A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,597
Currently Running With Scissors:
740 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 143667 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #180 on: January 09, 2013 11:04:46 AM »

ok--I have been sent a "wrangle them in" order...reminder: please take all off topic convos over to the Friends of Craftster Boards...feel free to show off your destashing efforts and your actual stashes, but let's keep the chit chat on topic...the public boards are for crafting and not for venting...nuff said...

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: January 09, 2013 11:42:54 AM »

oops, sorry  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: January 09, 2013 12:47:24 PM »

Well it looks as if I have just another reason to work only from stash as my husband was just laid off after waiting three weeks to go back to work.  Angry

Which means I get to become truly reacquainted with what lurks in my stash. Because  lets face it, there is no way I will stop making things as long as my mind and body somewhat work.  Cheesy

So far, I have used part of a sweater I've begun to recycle, a yard of fleece to make sock and more mitts plus another yard and a half of flannel, plus maybe 1/4 yard more, to make two to full aprons. I think one will be a Christmas present for next year.

Does anyone here care to see pictures of my FOs here or would you rather see pictures over on the 52 in 2013 thread? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cursive_queen
« Reply #183 on: January 09, 2013 12:51:09 PM »

RLB - I'm so sorry to hear about your husband getting laid off.
You could post in one thread and then link in the other.  Not everyone follows both threads Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: January 09, 2013 01:08:50 PM »

I usually post in one and link to the other RLB.
Sorry about your hubby  Sad we've been in that situation since October so stash busting has become the norm for me now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #185 on: January 09, 2013 01:16:36 PM »

Love seeing your pictures RLB!!  You can post both places or link...

I am sorry to hear of your financial situtation...in times like this, it might be good that we all have a stash...Sad

I caved and bought yarn...Jan. 9...$57.65 spent...I know it was because I was stressed out at work...but I will be making more socks and something for a swap! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #186 on: January 09, 2013 03:37:50 PM »

ok--I have been sent a "wrangle them in" order...reminder: please take all off topic convos over to the Friends of Craftster Boards...feel free to show off your destashing efforts and your actual stashes, but let's keep the chit chat on topic...the public boards are for crafting and not for venting...nuff said...

Thanks!

Lol I told my husband I would not spend more on crafts this month if he would pay the $12 for the friends of crafters year fee on the 15 the because I don't want to wait til I get paid on the 3rd
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
gaudiknight
« Reply #187 on: January 09, 2013 07:41:53 PM »

Thank goodness you guys have bigger stashes than I do! Sharalee, my ultimate goal is to move into a Tiny House ( http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com/ ), every time I get more space, I just fill it up!

Another tiny house fan!  I am thoroughly in love with that concept.  Not sure I'll ever make it that small, but every time I go on a "get rid of things" kick it's with that in the back of my mind.

Finally, I have a project to show off!  (I did finish a scarf last week, but it still needs to be blocked, so it isn't really finished, now is it?)  My friend sent me this yarn from Australia 4 (?) years ago, and  I finally found a good pattern for it.

9/365 Mitts by AluminumDryad, on Flickr

I've also been working on getting my odds and ends of scrapbook paper in order.  I cut all my bizarre sizes down to 4x6 or 4x3 because those are what I use most frequently once I've done whatever I'm going to do with the bulk of the sheet.  It has made storage so much easier.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #188 on: January 10, 2013 04:48:29 AM »

I've also been working on getting my odds and ends of scrapbook paper in order.  I cut all my bizarre sizes down to 4x6 or 4x3 because those are what I use most frequently once I've done whatever I'm going to do with the bulk of the sheet.  It has made storage so much easier.

I should do that, I just need to find the slider blade to my cutter...lol
I got a small 13x13 inch 3 drawer set for larger paper, I also have about 8 of the 12x12 inch plastic folders and a hanging file box that I have stashed clippings from magazines in but it has a ton of space, seems like the next project to do while I finish healing up should be sorting the 50 to 75 pounds or so of paper I have scattered all over.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #189 on: January 10, 2013 06:21:21 AM »

Those mitts are lovely!  I love the ribbed patterns because they seem to fit just about anybody!

I am not ready to deal with my paper stash...at least they are in bins...I can't find what I want readily, but that is just something I will have to deal with...maybe in the fall...Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make Chicken with Tomatoes in a Dutch Oven
How to make BBQ Chicken Hash in a Dutch Oven
How to make Beef Stew
How to make Cheeseburger
How to make Rotisserie Chicken on the Grill
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...