A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,130
Currently Running With Scissors:
593 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 148131 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

meowari
« Reply #150 on: January 07, 2013 06:08:17 PM »

I go away for the weekend and come back to a lot of progress (and yes, I count posting craft area pictures as progress)! Congratulations, everyone!  Grin Grin Grin Grin I brought a crochet project with me, but didn't get to work on it all that much because my hands have been killing me since Friday. Does anyone else have carpal tunnel and find that wrist guards actually make their hands feel worse? I haven't even been able to do the stupid hand exercises they gave me last week when I went to physical therapy... Grrrr.  Angry  I had a crap day at work and sat and watched Miss Marple after work instead of doing anything in my craft room. I did clip coupons, though, so at least I was doing something productive.  Undecided
I'm a bit depressed right now (okay, super depressed) and I'm trying really hard to pull myself out of it, but it's so hard. Looking on the bright side, I have no interest in thinking about crafting for the moment, so when I checked my email today, I deleted all of my sales flyers without even opening them! $0 spent so far on craft supplies this year! I just wanted to check in and let you guys know that reading all of your posts gives me the only spark of hope that I've had all weekend- maybe tomorrow it won't feel so overwhelming when I open my craft room door.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #151 on: January 07, 2013 09:24:09 PM »

meowari, we are all in the same boat. I love that on this one particular board I can share my shame. I have had some very trying times lately, and even got some bad news today, but trying not to be depressed for me has nothing to do with my hoard. Baby steps girl.

Everyone sharing helps and craftster is therapy, regardless of what anyone says.

Sending positive healing vibes your way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #152 on: January 07, 2013 11:06:01 PM »

llisaredd, just not buying more is a large part of the battle with clutter.

I understand there are some raw feelings on this, but I see the clutter/stash debate as this.

If you personally see it as stash, something that enhances your life, it is stash.

If your possessions are not something that enhances your life, it is clutter.

^THIS^
Exactly, for me it is my WONDERFUL SUPPLY STASH as long as it is organized and useful, as soon as it gets out of hand, disorganized and I cant work with it it becomes my CLUTTERED STASH OF THINGS and needs DeStashing even if that just means getting it organized and usable again.
For me part of usable will be getting rid of a few things, using up a few things and controlling my spending (which is another major issue all together and involves all aspects of my impulsive spending nature)

Thank you everyone for the well wishes
I will be off my leg whether I want or not for 2 more days and I am using the time to make a plan of attack, I may still get the husband (who is being amazing) to get the other bins out of the garage so I can sit for 10-15 mins at a time and empty them and wipe them down.  I just have to not carry anything or stand for too long.

It is gonna happen by Valentines day Darn it!!!!  For Lent I am giving up buying craft supplies (Feb 13 to March 30th)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
trinalocakary

« Reply #153 on: January 07, 2013 11:23:52 PM »

I brought a crochet project with me, but didn't get to work on it all that much because my hands have been killing me since Friday. Does anyone else have carpal tunnel and find that wrist guards actually make their hands feel worse?
When I had that problem Wrist guards ALWAYS made it worse, try getting some of those cheap sponges and drench them in rubbing alcohol and put them in a zip lock and stick them in the freezer, they will stay malleable and you can wrap them on your wrist, they last about 15 mins which is perfect.

I'm a bit depressed right now (okay, super depressed) and I'm trying really hard to pull myself out of it, but it's so hard. Looking on the bright side, I have no interest in thinking about crafting for the moment, so when I checked my email today, I deleted all of my sales flyers without even opening them! $0 spent so far on craft supplies this year! I just wanted to check in and let you guys know that reading all of your posts gives me the only spark of hope that I've had all weekend- maybe tomorrow it won't feel so overwhelming when I open my craft room door.

Dont let not crafting get you down, I know how it is trust me, spend the time figuring out where you will put stuff and think up some simple crafts to use the stuff you have.
Good luck with your wrists and take it easy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
trinalocakary

« Reply #154 on: January 07, 2013 11:26:46 PM »

meowari, we are all in the same boat. I love that on this one particular board I can share my shame. I have had some very trying times lately, and even got some bad news today, but trying not to be depressed for me has nothing to do with my hoard. Baby steps girl.

Everyone sharing helps and craftster is therapy, regardless of what anyone says.

Sending positive healing vibes your way.

