A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  Why party hats?  Today, we officially welcome our newest Moderators, lindyv321, pottermouth, PerfectlyBohemian, Mistress Jennie and LovelyMiss to the team!  If you see them on the boards, congratulate them!
Total Members: 305,632
Currently Running With Scissors:
398 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 139
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 237024 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Make all the Things!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #560 on: February 18, 2013 07:26:54 AM »

I am so happy for that link to organizing my knitting/crocheting!  I was able to get a lot done!

1. Recorded all crochet hooks and made of list of what sizes I need more of (I seem to use G and K a lot!)
2. Gathered all of my leftover yarn balls into two bins--acrylics and wools/handspun.....I put these in baskets by my fireplace so I can grab the basket and make a quick scrappy hat or two
3. Made 5 hats!!!
4. Put all of my sock yarns and supplies together in one tote
5. Organized all of my crochet and knitting books and magazines and patterns (most of them I threw out as I will never make some of the stuff I collected!)
6. Made a list of some of my stash...I have all of my yarn in 5 bins, separated by type...I have not gone through those yet, but I have my immediate supply handy and ready for projects!
7.  Ordered more yarn...earmarked for specific projects so not just more stash yarn!
8.  Cast on sock #2 of my crazy colorful sock!

Phew!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 18, 2013 08:02:09 AM »

I don't usually get much done over the weekend because I'm dealing with kids.  But I just decided Fri afternoon to make a dress, got started, and finished Sat night!  Wore it to church Sun, and started thinking about the next version as I lay in bed that night.

Full post here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=420515.0

And I'm so happy with the way the stripes lined up (total luck) and the way my first side zipper is nearly invisible.  Yea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have boxes of vintage piano music.  Some as old as 1890's!  PM me if you'd like some!

Thing-A-Day
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #562 on: February 18, 2013 09:30:13 AM »

Your dress is lovely Dulcet,well done  Smiley

I destashed around 2 metres of fabric into this fabulous top  Grin
I based it on a top I got from the charity shop on Friday, being a larger lady it's always exciting to find something funky in my size and the original was purple paisley so I didn't want to cut it up to make a pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #563 on: February 18, 2013 10:40:05 AM »

Both of you have made awesome clothing.

Dulcet that neck line is really neat.

K-star, tunics should be the answer to so many things in life. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cursive_queen
« Reply #564 on: February 18, 2013 10:48:12 AM »

meowari - congrats on the new job

Dulcet - cute dress!

Kookalo - cute top!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #565 on: February 18, 2013 01:09:02 PM »

I just finished version #2 out of some awesome peacock fabric I got from the charity shop about a year ago, I'm phobic about birds but this is abstract enough to be "safe". I'm waiting (im)patiently for my pics to upload to the computer.
4 metres used in one day YAY!  Cheesy
what I really need is more pants though, I have a lot of tops but not much choice for my bottom half  Undecided
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013 01:23:14 PM by Kookaloo_Starr » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
cursive_queen
« Reply #566 on: February 18, 2013 01:35:21 PM »

Cute Kookaloo!  Both those tops would look lovely with  dark jeans I think
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #567 on: February 18, 2013 01:45:47 PM »

I have some lovely dark blue flared jeans cursive_queen  Smiley

I have about 5 pairs that are slightly too small for me too (given to me by my Mum) I read somewhere that when you make a skirt out of jeans it's best to use a pair that are slightly too small so I've been hanging on to them working myself up to having a go  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in '14
50 in '15
JessKelly
« Reply #568 on: February 18, 2013 05:04:22 PM »

Very nice crafts and stories of stash busting progress being posted; dulcet, I have to find that dress pattern because it's gorgeous and alwaysinmyroom it sounds like you have things under control! What organisational skills. I have to confess I did buy some fabric today but I no longer had any black fabric in my stash and I needed it to finish off a project made from stash materials. Also it was from the second hand store so with all of those excuses combined I think it's ok. Better to buy a little to help use up a lot of my stash than to buy nothing and have a pile of half made stash projects.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #569 on: February 19, 2013 01:39:41 AM »

I work for a promotion company, we promote Gothic, Industrial and EBM shows in the Northwest, one of the things I actually love doing is throwing after parties and hosting bands over night at our house.
 This weekend I hosted 5 people and actually enjoyed it as we now have the routine of set up down, same with throwing after parties, once you do it a few times you can breeze through one.
 We hate wasting stuff so we have been collecting reusable plastic dishes, cups, glasses and real silverware as we would rather wash than toss. One of my goals is to collect a bunch of plain shot glasses at thrift stores and glass paint the rims like blood.
Anyway the band bought a bottle of SKY vodka (nice stuff) and left me about half a pint because I had asked for the cobalt blue bottle thinking they would finish it. I don't drink much and I drank too much this weekend, which for me is less the entire weekend than most guests drank at the event/after party, and I really didn't need 8 short shots of vodka.
So of course I made 3 small spray bottles of vodka/essential oil air freshener out of it to take temptation out of the way
Anyway while it may not be very "Rocker" of me it was very "Craftster" and I can live with that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://trinaxxl.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2015 ... 1/50  (Individual items finished 2)
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=437212.msg5274970#msg5274970
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 139 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Barbecue Shrimp With Maze Jackson in Chicago, IL
6 Tips For Grilling Perfect Burgers: Labor Day Cooking Essentials
Recipe Twist: BBLT Sandwich
The Secret to Perfect Buffalo Wings
What Your Chicago-Style Hot Dog is Missing
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Painted Background
Easy Summer Salads
Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...