A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 305,732
Currently Running With Scissors:
620 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 158107 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RachaelD
« Reply #250 on: January 17, 2013 07:21:32 PM »

Wow trinalocakary!  That looks awesome!  I bet you are so pleased you persevered!

Rachael
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013 07:23:09 PM by RachaelD » THIS ROCKS   Logged
J_Kieviet
« Reply #251 on: January 17, 2013 10:51:20 PM »

Since last week I've used about 9 meters of black fabric (2 projects aren't completed yet), which took out a fair amount of fabric stash:)  The goal is to use ALL current fabric stash by July.  Don't worry - I work at Fabricland so I'll get new fabrics once a month or so:) - but they have to be used and on display within 2 weeks, so it's easy not to add to stash.

Also does it count if I put my stash into my nieces sewing boxes? I've put 4 chunks into a bag for the 4 year old after she told me it wasn't fair she didn't get fabric for Christmas.

Pics soon, I promise.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #252 on: January 18, 2013 01:57:33 AM »

Have caught up reading the last pages of entries... aw, ScrappySue, I love your archer! Hehe, he looks like Fili Wink

I've tackled my fabric stash... for days... not an end in sight Wink
I really don't need more fabric right now. But I definitely need more yarn!

But the good thing so far, I sorted through a cabinet that was supposed to hold our fotographs, but after the move ended up with "everything fabric" from tablecloths to scraps that I had used for packaging stuff. So now I finally made room for our pictures, and got the fabric sorted through... but I still ended up with a pile of stuff that hasn't got a home yet.
Another success: I threw out some old, torn scarves!

Throwing something away is a good thing because it means I won't buy it again. Once, because the "keep it for later use" reasoning falls flat, and second, because I don't want to end up throwing it away again.
When storing something makes sense, I tend to accumulate more of the same.

Very late, but have to say it: I love everyone's stash. Thank you everyone who posted pictures!
And I have a special Viking crush on the leather, wool and linen parts of Wolf's stash Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meowari
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #253 on: January 18, 2013 04:28:22 AM »

Apparently, I've had the flu this week, that's why I have been so... un-energetic. I stayed home yesterday and slept. I'm home again today and I decided that if I feel okay moving around by noon, I'm going to at least bring some boxes in the living room to sort through. I hate wasting the day, not getting paid and not getting anything else done... Being sick sucks. I love New England, but I feel like I've been sick every other week since I moved here!

That paint holder is awesome, now I wish I hadn't gotten rid of my wire storage!
Everybody is making such great progress, I've got to catch up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #254 on: January 18, 2013 06:37:41 AM »

I'm filling up the fabric give away box, and the theme is polka dots, so I put that in there too. LOL, cats found the box, so whoever gets it will have to put up with cat hairs. Just finished the JJ swap and packaged to go to post today. Got another doll to make, but have time so I have about 2 weeks I can organize and throwaway. Sun is finally shining, but roads are icy/snowy. Can't have it all. But I am energized. Have been picking up things around the house and putting them in their new homes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
meowari

« Reply #255 on: January 18, 2013 01:01:51 PM »

I sorted out 3 big boxes of stuff and put everything in 2 of them away. The third one has papers in it that need to be filed, I'm keeping it until the very end. I also emptied 1 little box and finally went through and organised my big (maybe 2 gallon sized) pen/pencil/marker plastic bin. I didn't have as much as I thought, it just looked like a ton from the outside. I used gallon ziploc bags and divided everything into categories: sharpies & office markers (dry erase/highlighters/etc); art markers, felt markers & pens; pencils (coloured/mechanical/art/regular); erasers & pencil sharpeners; mini rulers/protractors/lead; caligraphy ink & nibs; binder clips. I kept all boxed pencil/crayon/marker sets together and put them to the side of the container. I put a cup full pens/pencils/sharpies/art markers on my worktable so I don't have to dig around to get to my basics. It doesn't seem like a lot, but it's something I've been meaning to do for years.

While I was sorting, I found a pattern for a shirt that I can make with my curtain! Now, all I have to do is find my instruction manual to make sure I'm threading my machine correctly...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #256 on: January 18, 2013 01:08:22 PM »

It is nice that you are giving yourself a break by taking out some time to craft...you have worked hard and a reward is that you can find stuff to make! Cheesy

Keep up the good work, everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

plaidpineapple
« Reply #257 on: January 18, 2013 01:16:32 PM »

Finished a Girls Modkid Kyoko tunic -all from my ridiculously large fabric stash. I did not have enough of the fabric for sleeves so made it sleeveless for the summer.

I have been trying to resist buying new fabrics but I need more willpower!  M  u  s  t  use  my stash and be able to see my tabletop again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cursive_queen
« Reply #258 on: January 18, 2013 01:53:00 PM »

cute dress PlaidPinapple!  I like that pattern, so it's neat to see a variation on it
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #259 on: January 18, 2013 02:16:00 PM »

Pretty dress, the butterfly fabric is adorable  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Colette Livermore Talks About Hope Endures
Tori Spelling Talks About Being a Mother in The Public Eye
Amelia Rules Book Trailer
Liz Funk Reveals Who She Admires Most
David Rabe Reveals His Favorite Movie
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...