A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 304,873
Currently Running With Scissors:
725 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 154967 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #200 on: January 12, 2013 04:04:51 AM »

Yesterday at about 1 am I got my Netflix working (HD was killing the syncing) and watched 3 hours of Sherlock and sorted out bins of paper, they eventually need more sorting but for now they are mostly sorted by type and size and can be put away in the craft room to be nit picked sorted later into a spectrum and more detailed sizes.
I also did a basic sort of my huge box of pens, pencils and markers. I am trying to figure out a sturdy way to store them, I like the TP roll idea but want it a little tougher, thinking of doing another one  with small cans in a box, need to buy more small tomato sauce cans
Also I found this weird little log cabin kit that has 12 logs about 3-4 inches long with notches in them,enough to make 3 wire rack paint bottle holders.
Going to put the paper up now, try to put the paint holder together and Do an hour or so of sorting out random bits and bobs in an initial sort, like with like and then do a deeper sort later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: January 12, 2013 04:40:44 AM »

I got most of my yarn squared away last night. I have 4 drawers of grouped colours and then 2 of oddments. This doesn't include cones or crochet thread. Also I now have to drawers of sewing thread and 1 with elastic and lace in the other unit,these were previously stored in grocery bags.
My woven fabric is out of the cardboard box and in a 70 litre clear box(should have bought the 100 litre  Roll Eyes) so I can see what I have. My doll making supplies are in a clear under-bed box which will actually be able to go under the sofa bed  Smiley

I found a stack of 6" to 10" granny squares in various colours, I think I will join them all and use as a dog blanket and a pillow as Sharnie likes to snuggle under a blanket and Nala likes to lie with her head on a pillow and doggies don't care if the colours match  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
carolmb
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

50 Projects 2014 List total 9/24

Making things, makes life happy!

« Reply #202 on: January 12, 2013 08:07:11 AM »

Okay so after a week of walking in the craft room and walking right back out. I finally got myself to go in and start.

I have been clearing off shelves throwing out dried paint, odds and ins. Taking an honest look at things asking myself "Will I get around to do this? Am I going to go back to doing this? Do I really want to do this?

If the answer to any of the questions was no then it is going away.

I went through the patterns, removing the ones I have no plans of doing now, that the girls have out grown, that I got from other people and kept thinking I might try that.

I combined the sewing notions, those I will sort another day. Far to many buttons, fasteners, and other things that I have no honest clue what they are for, but the person that gave them to me use to sew a lot, and figured I could use at some point.

I still have the beading corner to tackle. And seeing how I am going to have to take a hard look at what I will honestly use there I am saving that for later today.

So all in all not a bad morning. Have a box to be donated, A large bag to go out with the trash and empty bins

well and wonderment
carol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #203 on: January 12, 2013 02:49:20 PM »

Last night I sorted all my pens and pencils into the metal version of the toilet paper roll pen sorter I made last year

and then used small mason jars (half pints?) to put the rest into, the problem with that is it really is a waste of the mason jars that I could use with their lids secured to the bottom of a shelf then screw the jars on them for hanging storage of bits and pieces.
Like this one I found on line

I stopped by Dollar Tree dollar store and spent $15 on 15 black metal mesh pen cups all about the size of the jars but I won't worry about breaking them or wasting the jars.  .

I think it will be a good investment, they also had a bunch of snap tight lidded containers about as long as a pencil and about 4 inches deep and 4 inches wide
http://m.dollartree.com/mt/www.dollartree.com/cleaning-storage-hardware/storage/212c261c261/index.cat?un_jtt_v_f=72
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #204 on: January 12, 2013 04:11:38 PM »

<snip> I have been clearing off shelves throwing out dried paint, </snip>

Came across some today and doing the same.

Filling up a 13 gal trash bag today with stuff that I will not use nor should anyone else.

4 hours without internet yesterday got a lot of stuff sorted, trashed, and even the housework. LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: January 12, 2013 08:45:14 PM »

What a cool idea with the mason jars.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
mellybelly81
my handmade dream

I'll have that... I might be able to use it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: January 12, 2013 11:06:22 PM »

due to our renovations we have a lot of boxes around. In an effort to make some more space for  my stash (well so i can have it all together and not have boxes forgotten in a corner) i went through some boxes of clothes. I reduced 2 3' packing boxes to less than 1 so it clears some space for stash boxes! BUT problem is along with the rubbish and op shop pile, there is a reasonable "cut up for fabric" pile! :S I just couldn't throw away clothes that for the most part good but just not quite ok for the op shop (big stain, holes, split seams) plus i kept a few things that i really loved wearing think would be nice fabric. Feel a bit bad about cutting up perfectly good clothes but oh well the op shop got plenty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2013 - 6/50
13 quilts in 2013 - 0/13
Destash-along

http://pinterest.com/myhandmadedream/

Looking for teal/turquoise/aqua, grey and white (or a combo) fabric for a quilt.

My son loves Peppa Pig's brother George and Raa Raa the noisy lion.
Kookaloo_Starr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: January 13, 2013 12:07:35 PM »

destashed some left over granny squares into a blanket for Sharnie, she likes to lie on my footstool so this should protect it from mucky paws a little bit  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
gaudiknight
« Reply #208 on: January 13, 2013 12:16:33 PM »

Awesome work on the cleaning, and yay for getting some actual crafting done.

I was also on a granny square kick this week.  Finished another lapghan, about 32 inches square.

Scrapghan Lapghan by AluminumDryad, on Flickr
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: January 13, 2013 12:46:56 PM »

Much prettier than my doggy blanket Gaudiknight  Cheesy I hope to get some proper crafting down this coming week but I'm on a course for three days and them helping my older sister out at her house another day so it cuts into my crafting time somewhat. I have been sitting and knitting today but I'm very slow at it so you won't see a F.O for a while yet  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in '14
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mally Roncal’s Instant Face-Lift?
Can Eyeliner Give You an Eye Lift?
Dudes Attempt A @Mac_daddyy Makeup Tutorial
Home Remedies for Acne
A Month Without Makeup; One Girl’s Quest to Find True Beauty
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...