I hope things start looking up for you.
I know how it is ... pain can wear you down and then on top of it you are facing other stress, it is a catch 22, pain makes you less able to deal with stress, stress makes the pain worse
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: January 08, 2013 01:14:08 AM »

It's good to know there are others stuck in the stress/pain/depression/stress/pain cycle. Not good that you are but good that I'm not alone *hugs*

Today, if the dogs allow (doggy sitting my sons bitch as well as our own) I will spend some quality time sorting through my yarn and bagging up oddments to send to the charity shop. I also plan to do some knitting if my hands co-operate.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 08, 2013 06:01:27 AM »

Hugs and love to all of you suffering physically or emotionally right now.

I completed a project, not really from stash (bought within the last few months and for a specific project) but every piece of fabric that gets used makes room to bring in more of the stuff that's hiding in the storage unit.  Next project will definitely be stash, if it works out.  It has the potential to be an utter disaster, but I won't know until I try it, right? Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meowari
« Reply #157 on: January 08, 2013 06:05:24 AM »

Thank you for the tip, trinalocakary! I'll pick up a couple of sponges at the dollar tree tomorrow when I go grocery shopping. I was supposed to go today, but... can't make myself do it Embarrassed.
Thank you, everyone for all the support you show. I want you to know I remember each individual and their comments. It's just that I see people as their picture, but I can't for the life of me remember people's usernames when I try to post on here unless I can see them under my post when I go to reply, and then only one name at a time... I can copy and paste, but cannot hold a name in my head long enough to write my darn post- I am amazed at how you guys keep everything straight when you comment on each person's post! It's taken me 20 minutes to just get this out  Roll Eyes
Even though I don't thank you individually, I really appreciate it and I really am paying attention, worrying with you when things aren't going well in your lives, and cheering with you when they do.
I think I'll make some tea and try to use my allotted grocery shopping time to try to at least put away my craft stuff that I brought on my trip this weekend. See? You are already encouraging me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
llisaredd
While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats. - Mark Twain

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #158 on: January 08, 2013 10:13:11 AM »

As promised, here are some pics of my stash.

My new sewing desk and crafting area. This is in our spare bedroom/office/computer room/crafting room. I gave up a crafting table to the kid's pc so that I could de-stash and organize a bit. The filing cabinet has boxes of sewing supplies in the drawers, which I will move into the desk. Then I think I'll put paper craft supplies into the filing cabinet. All the books there are crafting books of some sort.

Looking into the "walk in" closet, that can't be walked into right now. This side has lots of fabric from the shelves down to the floor. In the cubby holes are various supplies and stashes. On top is yarn. I have so much fabric because I found a JoAnn's that was going out of business. When you can get an entire bolt of fabric for 90% off you buy it!

This is the other side of the closet. The top has more yarn. I gave away 3 bags (large shopping type bags) of it last year. I need to go through all the yarn and sort it by color and decide what I will keep and what will be given away. None of this yarn is "good" yarn. It's all cheap acrylic that was bought before I knew about "good" yarn. I can and will still use it - I'm not a yarn snob. Below the yarn you'll see lots of denim. I am going to make my son a quilt. This year! I've had it in mind for 3 years and it will get done this year!

The far left of this picture is my paper craft supplies. I have those plastic draw thingies full of stuff for inchies (read that as "full of small, tiny scraps of paper"). Next to that is tubs full of yarn, patterns, and um...I don't know what else. This got shoved in here while cleaning for the holidays. Need to go through these boxes. Below the paper begins my "good" yarn collection. This is the cotton, wool, and natural fiber stuff. There is some nice acrylic in here too. Most I have projects in mind for; some I just have because it's pretty. Not pictured, and below all this, is miscellaneous stash. I have to go through it and see what I have. Also not really pictured, but sitting in the middle of the closet (where one is supposed to "walk in") are some laundry baskets full of fabric and WIPs. There is also stuff just thrown in - yarn, boxes, ect. And a carpet cleaner that I need to find a better home for.

I'm looking forward to getting this all organized and having some great AFTER pictures Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #159 on: January 08, 2013 10:27:19 AM »

Wow lisaredd your stash is awesome. Yarn envy for sure. All my yarn is the cheap stuff too but useful for small projects I do often.

Today I am stressed but not depressed (the sun shining has a lot to do with mood)

Still working on the swap items but in a couple of days I will have two days off to deal with the craft room.

Some dude wants to have coffee with me. What do you guys think. Senior People Meet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Topshop and Adidas Collaboration Preview
7 Items You Need for Your Spring Wardrobe
2 Easy Ways to Wash Coated Denim
How to Wear High Waisted Mom Jeans
Obama Shops at The GAP in NYC
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...