A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,612
Currently Running With Scissors:
717 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 143768 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #560 on: February 17, 2013 03:49:42 AM »

Kookaloo, I love your hats. Are you interested in swapping?

PM me and we'll talk about it Smiley

I have a huge piece of turquoise/pink batik butterfly fabric that I want to make into something wearable. When killing time on Friday I nipped into one of our charity shops and found a wonderful purple paisley smock/tunic and it was my size too  Cheesy I'm trying to make a pattern from it to use my turq. batik & some pretty pink ribbon to trim around the neckline. I measured my ribbon against the original garment and I should just have enough  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #561 on: February 17, 2013 04:34:20 AM »

Everyone loved the art room turned lounge and the band I hosted was impressed by how comfortable everything was in there and were able to sleep well, also the party went amazingly well considering it started at 1:40am after the show they preformed in and went til 5:30am and because of rain we couldn't have fire in the fire pit out back.
I made a few huge crockpot lasagnas, a chicken and brown rice dish and lots of bread. Lots of leftovers but everyone ate their fill and loved it!
I has definitely been worth the extra effort to make the art room adjustable and much of the storage portable, I don't think I would have done as well without this list, now I just need to finish the last of the sorting but some of that may have to wait til warmer weather since the garage is not well insulated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
gaudiknight
« Reply #562 on: February 17, 2013 05:40:07 PM »

What do you do when you can't sleep at 1AM on a Thursday evening?  Go through your FQ stash and make a tiny tote, apparently.

Fat Quarter Bag by AluminumDryad, on Flickr

This size is an old stand by of mine for "I have no idea what to do with this" fabric.  They're perfect for one skein projects, lunch, impromptu purses, or gift bags.  I'll probably be making quite a few more to work through the not-quite-my-style fabric to give to my mother, because she rather likes them too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #563 on: February 18, 2013 12:52:49 AM »

I like the little tote bag Gaudiknight,my insomnia go-to projects (unsurprisingly) are hats  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
meowari
« Reply #564 on: February 18, 2013 04:46:17 AM »

Unfortunately for my destashing, but fortunately for me, I got a new job! I went to Jo-Ann Fabrics the other day to buy a pattern for scrubs (new job is in a hospital) because they were 5/$5 and also to buy two clips to fix some dog harnesses for my old job (another case of "I know I have some, but had to buy more because I couldn't find them in my stash"). I wound up buying a dress pattern and a pattern for vintage baby clothes for my cousin who is expecting. Not horrible, but still, I should have been stronger...
I've been trying to use up the same skein of cotton yarn and have made a few more scrubbies and have been practicing my circles, but have ripped apart almost all of them. Even watching on youtube, I can't quite "get" new stitches Tongue
Everyone seems to be making good progress, organising their craft rooms and getting stuff done! I haven't seen one thing that anyone has posted that I don't like!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #565 on: February 18, 2013 07:26:54 AM »

I am so happy for that link to organizing my knitting/crocheting!  I was able to get a lot done!

1. Recorded all crochet hooks and made of list of what sizes I need more of (I seem to use G and K a lot!)
2. Gathered all of my leftover yarn balls into two bins--acrylics and wools/handspun.....I put these in baskets by my fireplace so I can grab the basket and make a quick scrappy hat or two
3. Made 5 hats!!!
4. Put all of my sock yarns and supplies together in one tote
5. Organized all of my crochet and knitting books and magazines and patterns (most of them I threw out as I will never make some of the stuff I collected!)
6. Made a list of some of my stash...I have all of my yarn in 5 bins, separated by type...I have not gone through those yet, but I have my immediate supply handy and ready for projects!
7.  Ordered more yarn...earmarked for specific projects so not just more stash yarn!
8.  Cast on sock #2 of my crazy colorful sock!

Phew!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 18, 2013 08:02:09 AM »

I don't usually get much done over the weekend because I'm dealing with kids.  But I just decided Fri afternoon to make a dress, got started, and finished Sat night!  Wore it to church Sun, and started thinking about the next version as I lay in bed that night.

Full post here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=420515.0

And I'm so happy with the way the stripes lined up (total luck) and the way my first side zipper is nearly invisible.  Yea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scholars and artists...differ most importantly in the way their knowledge is come by.  Scholars get theirs with conscientious thoroughness along projected lines of logic; poets...stick to nothing deliberately, but let what will stick to them like burrs where they walk in the fields.
  -Robert Frost
Kookaloo_Starr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #567 on: February 18, 2013 09:30:13 AM »

Your dress is lovely Dulcet,well done  Smiley

I destashed around 2 metres of fabric into this fabulous top  Grin
I based it on a top I got from the charity shop on Friday, being a larger lady it's always exciting to find something funky in my size and the original was purple paisley so I didn't want to cut it up to make a pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in '14
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #568 on: February 18, 2013 10:40:05 AM »

Both of you have made awesome clothing.

Dulcet that neck line is really neat.

K-star, tunics should be the answer to so many things in life. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cursive_queen
« Reply #569 on: February 18, 2013 10:48:12 AM »

meowari - congrats on the new job

Dulcet - cute dress!

Kookalo - cute top!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Celebrity Stylist Brad Goreski Shares His Holiday Fashion Tips
Reese Witherspoon Proves the Power of Black and White
Gwen Stefani Gets Festive in Red
3 Ways to Rock 1 Chic Pair of Tuxedo Pants
Top Five Winter Holiday Nail Trends
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...