A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,109
Currently Running With Scissors:
783 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 133622 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

carolmb
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

50 Projects 2014 List total 0/24

Making things, makes life happy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #390 on: January 30, 2013 10:13:48 AM »

Okay fall off the wagon.  HARD.

I wanted to finish up a couple of quilts. So i ordered some fabric in order to do so. Just did not have the back ground in my stash. *sighs* then since I was already shopping I went ahead and became a friend to craftsers here something I had been wanting to do for a while. Then as if that was not enough. I went and got some new paints. Well they were on sale and I had to throw out some due to they were dry and not use able, daughter has a project something up for school is the reason I gave myself for the purchase.

Ohh well I can tell myself is my MAD moment for the next 6mths..yes...oh..no more MAD MOMMA moments till the holidays...okay...j ust keep chanting that to myself

well and wonderment

THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #391 on: January 30, 2013 01:42:46 PM »

I'm still in the cleaning & organizing (or rather avoiding cleaning & organizing) stage, but thanks to DH I can see most of the room's floor again by now. Let's see what tomorrow will bring. At least I didn't buy any supplies so far. Didn't go anywhere crafty, so that was easy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more.  I shall have to throw out a wing soon." Jerome K. Jerome

http://pinterest.com/annawahnsinn
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #392 on: January 30, 2013 04:04:09 PM »

Sigh....I have yet to begin organizing. It's just so overwhelming. But I will! I'm making swap items, and so far I've only needed a couple of things from the Dollar Store to go with what's in my stash. I'm glad now I signed up for a couple of swaps-I was in a rut, and being in a fun swap has forced me to start crafting and quit procrastinating.  Cheesy
Still making trips to the thrift store, but it's just to paw through the pictures. When I'm lucky I find ones I can use for shadowboxes, at a fraction of the price of buying them new from the craft store. And often they're far nicer and more unique! And I want to get as many steampunked rayguns done as I can before the scifi con in early April.
I've taken to buying small tubes of E600 glue at Dollar General, even though it's a little more. If I go into a craft store or art supply store for it, to get the bigger tube at the better price, it's too tempting. I don't save any money because I will find something else to buy, and I'm staying away from temptation!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code craftster,10%
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #393 on: January 30, 2013 05:07:13 PM »

Dulcet, I love the idea of Frederick Douglass as a happy lime-green lion! Cheesy I also think its funny that he sat around for a year without limbs. Maybe we should each post an inventory of our WIPs, to try to shame ourselves into finishing more of them! Embarrassed

Can someone explain about Vanna White yarn? Vanna has her own line of yarn? Why?

I'm still at the organizing stage, but have made a few tiny breakthroughs. Not big enough to show up in a photo yet, but eventually they'll coalesce into something you can actually see!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meowari
« Reply #394 on: January 31, 2013 03:24:43 AM »

Can someone explain about Vanna White yarn? Vanna has her own line of yarn? Why?
She is an avid crocheter, I believe. Even though she's a fellow South Carolinian and I would love to support her, I don't really like her yarn. It feels extra scratchy to me. If I'm gonna buy cheap acrylic yarn (which I mostly do), I buy Caron or I Love This Yarn. I still love Vanna herself, though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #395 on: January 31, 2013 05:08:49 AM »

Another hat to use up those oddments that are haunting me  Smiley As usual there wasn't enough to complete the hat so I did the rib in plain grey.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #396 on: January 31, 2013 06:53:01 AM »

That hat looks great Kookaloo_Starr. I like that the band on the bottom is a solid color.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #397 on: January 31, 2013 07:42:39 AM »

Vanna White is definitely a queen of the afghans...I believe she also contributes many of her afghans to charity for auctions to raise money for various causes.  Her yarn is inexpensive and practical for a lot of people...I am currently making a huge afghan using her yarn...it does get softer when washed, but I agree, that is does feel a bit scratchy to me as well...and, at least all of it is from my stash---I had purchased over 60 skeins of it about 2 years ago...I used most of it for lapghans for a nursing home, and my current afghan will use 9 skeins...I believe there are only about 6 skeins left!!! YAY!

Kookaloo--you are on a roll with those divine hats....I really like that you are mixing it up--the grey band looks like you designed it that way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

plaidpineapple
« Reply #398 on: January 31, 2013 08:03:54 AM »

I have been doing a lot of sewing from stash.  I have not purchased any new fabric except a couple yards that I needed to make "free shipping" status for an order for fabric for a swap.  
A couple of the items I made:  A Valentines Day Wreath

A pillow sham and throw pillow to match my quilt:

« Last Edit: January 31, 2013 08:05:27 AM by plaidpineapple » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jfer007
« Reply #399 on: January 31, 2013 09:14:39 AM »

That wreath is darling!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chakin Sushi Recipe
Insari Sushi Recipe
How to Make Shrimp Fried Rice With Brown Rice Recipe
How to Make Pan Fried Tofu Recipe
How to Make Kung Pao Chicken Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...