A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
355 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 150330 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Craftsunderground
« Reply #230 on: January 15, 2013 11:37:08 AM »

Whoa, Always! You have a paper crafting and a sewing room. Which one are you always in?j
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teesha Moore inspired patches--anyone want to swap?
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #231 on: January 15, 2013 11:40:44 AM »

ha ha usually my sewing room but now that I have wifi, I am changing my user name to:

oncealwaysinmyroomisnowroaming Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 15, 2013 01:50:40 PM »

Had a $2000 day yesterday between car repairs and a trip to the emergency vet.   Sad Stash busting just went from an optional challenge to a virtual necessity. Good thing I was planning projects from my stash already!  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet
« Reply #233 on: January 15, 2013 02:47:22 PM »

Love the painting! It feels like I should duck so I don't get shot, lol.

I have been working on a very belated Christmas gift for my Husband so I haven't done much stash busting but I did find a small UFO that I had forgotten about and hopefully will be finishing it up this evening.

Had a $2000 day yesterday between car repairs and a trip to the emergency vet.   Sad Stash busting just went from an optional challenge to a virtual necessity. Good thing I was planning projects from my stash already!  Tongue

emergency vet visits are scary, hope everything's ok.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #234 on: January 15, 2013 06:41:39 PM »

I am making 3 of the wire racks turned paint holders using little Lincoln log type things as the spacers, I have 2 done and will hang them up tonight and take pics of them loaded up.
Spent yesterday and today totally stressed out about money and thankfully it will work out OK but as with fishstix43 and so many others stash busting is now a priority.  I have spent some money on storage supplies but I am trying to use either $1 items or stuff we already have lots of.
Watched the BBCs version of Terry Pratchetts Going Postal and spent the entire 3 hours sorting random bits into the first sort, a few big boxes are now 10 smaller boxes mostly decided by type.  After this the stuff in each smaller box will either be sorted further or/and put where it belongs...otherwise known as "the hard part"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #235 on: January 16, 2013 03:59:58 AM »

The original photo that the wire rack paint holder came from shows it being held up with ribbon...LIES!!!!! Angry Angry Angry Angry
I wish I could have done the PVC pipe version but no such luck.  I will be going to the store in the morning to buy plant hanging hooks with counter sinks, 2 for each rack then maybe they won't push away from the wall at the sides and bottom.
Arggggg was so motivated then spent 30 mins putting them up and another 40 organizing paints and trying to get them to stay up against the wall

Anyone else ever have one of those days with your mess stash where you think..."would it be such a big deal to burn it all"
Stupid seasonal affective  disorder
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013 09:15:29 AM by trinalocakary » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 16, 2013 06:30:08 AM »

Well one cat has lost 6" of tail, but she will be okay and that's the important bit.  On a positive note, I have today off after working over 200 hours in the lab over the last 2 weeks, and my current project is a destash that I think is pretty creative.  Hopefully I can finish it up to post!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #237 on: January 16, 2013 07:16:32 AM »

On top of trying to destash my crafting rooms, hubby has put down an ultimatum:  destash my books!  He is remodeling the basement so I will go from six bookcases to three...stressing out as I hate giving away books...I need to figure out where I can hide them...maybe the trunk of my car...or at work...I think I will take some boxes from work and bring the books here..ok--done stressing... Cheesy

ooo--poor kitty--just read that fishstix!  Sorry!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013 07:17:47 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: January 16, 2013 08:06:42 AM »

Well one cat has lost 6" of tail, but she will be okay and that's the important bit.  On a positive note, I have today off after working over 200 hours in the lab over the last 2 weeks, and my current project is a destash that I think is pretty creative.  Hopefully I can finish it up to post!

Crafting can be dangerous to our pets. Conversation overheard last night.

'What is that smell? Is that hair burning? Is that the cat? Seriously? The cat is on fire?!'

Just singed the hair off a bit of his tail, but he had already been moved from the soldering iron moments before.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smeddley

« Reply #239 on: January 16, 2013 04:21:38 PM »

Glad to hear the kitty is going to be okay!  It's so stressful when something happens to pets.  :/

I was searching for something I know I have, but of course can't find, when I pulled aside a mound of miscellaneous fabric and stuff and found TWELVE MORE SKEINS of yarn.  And not little, or bulky yarn, nooooooo.  Two of them are 1200 yard fingering weight I got at the renfest.  O.o

I turned around and walked out.  Just couldn't deal with it.  And that's why I need to destash, because I don't want to feel that way!

Good news, went to JoAnn (yup, same place that tempted me with yarn last time) and even though their clearance fabric was 50% off, I walked out with only the things I went in there for (which I needed to complete other projects - some batting and thread for quilts, and a specific color paint).  And I wasn't even that tempted, to be honest.  I think... I think I may be really serious about destashing this time!  Not like last year, when my goal was to end up 50 skeins of yarn DOWN from the first of the year, and I ended up close to 40 skeins UP...  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Digital Camera Tips: When to use the Flash
Digital Camera Tips: Check Your Focus
Digital Camera Tips: Lens Aperture Relationship
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set White Balance Function
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set Timer Function
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...