A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 307,591
Currently Running With Scissors:
382 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 136
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 260638 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #460 on: February 06, 2013 05:07:56 AM »

I work at a church as a Children's Director and everyone always brings me crayons. Soooo - Here's what I worked on today - 300 crayons to send to the kiddos at my church for Valentine's Day!
I never want broken crayons again!

I...I...I don't think I could ever do that. My brain would be melted into the shape of a tiny heart I think.

Congrats on finishing all of that hard work.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

texscrapper
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #461 on: February 06, 2013 05:13:08 AM »

LOL - the melt and pour is the easy part - it's removing all those wrappers from all those crayons that drove me insane!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whatthepuck
« Reply #462 on: February 06, 2013 06:22:40 AM »

300?!?! I wonder how many broken crayons Little Bean has. How did you melt them? Stove top?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #463 on: February 06, 2013 07:20:12 AM »

'kaBlewiyiey1!!1!'

Ok guys, tell me I can sooo let go of a skein of yarn (even though I can not afford to buy any more this year) that just annoys me each and every time I look at it for the last several months.  Angry

This yarn is fine, good yarn but it is a baby yarn in weight and coloring. I can not see me using this stuff in a million years and I just want it out of my life now.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #464 on: February 06, 2013 07:37:07 AM »

Let it go--I have a fuzzy rainbow huge skein of yarn that I keep passing over--it is time to let it go, too! Cheesy

ehinders--love your use of your plaid fabric...I am not a huge fan of plaid, but I love the scarf...I think because your plaids are soft, pastels...mine are ugly woodsmen dingy looking plaids...maybe it is time to let those go as well...

k-star--I will be missing your daily hat report... Cheesy  You have churned out a few...

omg--so many crayons...do they not make crayons without wrappers?  Next time I go to the Crayola factory, I am going to ask!  What a good cause, though..the kids will love the hearts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ehinders
Crafting to avoid real work.

« Reply #465 on: February 06, 2013 07:39:09 AM »

rottenlittleboys- It's perfectly okay to get rid of it. I've been hanging on to so much stuff because, "I might use it someday." even though I don' like the color or in some cases, it's ugly. I have decided I need to stop hoarding and start giving away. I start with my mom and crafty friends. Then, if none of them want it, I give it to one of the local thrift stores. (Of course, saying all this is easier than actually doing it...)  Tongue

AIMR-thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vampedangel14
Easily craftstracted!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #466 on: February 06, 2013 07:40:08 AM »

My mother works at the business office for a school and I'm giving her all of my clay to bring in to work to donate to the art class. that way I don't have to feel bad about just throwing it away (most hasn't even been opened!) and I free up lots of space. All of it filled a medium sized flat rate shipping box. I bought the clay a few years ago off of Ebay for about $20. I have decided that I just don't do enough with clay (or anything at all really) so I want it gone. A couple months ago I did buy some paper clay but that is for when I do mods and props for the dolls that I collect. So I only have that one block of clay as opposed to a huge box full.

My mother also destashed six skeins of yarn for me. She crocheted a scarf and is donating it like I do with the scarves I make. ^.^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

texscrapper

« Reply #467 on: February 06, 2013 08:19:24 AM »

300?!?! I wonder how many broken crayons Little Bean has. How did you melt them? Stove top?

It took 3 gallon sized bags of bits and pieces to make these  Shocked
I melt them in the oven in a throwaway aluminum cinnamon roll pan. Heat at 275 until melted. Pour into silicone molds. Once you use a mold for crayons don't use it for food! I find shaped molds in the Target Dollar spot and at the Dollar Tree.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

« Reply #468 on: February 06, 2013 11:27:04 AM »

Inspirational CLM!  I hope to get my space into this kind of shape....though I need a special area just for the crafty bits you've sent me in the past Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People who have uncovered lifes twisted hoax find refuge in the irreverent, twisted and weird."

RuPaul in discussion With John Waters
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #469 on: February 06, 2013 12:09:55 PM »

OOooh those colour coordinated and very tidy beads.... be still my beating heart!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 136 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Hot/Cold Rice Packs
Tute Tuesday: Tea Wallet
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Personalized Pet Collar

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...