A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 305,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
499 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 139
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 241658 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

silk81
« Reply #550 on: February 16, 2013 05:44:09 AM »

Kookaloo, I love your hats. Are you interested in swapping?

I really don't get a lot of destashing done for the moment.

Building bunkbeds for the kids doesn't exactly require fabric Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wish my lipstick was a little more ... HALLUCINOGENIC!

Join the Boy Clothes Sewalong
MADsLucky13
Michele (aka MAD)

"Create or Die"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #551 on: February 16, 2013 06:45:35 AM »

JessKelly: Ooooooooooooooh, I LOVE your Mum's pillow...GREAT job...She's gonna FLIP!  Is the red section chenille?  Looks like it has alot of texture.

I have my snowmen on ALL FOUR WALLS of the workspace and actually this shot was taken over a year ago so there's MORE craft bins and MORE snowmen!   Shocked

Taramor: THANK YOU...The space only "looks" organized because the pic was taken during the holidays and I have alot of friends over...lol!  Any other time of the year it's a WAR ZONE!   Wink

Here's a shot of my last finished project...I was able to use up vintage valentine scrap that I was holding on to for at least two years!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Aim high and you won't shoot your foot off."
-Phyllis Diller
jfer007
« Reply #552 on: February 16, 2013 07:02:44 AM »

I haven't really done much this month, but I did manage to use two skeins of ruffle yarn to give to a co-worker!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

misskohaku
« Reply #553 on: February 16, 2013 03:12:32 PM »

Everyone's progress is so inspiring! My rehearsal schedule finally got a little lighter, so yesterday I was able to rearrange my room and give my self a larger crafting area! Everything's still a mess from moving everything, but hopefully today and tomorrow I can get everything organized. While moving things around, I also found my camera! I can finally take pics of my slow stash busting! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JessKelly
« Reply #554 on: February 16, 2013 06:58:39 PM »

Kookaloo_Starr, that hat looks like it is flawlessly made!

Thanks MADsLucky13. The red section is very textured you're absolutely right, but the light kind of washed out the detail of the fabric. It's an upholstery fabric, kind of like a silky woven carpet.  Seems that holding onto the vintage valentine scrap of yours for all that time paid off, you've given it new life Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #555 on: February 17, 2013 03:49:42 AM »

Kookaloo, I love your hats. Are you interested in swapping?

PM me and we'll talk about it Smiley

I have a huge piece of turquoise/pink batik butterfly fabric that I want to make into something wearable. When killing time on Friday I nipped into one of our charity shops and found a wonderful purple paisley smock/tunic and it was my size too  Cheesy I'm trying to make a pattern from it to use my turq. batik & some pretty pink ribbon to trim around the neckline. I measured my ribbon against the original garment and I should just have enough  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #556 on: February 17, 2013 04:34:20 AM »

Everyone loved the art room turned lounge and the band I hosted was impressed by how comfortable everything was in there and were able to sleep well, also the party went amazingly well considering it started at 1:40am after the show they preformed in and went til 5:30am and because of rain we couldn't have fire in the fire pit out back.
I made a few huge crockpot lasagnas, a chicken and brown rice dish and lots of bread. Lots of leftovers but everyone ate their fill and loved it!
I has definitely been worth the extra effort to make the art room adjustable and much of the storage portable, I don't think I would have done as well without this list, now I just need to finish the last of the sorting but some of that may have to wait til warmer weather since the garage is not well insulated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://trinaxxl.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2015 ... 1/50  (Individual items finished 2)
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=437212.msg5274970#msg5274970
gaudiknight
« Reply #557 on: February 17, 2013 05:40:07 PM »

What do you do when you can't sleep at 1AM on a Thursday evening?  Go through your FQ stash and make a tiny tote, apparently.

Fat Quarter Bag by AluminumDryad, on Flickr

This size is an old stand by of mine for "I have no idea what to do with this" fabric.  They're perfect for one skein projects, lunch, impromptu purses, or gift bags.  I'll probably be making quite a few more to work through the not-quite-my-style fabric to give to my mother, because she rather likes them too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #558 on: February 18, 2013 12:52:49 AM »

I like the little tote bag Gaudiknight,my insomnia go-to projects (unsurprisingly) are hats  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
meowari
« Reply #559 on: February 18, 2013 04:46:17 AM »

Unfortunately for my destashing, but fortunately for me, I got a new job! I went to Jo-Ann Fabrics the other day to buy a pattern for scrubs (new job is in a hospital) because they were 5/$5 and also to buy two clips to fix some dog harnesses for my old job (another case of "I know I have some, but had to buy more because I couldn't find them in my stash"). I wound up buying a dress pattern and a pattern for vintage baby clothes for my cousin who is expecting. Not horrible, but still, I should have been stronger...
I've been trying to use up the same skein of cotton yarn and have made a few more scrubbies and have been practicing my circles, but have ripped apart almost all of them. Even watching on youtube, I can't quite "get" new stitches Tongue
Everyone seems to be making good progress, organising their craft rooms and getting stuff done! I haven't seen one thing that anyone has posted that I don't like!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 139 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Designing a chair, first sketch
Designing a chair, 3D sketch
الإعلان الترويجي لفيلم فان جوخ يحقق ٩ مليون مشاهدة
أعمال فنية صُممت ببرامج تقنية الأبعاد الثلاثية
TEST
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Painted Patriotic Table
Craft Challenge #114 - Pick It and Craft It!
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Paper Stars

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...