A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
523 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 150225 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #360 on: January 27, 2013 11:15:50 AM »

I took that break from sorting to get the front room ready for a game and it didn't happen...lol
Oh well the break helped and even then I did some small things and I am ready now to get sorting again, can't wait til it is totally done!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
SenatorOrgana
« Reply #361 on: January 27, 2013 01:22:18 PM »

Jumping in a little late, but this is something I need to do! Somehow, even though I've moved every summer for the past 5ish years, I've managed to create quite a stash. And then my parents moved to town and I found even MORE stuff I had stashed from years of living at home! Time to start using up some of this stuff...

I'm doing the 50 projects craftalong as well. Still too new to post pics but here's a link to pictures of some of my stash areas... I should definitely do before and after shots! There's also a lot in my storage unit.

As far as goals go, I would like to use up the oldest stuff I have so I can treat myself to new goodies Smiley Some of the beads, papers, and fabrics I have have traveled with me for 6-7+ years... time to get those out of here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
silk81
« Reply #362 on: January 27, 2013 01:36:14 PM »

Last week I had a fun conversation with a colleague.
He was talking about his MIL who is a professional seamstress / tailor and said something like that:
       You wouldn't believe how much fabric she is hoarding. She has two large boxes just sitting in a shelf.
Me: Well, I bet I can beat that. I'm a lot faster in buying fabric than in sewing.
Him: You seriously think you can beat that, two boxes about that size (and he was showing me the size)
Me: Easily!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wish my lipstick was a little more ... HALLUCINOGENIC!

Join the Boy Clothes Sewalong
nisforneville
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

N is for Neville who died of ennui

« Reply #363 on: January 27, 2013 04:06:38 PM »

Well I used the last of my fiberfill on these 3 guys, so now that's out of my room. These are going to The Recovery Buddies Project.

Other than these I've been making a lot of squares for the Pine Ridge Reservation and other charity projects that aren't really post-worthy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps, just ask!

http://www.pinterest.com/nisforneville/wishlist/
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #364 on: January 27, 2013 04:27:56 PM »

I found plastic canvas in my local store, I'd never come across it before and was rather excited to spot it  Cheesy it means my sister and her wife can have matching beards next time I have an occasion to craft for them  Grin

Kookaloo, that has got to be my all-time-favourite Craftster quote! I bet I'll still have the grin on my face when I go to sleep tonight! Grin

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #365 on: January 27, 2013 05:18:25 PM »

silk81  Ahahahaha! Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

nisforneville those dolls are so cool. I am digging those trippy arms and legs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 27, 2013 08:05:09 PM »

Guys, I fell off the wagon hard today.  To the tune of 50+ yards of fabric.   Tongue I went to the monthly consignment auction and got blindsided by bolts and bolts of fabric that was selling, in some cases, for a few dollars a BOLT! With all my purchases together, I paid an average of less than 75 cents a yard.  I'm not actually that broken up about it, as I managed to get some fabric for steampunk costumes, which take lots and lots of yards.  At least since it's on bolts, it will be better to store nicely.  Just had to confess. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #367 on: January 27, 2013 08:12:20 PM »

Wow! I dream of buying 50 plus yards of fabric, but then reality and price tags rear their ugly heads. Great job on getting it so inexpensive.  And I too have fallen off the wagon. In fact I don't think I ever actually made it in as all I have done this month is add and add and add some more to my stash.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #368 on: January 28, 2013 03:08:33 AM »

Thanks Wulf  Smiley it makes me grin every time I think of it too  Grin

A little more yarn destashing. I made another cobweb catcher and this hat.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418404.msg4971680#msg4971680

I still have a partial skein of the mint green DK to use, possibly enough for another hat if I use another colour too. One drawer of my yarn storage is just DK bits that aren't big enough for a full item and my plan is to use them up on my charity hats.

I can attest to the fact that Alwaysinmyroom is destashing as she destashed some lovely textured yarns to me this week  Grin These are going to be perfect for doll hair  Grin Thanks again Always  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
vampedangel14

Easily craftstracted!

« Reply #369 on: January 28, 2013 08:17:47 AM »

I am destashing all of my jewelry supplies to one of my friends who actually makes stuff. I see something shiny and buy in in hopes of finding a use for it later. I am cutting a lot of craft stuff out and trying to focus on one or two areas. I also got rid of a bunch of old fabric that was given to me. Most of it was old and faded and there were actually quite a few pairs of  sheer curtains. Just the fabric emptied out my craft cabinet so I can actually put other things in there now! I also bought a peg board so I can hang some of my tools up out of the way. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Smoked Salmon Hash Part 2/2
How to Make Smoked Salmon Hash Part 1/2
How to Make Salmon Breakfast Bruschetta
How to Make Salmon Surprise
How to Make Gravlax with Ginger Mustard Sauce
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...