A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October 5th News Announcement:  New Featured Projects posted!  Congratulate these artists for being selected!
Total Members: 308,421
Currently Running With Scissors:
307 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 136
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 254097 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #400 on: January 31, 2013 03:58:44 PM »

Great quilts meleriffic! Especially love the pink one. 
Kookaloo_Starr another great hat!

« Reply #401 on: January 31, 2013 04:02:28 PM »

craftylittlemonkey-Way to stick to your filing project!  I had to organize my scrapbook digi files a few months ago and it was all I did for 3 days.  My husband would come home from work, ask what I did and thought I must be dang slow if that project took me all day for 3 days.  But organizing ones computer,  can be an absolute beast.
Stick to it!

« Reply #402 on: January 31, 2013 07:08:34 PM »

Awesome projects ya'll!  I'm really enjoying the pictures.

Sorry I've been AWOL for a while.  I was traveling, and had a major computer meltdown, but I have re-united with the stash, so crafting can continue.

I got a little bit of DeStashing done while I was gone - finishing up an old WIP

19/365 Staghorn Cables by AluminumDryad, on Flickr

And I finally got around to photographing my stash!

(I'd like to get it down to just two containers - not picky about which two, but the tote is staying because its really useful)

Crochet Thread

(Since I don't actually do thread crochet it really needs to be pared down.  I've been using it for bookbinding projects, but I definitely don't need to keep this much on hand)

(The dresser is chockablock full, but the drawers are actually pretty small.  There's a lot of fabric scattered around the house that didn't make it into this shot, so working through that is my first goal.  Then I can work on emptying a few drawers.)

(My paper stash actually makes me really happy.  I just wish I had more opportunities to use it.)

Not pictured - my button stash which can be measured in gallons.  But that's not a stash, that's a collection, right?  At least that's how I justify it to myself.

And while I was gathering all the stash up to photograph, I did some weeding.  Here's what got taken to the goodwill:

And by Goodwill I mean a thrift store that's run by Mennonites and has an awesome craft section.  I feel like there's a pretty good chance it will go to someone who will use it.

« Reply #403 on: February 01, 2013 06:38:07 AM »

plaidpineapple, I love your wreath. I wish I had a stash of Valentine's fabric so I could make one.

melerrific, those pink and black quilts are beautiful.

gauldiknight, I love the mitts. Gorgeous color.

I'm proud to say I only spent $1.05 on craft supplies in January. While I was standing in line I remembered that I was destashing and shouldn't buy it. I was too lazy to walk to the back of the store and put it back. I bought it anyway.

Etsy ~ Pintrest

Mini 13 Days of Halloween
« Reply #404 on: February 01, 2013 06:44:20 AM »

gaudiknight Gorgeous gloves.  I love the color and the cabling is beautiful.

Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #405 on: February 01, 2013 07:26:03 AM »

Mel--your pink quilt is just lovely...I do understand about having to buy fabrics to finish off what you already have in your stash...I have about 10 quilts that need lots of fabric to finish the backs, but nothing in my stash seems to fit... Sad

K-star--love that color chenille!

gaudiknight--what pattern are your mitts!?  They are gorgeous and long!

I think your stash is well under control, gaudiknight....it looks very manageable and organized to me! 

Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #406 on: February 01, 2013 07:47:35 AM »

Thanks everyone. I'm not even going to post how much I spent in January. It's kind of scary. I hope to make up for it this month though. Avoiding fabric stores should help.
« Reply #407 on: February 01, 2013 11:19:09 AM »

February Themes

A Little Love FREE Creative Commons Pink Heart by Pink Sherbet Photography, on Flickr
Photo by D. Sharon Pruitt

Color:  pink
Pattern: swirls
For: organizing
Challenge 1:  Now that you've located and looked at your stash, you might be ready to get it some kind of order.  Untangle your yarn, sort your seed beads, and generally make sure you can find things in your stash easily so that you can use them.  If that's too daunting, you could just clear off your crafting surface so you're ready for your next project.  Whatever makes the most sense for you.  And if you're brave enough to post pictures, we would love to see them.
Challenge 2: Finish the oldest UFO (unfinished object) you can still find.

Note: Themes and challenges for the year are posted up on the first page, but I thought it might be helpful to have them in the thread itself as well, just as a reminder.  And as always, these are inspiration, not rules.

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #408 on: February 01, 2013 12:41:36 PM »

A swap package all made from stash   Grin
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013 07:08:03 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #409 on: February 02, 2013 11:09:39 AM »

Thanks for re-posting the monthly theme and challenges. I was just about to flip back to the start of the thread to see what February was.

I spent a few hours on Thursday sorting through a shelf of paper stuff. It was triggered when I picked up a discarded metal paper rack from the garbage room at work the other day, and had to clear some shelf space for it. That meant tackling the ever-exploding pile of paper, books, projects and other materials that occupied the shelf. I already had two paper racks there, but one wasn't used very well and the other completely buried. There was also a pile of stuff in front of the shelves that made it hard to get to anything on the lower two shelves!

So that's mostly done. I still don't have a very good system for it, but the paper is mostly all sorted by colour, type, etc. The new rack is quite good, and I wish I had another one, but I've realized one of the original two is really not very useful. I think I'll replace with something else.

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 136 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Roasted Acorn Squash Gnocchi
@Home This Weekend: Mermaid Tail Blanket
October 19, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...