A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,146
Currently Running With Scissors:
461 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 148198 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #380 on: January 29, 2013 09:18:50 AM »

Bummer. I hate it when that happens. I had yarn like that once. When I would try to frog it, it would ruin the yarn. So annoying.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
silk81
« Reply #381 on: January 29, 2013 09:36:55 AM »

Destashed 3/4 a skein into the bin as I went wrong somewhere and couldn't frog it  Sad I'm left with just over two full skeins that I don't fancy using now and sis still hasn't got a b'day gift.
That sucks!

But the scarf is beautiful. There are so many great patterns on that site.

Maybe I should add to my yarn stash while I'm destashing my fabric Wink

But would have to stick with knitting patterns
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wish my lipstick was a little more ... HALLUCINOGENIC!

Join the Boy Clothes Sewalong
lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #382 on: January 29, 2013 10:04:17 AM »

I've made quite a few hats and fingerless glove sets and will post pics when I finish this last hat. Not too motivated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
whatthepuck
« Reply #383 on: January 29, 2013 01:20:09 PM »

Mohair yarn is the worst. It's almost impossible to pull out. I frog everything at least once. It's so pretty, but I've learned that mohair just isn't for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Swaps:
Mini 13 DoH
Aug ATC 5/5/2
Bookmark

Would love to personal swap for Blythe granny square hat(s)
meowari
« Reply #384 on: January 30, 2013 03:20:34 AM »

I haven't gotten much done at all, but I did finish a dish/washcloth for my father out of the same cotton yarn I used for the swiffer cover. He washes his dishes with a washcloth, so I figured I would make him a nice sturdy one to use instead. Maybe I'll crochet him a drying cloth next...
Every time I plan on working on organising, something comes up and I can't. I haven't bought any new craft supplies (except for a tube of E6000 glue to replace one that had busted)- as a matter of fact, except for that trip (and I went right to the glue and right back out), I haven't been to a craft or thrift store all month, so that's a start!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #385 on: January 30, 2013 06:08:07 AM »

Yesterday, in between the bouts of couching, I went through and pulled some fabric from my outside building. I want to make hats to sell so I needed to see what sort of 'extra' fabric I could spare before I went out and bought any more.

I managed to find 14 yards, 14 yards of suitable fabric. I figured I might find 4 or 5 yards. I still have over 80 yards of fabric that I can see.  Sad  This does not include the fabric stashed in other places.

I should be rich once I finish using or selling all of my excess fabric off this year.  Roll Eyes

Meowari, it is difficult to run into and then straight back out of craft stores, isn't it? But I've begun to do the same thing in the grocery store too. Maybe I can save enough money to take a vacation this summer just by this one trick.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #386 on: January 30, 2013 06:40:03 AM »

Having one of those days where it feels as if I will never be done organizing and destashing my supplies. Right now organization is the really big thing though last night as I was sorting out 12" paper by color (solids in one rack, patterns in another) I started pulling out paper I did not like but had kept "just in case" we have a reuse market that recycles used and unwanted craft supplies and I now have about 35 sheets of 12x12" paper and card stock for them.
Intellectually I know I am making huge progress and that it is one of those down winter days so I know I will get over it but I only have a week and a half til deadline (which is my subversive Valentine's day crafting party in 10 days) and there is still so much to do and I am kind of overwhelmed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #387 on: January 30, 2013 08:59:40 AM »

There must be another person with the same username as mine....Cheesy...I don't think I would send yarn to another person who is trying to destash.... Grin

I found 8 skeins of gold Vanna White Yarn, the huge skeins, so I started crocheting an afghan...I am determined to make it through January without spending anymore that I have (less than $60)....I know Valentines Day is coming, but I think I have enough red, white and pink yarns and fabrics to get through...

I am going to make a mini list of my February destashing goals this weekend...we can get through this together...

Love seeing the yarn goodies--hats, monsters...they all help!

If anyone wants to make fake beards without using plastic canvas....I made one last year for rackycoo using single crochet as the base...I then attached the yarns to the crochet base...it really was easy and soft on the face as well...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 110/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 30, 2013 09:53:14 AM »

Trina--you've just gotta break it into steps, then focus on the completion of those steps.  That might help you feel like you're accomplishing something.  You might also look at those steps and decide which are the most neccessary, and which would be nice to get done but can be let go to reduce your stress level.  You can do it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scholars and artists...differ most importantly in the way their knowledge is come by.  Scholars get theirs with conscientious thoroughness along projected lines of logic; poets...stick to nothing deliberately, but let what will stick to them like burrs where they walk in the fields.
  -Robert Frost
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #389 on: January 30, 2013 10:08:41 AM »

I am most certainly getting through my stash of nylon webbing and plastic buckles, Sharnie has eaten another collar so I had to replace it.
I'm also working on another Divine hat with some grey/white yarn that was leftover for Xmas knitting a few years ago.It all helps  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Greasy Hair Look Good
How to Make a Pretty Ponytail
Double Dare: The Ponytail Fabric
Beauty Test Lab: Amika Triple Barrel Pro-Curler Set
How to Get Beachy Waves
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...