A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
486 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 143277 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2013 10:38:31 AM »

lol mel--now that is an odd way to destash

lovesclutter--I saw the pictures and immediately starting drooling over all the things I wanted! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2013 11:25:04 AM »

lol mel--now that is an odd way to destash

lovesclutter--I saw the pictures and immediately starting drooling over all the things I wanted! Cheesy

Very happy to share AIMR. I love that others posted their spaces too. You know you always think you are alone in your addictions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2013 12:17:07 PM »

My philosophy is that addiction is not necessarily a bad thing unless it affects yours or someone you love in a bad way...whatever works!  My hubby will speak up if he can't find things or has to walk around too much stuff...we each have our own rooms, so not much complaining...plus, he hoards drums and CD's, so there! Cheesy

I am inspired, though, to declutter all parts of my life...as I get older, simpler is better!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2013 12:27:20 PM »

I'm on a decluttering kick too. Clutter just stresses me out (well the thought of cleaning up the clutter stresses me out) and then I get upset easier. So I figure if I get rid of the clutter the happier I will be.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
nisforneville

N is for Neville who died of ennui

« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2013 06:22:35 PM »

My stash, well, what I can get to at the moment anyway, haha.

Paint, beads, felt, and other odds and ends in containers.

5 bags full of yarn.

More yarn in a hamper and just piled everywhere.

More yarn, cross stitch supplies, and origami paper. In boxes, so out of the way at least, unlike my yarn.

2 packages ready to send off to knit-a-square in South Africa, an unfinished jumper, and 2 more bags of yarn... hard to tell, but it's all there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps, just ask!

http://www.pinterest.com/nisforneville/wishlist/
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2013 08:15:19 PM »

If it helps any, I basically got a few bins and just went around my whole house, closets, etc. and gathered up all yarn and yarn projects...next, I spent a few hours each week sorting, discarding, further organizing...the first step for me was to figure out what I had...

Now I can figure out what to do with it!

Jan 3--$0 spent! Cheesy

Done:
1. Organized yarn
2. Gathered up all interfacing into a bin
3. Cut cardboard to wrap more fabrics I found while organizing yarn
4.  Put all ATC's in notebook in order of my themes!
5.  Took all non-fiber supplies out of my craftroom into junky art room (I'll do that one in the summer! )

Now I am going to make something white with my sport yarn! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2013 09:49:31 PM »

I am using the free android app (it costs for apple) called inkpad to list what I buy for art, the best part is I can sync the stuff I input and access it on my phone, my tablet and on my laptop via their site

Today I bought $.78 worth of a hole punch, I have one and can't find it and the one project in my backpack I am allowing myself to do between now and when the room is done needs it.  Since I am rounding Up to the next $.50 I input it as $1

As for dealing with cleaning and having physical and or mental health issues (depression makes it hard to motivate and the mess can make depression worse) there is one blog on Tumblr that is epic in straight talk and honest motivation. 
The blogger has straightforward advice and posts other people's successes, many of the people who post have serious mental and physical issues and they take motivation from her and each other.
  Though there is a lot of swearing the blog is not obscene in that the photos and content are safe for work if language is not an issue...and trust me when I see that mess of art supplies I want to cuss too.
http://unfuckyourhabitat.tumblr.com/
She advocates making yourself take breaks, a 20/10 would be 20 mins of cleaning and 10 mins of break but she points out that even a 15/45 is better than 0/0 for getting stuff done.  She also points out that while the occasional marathon cleaning session might be called for in horrible messes they teach bad habits and in the long run maintenance is easier than marathons.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2013 04:06:53 AM »

Hehe, Wulf, okay, I see the problem. Wink

Time for my pictures:
My yarn and fabric archive

This looks tidy, but it's not good, the boxes just got filled up with whatever was around when we moved, and they're not in the order I need them to be in. My goal is to get all the boxes numbered (only the red ones are numbered right now), and sort them through, and make a list of what's where.
Also, on the right, rogue boxes taking up what was supposed to be a crafting space. Not good!

Then I have these, and more of these, former fabric boxes who didn't make it whole throught he move and need to be replaced, hopefully going into the archive, too...

and this is the stash that drives me nuts! It's work-in-progress boxes and unfinished projects boxes (those counts as stash, too) for which I have no good place right now, and other crafty stuff that got put here "for a few days". Definitely need to inventorize and organize these, and put them to use. And I need a better working space so I can have some in-progress projects around.

I have another place for stashing boxes, but these three are the ones that I want to sort through in January. Plus the sewing table (not pictured).

THIS ROCKS   Logged
fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2013 04:43:06 AM »

Ruby,  what kind of boxes are those in your fabric and yarn archive? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2013 05:55:34 AM »

Trina--I like the idea of not doing marathon cleaning and organizing...you are right...it just happens over and over for me...I feel like I am stuck in that movie Groundhog Day!  But, after all these years, I am also much more accepting that you can't clean and create...and I would much rather make something than dust...but, there has to be compromise and balance...I don't want to be frustrated by my clutter and I don't want to have so much stuff that when I die, it all goes to the landfill!

I like a lot of the storage ideas, but what I really need is a bigger house! Since I can't have that, I have to get rid of stuff, period.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Go Playful with Tropical Eyes and a Rosy Lip
Find Out What Rebecca Black Keeps in Her Beauty Bag
How to Get a Hello Kitty-Inspired Makeup Look
How to Get a Clear Pore-Free Complexion
Try Salon Gel Manicures At Home
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...