A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 299,125
Currently Running With Scissors:
623 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 159673 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #410 on: February 01, 2013 07:47:35 AM »

Thanks everyone. I'm not even going to post how much I spent in January. It's kind of scary. I hope to make up for it this month though. Avoiding fabric stores should help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
gaudiknight
« Reply #411 on: February 01, 2013 11:19:09 AM »

February Themes

A Little Love FREE Creative Commons Pink Heart by Pink Sherbet Photography, on Flickr
Photo by D. Sharon Pruitt

Color:  pink
Pattern: swirls
For: organizing
Challenge 1:  Now that you've located and looked at your stash, you might be ready to get it some kind of order.  Untangle your yarn, sort your seed beads, and generally make sure you can find things in your stash easily so that you can use them.  If that's too daunting, you could just clear off your crafting surface so you're ready for your next project.  Whatever makes the most sense for you.  And if you're brave enough to post pictures, we would love to see them.
Challenge 2: Finish the oldest UFO (unfinished object) you can still find.

Note: Themes and challenges for the year are posted up on the first page, but I thought it might be helpful to have them in the thread itself as well, just as a reminder.  And as always, these are inspiration, not rules.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #412 on: February 01, 2013 12:41:36 PM »

A swap package all made from stash   Grin
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013 07:08:03 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #413 on: February 02, 2013 11:09:39 AM »

Thanks for re-posting the monthly theme and challenges. I was just about to flip back to the start of the thread to see what February was.

I spent a few hours on Thursday sorting through a shelf of paper stuff. It was triggered when I picked up a discarded metal paper rack from the garbage room at work the other day, and had to clear some shelf space for it. That meant tackling the ever-exploding pile of paper, books, projects and other materials that occupied the shelf. I already had two paper racks there, but one wasn't used very well and the other completely buried. There was also a pile of stuff in front of the shelves that made it hard to get to anything on the lower two shelves!

So that's mostly done. I still don't have a very good system for it, but the paper is mostly all sorted by colour, type, etc. The new rack is quite good, and I wish I had another one, but I've realized one of the original two is really not very useful. I think I'll replace with something else.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #414 on: February 02, 2013 11:28:05 AM »

I've run into a problem since this destash has begun. And I bet it is one others of you have run into also.

While destashing can be great fun, I love the challenge to find projects I want to make that will work with the materials that I have, this clearing seems to be spreading to other parts of the house.  Undecided

Now I see that pile of books I really need to finish writing in my journal so I can donate them, the 'stuff' in the corner that I really need to find a new home for, either here or some where else.

And that is eating into my actual crafting time.   Shocked

But I bet I will be so well organized, both in the crafting realm and this other realm known as 'real life' by the end of this year!

Oh, did find another 1.5 yards of yellow fleece. No idea why I have it or when I bought it.  Roll Eyes I just know I can now make more socks for sonny boy without spending money.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #415 on: February 02, 2013 12:29:18 PM »

I fell off the wagon before I completely got on.  oops.  I`m buyin 3lbs of raw wool... I`ve lost my marbles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #416 on: February 02, 2013 01:34:41 PM »

I spent a grand total of ZERO POUNDS in January  Smiley and have been destashing yarn oddments into hats, here's another Divine  Roll Eyes

Oh and I just realised I managed to be on theme for Feb <3
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013 01:36:05 PM by Kookaloo_Starr » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 02, 2013 09:30:59 PM »

I've finished two more UFO's.  Both of these were started in December, but it's good to get them out of the way.

First is the dress for my DD that I started as a Christmas dress.  All the materials, including the zipper, were given to me.  I had started, and asked her to try on the bodice to check the fit.  She basically let me know that I have no clue what teenagers wear these days.  (She is sooo 13!)  So I decided not to waste my time on something she wouldn't wear.  Now you can probably guess what happened when I finally did finish it.  She said it was so cute and asked who it was for!

I also finished the dress that I promised my sister for Christmas.  It's from a vintage pattern I bought at a thrift store, and made from fabric my Grandma-IL gave me.  My DD is modeling it here.  I should definitely get better photos when my sister comes to pick it up.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have boxes of vintage piano music.  Some as old as 1890's!  PM me if you'd like some!
carolmb

50 Projects 2014 List total 9/24

Making things, makes life happy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #418 on: February 03, 2013 02:48:54 AM »

Greetings Everyone,

I hope the month has begun great and filled with lots of ideas for you all. I know mine has so many wonderful projects on the list!!

Seeing how this month is about getting things in order. I figured would be a good time to get the beading corner done.  *signs* Time to stop putting it off. To go through the bins and box and sort it all out. Keep what I will use and  give away what I know I will not. Like plastic beads, and shape beads and so forth. Lots of which were passed on to me from others and I simply kept thinking I might use at some point. I am sure the local kiddo art center might be able to use them, or perhaps some other after school center, will look into that this week.

I am also looking into how to make  own design wall for quilts. I have a large bit of felt in a box from somewhere. Not even sure where it came from. But I am thinking if I stretched it across the wall behind the sewing area it could work.

Am off to see what damage I can do while this bug to get things in order is once again up on me.

well and wonderment
carol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Taramor
« Reply #419 on: February 03, 2013 03:03:00 AM »

It is a lovely dress you made for your daughter, dulcet. As are the other costumes, you have been making through the years - your daughter are so lucky having such a talented mother.
  I love all the projects made, but the thread moves so fast, I can't comment on them all.
  I'm working from stash, and have spent no money on crafting in January. At the moment I'm working on a quilt for my niece, and I might have to by fabrick for the backside - but the rest, even the batting, is from stash.
  Great theme for February - organizing - so hard - but maybee I could just do a little bit...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Prom Hairstyles
How to Straighten Black Hair
How to Take Out a Dreadlock
How to Do Kinky Twist Braids
How to Keep Long Hair Tangle Free
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...