A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,491
Currently Running With Scissors:
561 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 150044 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #530 on: February 13, 2013 10:05:17 PM »

The art room is 2/3rds done, the rest is in the garage but we are having guests stay this weekend and hosting an after party for one of the shows the promotion company I work for is putting on so I will start bringing at least 1 box a week into the house on Monday.
I have the room clean and set up with a lot of storage space, and rolling carts, the entire room is based around us being able to convert it in a very short time into a lounge during parties and a place for guests to crash.
Friday is the first test of this and tomorrow I will take photos of how it is now and Friday morning we will time ourselves from start to finish on how long it takes to take it apart and set it up then time it again Sunday night when we set it back up for my art room, many pics will be taken. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #531 on: February 14, 2013 12:48:47 AM »

JessKelly you'll soon reach 10 posts and when you do I look forward to seeing your stash  Cheesy

I've not been crafty this week,I'm on day 3 of a training course and though I did have a project to work on in my bag I didn't actually get round to working on it  Roll Eyes too busy being sociable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #532 on: February 14, 2013 06:01:18 AM »

The art room is 2/3rds done, the rest is in the garage but we are having guests stay this weekend and hosting an after party for one of the shows the promotion company I work for is putting on so I will start bringing at least 1 box a week into the house on Monday.

Sorry, I am a bit confused. Are you bringing more crating items into your house? Or is this storage?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #533 on: February 14, 2013 07:35:40 AM »

Made 5 coiled fabric bowls--used probably a total of 1/2 yd of various fabric pieces...

Made 5 zippered pouches using up some of my vintage kimono scraps...

Feels like I destashed NOTHING, but got some cool swap projects out! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
ehinders
Crafting to avoid real work.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #534 on: February 14, 2013 08:33:15 AM »

I made progress on my stash organizing on Monday when we had a snow day. Although, looking at the pictures, I'm not sure it translates! Wink

the before photos are here.

bascially, everything is now sorted into piles of like stuff, the floor got completely cleared off, a rug rolled out and totes of stuff to put away moved in. Now I have to go through each pile of like items, sort out stuff to give away, throw, and save. Then I need to decide where to put everything away neatly! whew! still got a long way to go!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #535 on: February 14, 2013 08:37:57 AM »

You are making great progress!  A little at a time is certainly less overwhelming!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
cursive_queen
« Reply #536 on: February 14, 2013 10:44:48 AM »

welcome Jesskelly

Good luck this weekend on your trial run Trina. 

Great job on making some progress ehinders

I have some storage units that I'll get to pick up this weekend to better sort my fabric scraps, that should really help me organize my crafting space.  I worked some with stash this weekend, but didn't have enough/the right kind of fabric to finish the quilt I was working on.  Picked up another quilt that is all stash... and it gave me fits, so I sort of just stopped for the moment.
Good thing is, so far all the fabric I bought in January is in states of use, so it's not just sitting around being pretty but un-used, it's all destined for specific projects that are currently in progress, and there are plans for some of the scraps too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gaudiknight
« Reply #537 on: February 14, 2013 02:21:59 PM »

Love seeing/hearing about the progress folks are making with their crafting areas.  My goal for this month is to convert my old desk nook in my bedroom into a paper-crafting area.  I've tried it for sewing and it just doesn't work, but maybe paper will be better.

I've also gone on a supply buying haitus until the end of March.  I didn't buy all that much before, but I'm putting a complete quash on it now - not even for thread or interfacing or other project specific things that I don't usually consider stash.  Wish me luck!

Also! - I found the 31 Days to Get Organized on the Webs Yarn Store Blog while wandering the internet recently and thought I'd link here in case anyone else was staring at their knitting & crochet supplies in befuddlement like I am.  I'm slowly working my way through the posts and they look pretty good.

Oh! And an actual project - Doll Hat out of sock yarn.

IMG_3501 by AluminumDryad, on Flickr

THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #538 on: February 14, 2013 05:19:14 PM »

Awesome link!  I have found so many good ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
JessKelly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #539 on: February 14, 2013 07:06:47 PM »

ehinders: I honestly can see the progress, keep up the good work!

alwaysinmyroom: Zippered pouches are very practical (I use them for lots of things) and in this case very beautiful as well Smiley

Kookaloo_Starr: You're right about the ten posts, hopefully my disgraceful before stash picture can be posted next to a picture of it all organised.

I got another pair of eyes in to help me. I felt like for what I had there was no way there was enough space to store it in an organised and accessible manner. Visions ran through my head of having to get rid of everything (a complete waste) or having to buy more shelving (not ideal). Luckily my boyfriend took note of the "oh the despair" expression on my face and offered a few helpful suggestions. Sometimes all it takes is a fresh pair of eyes and you start seeing optons you hadn't thought were there. Now I'm putting the same sized stash into a smaller storage area and somehow it feels like I have more room.

Not long now and I can get some crafting done!

« Last Edit: February 14, 2013 07:07:38 PM by JessKelly » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Interlocking Poses for Deep Stretches
The Magic of Puppetry
How to make a Chocolate Vodka Martini
How to Audition
INVADER- Rubix Cubism- Indoor- Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...