, I have a lot of tops but not much choice for my bottom half  Undecided
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013 01:23:14 PM by Kookaloo_Starr » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
cursive_queen
« Reply #571 on: February 18, 2013 01:35:21 PM »

Cute Kookaloo!  Both those tops would look lovely with  dark jeans I think
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #572 on: February 18, 2013 01:45:47 PM »

I have some lovely dark blue flared jeans cursive_queen  Smiley

I have about 5 pairs that are slightly too small for me too (given to me by my Mum) I read somewhere that when you make a skirt out of jeans it's best to use a pair that are slightly too small so I've been hanging on to them working myself up to having a go  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
JessKelly
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #573 on: February 18, 2013 05:04:22 PM »

Very nice crafts and stories of stash busting progress being posted; dulcet, I have to find that dress pattern because it's gorgeous and alwaysinmyroom it sounds like you have things under control! What organisational skills. I have to confess I did buy some fabric today but I no longer had any black fabric in my stash and I needed it to finish off a project made from stash materials. Also it was from the second hand store so with all of those excuses combined I think it's ok. Better to buy a little to help use up a lot of my stash than to buy nothing and have a pile of half made stash projects.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #574 on: February 19, 2013 01:39:41 AM »

I work for a promotion company, we promote Gothic, Industrial and EBM shows in the Northwest, one of the things I actually love doing is throwing after parties and hosting bands over night at our house.
 This weekend I hosted 5 people and actually enjoyed it as we now have the routine of set up down, same with throwing after parties, once you do it a few times you can breeze through one.
 We hate wasting stuff so we have been collecting reusable plastic dishes, cups, glasses and real silverware as we would rather wash than toss. One of my goals is to collect a bunch of plain shot glasses at thrift stores and glass paint the rims like blood.
Anyway the band bought a bottle of SKY vodka (nice stuff) and left me about half a pint because I had asked for the cobalt blue bottle thinking they would finish it. I don't drink much and I drank too much this weekend, which for me is less the entire weekend than most guests drank at the event/after party, and I really didn't need 8 short shots of vodka.
So of course I made 3 small spray bottles of vodka/essential oil air freshener out of it to take temptation out of the way
Anyway while it may not be very "Rocker" of me it was very "Craftster" and I can live with that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
Kookaloo_Starr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #575 on: February 19, 2013 01:42:55 AM »

Air freshener is so very rock n roll Trina'  Grin

JessKelly I can understand the need to buy a little to help you destash a lot  Smiley

I'm aiming for more sewing today  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in '14
Craftsunderground
« Reply #576 on: February 19, 2013 05:47:20 AM »

I need to get myself together and join this one. My stash isn't that large and my craftspace is fairly organized, but there is one area that is causing trouble. I have an abundance of one supply item that is taking up too much room. I am afraid I went on a supply binge a while ago and need to do some very specific stash busting. If I get rid of these particular supplies, I will have more storage room for the rest of my suppkles (and possibly a clear work space.)
I will try to get my pics done so that I can join. I also have a couple of organization ideas that I would like to share, so this will be motivation to do that as well.
I really like seeing everyone's craft areas and their ideas for organizing/working in them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teesha Moore inspired patches--anyone want to swap?
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #577 on: February 19, 2013 06:39:42 AM »

It's better than what I do JessKelly. I buy a lot to destash a little.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
scaramouche

Whedonist in heart and soul!

« Reply #578 on: February 19, 2013 11:45:01 AM »

Joining so I can destash a bit.

I have a closet full of fabric about 10 still unused patterns and a whole box of wool for felting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #579 on: February 19, 2013 07:21:58 PM »

Well, no choice on the destashing. I'm losing my house and will probably end up giving just about all of it away. I'm going to freecycle and see what I can do. I lost my job and now only work part time, so foreclosure is on the horizon. Just need to finish my swap with Kookie and then get on and get rid of all the 'stuff'. I would send it to you all, but can't afford to ship this tonnage. LOL, I will recover. I just need to whittle down to what I can fit in my truck. Sad times, but life goes on and I can always get more stash.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Water Seeks Own Level by Ellan Grossman
The Knots Sculpture by Robin Antar
The Milano Cookies Sculpture by Robin Antar
The Jean Jacket Sculpture by Robin Antar
The Pencil Sculpture by Robin Antar
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...