A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,137
Currently Running With Scissors:
645 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 142
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2013 Annual DeStash-Along (CLOSED)  (Read 148159 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gaudiknight
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2013 09:25:25 PM »

I just noticed the Givers and Needers swap has another round going.  This may be of interest to those who are already finding supplies that can go to new homes.

And I'm totally stealing the calendar idea too.  No more guessing when I started a knitting project when the time comes to update my ravelry account.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2013 12:29:51 AM »

This is a repost from 50 in 2013 but I thought it would give an idea what I am talking about when I say I am desperate to destash and organize

So one of the first big steps to fixing my art room up have been boxing everything that was in there up and putting everything except the paint, pens, markers and glue containers in the garage. We have a birthday party we are hosting here for a friend on Saturday so we will be sweeping and vacuuming in there then putting down a lot of floor pillows and putting our spare blankets in pillowcases so that people can lounge around and sleep in there if need be. Then Sunday we will bring in the rolling drawer units and clean them out and organize them how we want and hang up the plastic shoe bags I store small things in. We will mark everything with what goes where and I will bring in one box of things at a time then sort and inventory everything and put it away. This is my goal over the next 6 weeks. I wish I could go faster but between dealing with hundreds upon hundreds of different bits and pieces of art supplies that are in total disarray (literally hundreds of pounds of stuff, yes I am a hoarder) and my physical limitations and other commitments I will be lucky to be done that fast.

Right now the hard part is as I packed stuff up I want to use it, I left some supplies in my backpack to use when we go to coffee but I can't let myself start crafting out of the stuff in the garage or nothing will ever be put back the right way. Right now I am only giving myself a few hours a week to craft or art journal until it is all done

Here are some photos.
Pile of material that is now bagged up in the garage

Art room, computer desk now in my bedroom closet

More art room, supplies moved into garage, furniture stayed

And more art room

BEFORE any of this stuff went in the garage this stuff was already there plus more I didn't get photos of

« Last Edit: January 09, 2013 09:19:17 AM by trinalocakary » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
meowari
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2013 03:20:47 AM »

Thanks, Sharalee, it makes me feel better knowing that there are others out there that are just as bad or worse than mine!  Wink
Yesterday, I cleared enough space off of my work table to use my sewing machine! I spent $110 to get my machine serviced in November. November of 2011, that is... It's been in a box since then, and it was so nice to use it last night!
I also neatened up all of the stuff that is piled up on the futon, I'm almost ready to start sorting some of the boxes that are under the work table and I'm using the futon for sorting. I am giving myself until the 15th to get it cleared off, because our friends are staying over on the 17th and need the futon. I would love for it to be usable as a guest room/craft room/ music room by then, but I don't want to get ahead of myself...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ScrappySue
Tutorial Contributor

Oh, not you. We named the monkey Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2013 04:30:21 AM »

ok if you have a weak stomach, look away now

I can only open two out of three doors, doh

admittedly, lots of stuff does get made out of this chaos, its not just storage.
S
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started a wist!
http://wists.com/scrappysue
working on the Teesha Moore craftalong
Destashing the craft room
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2013 04:48:10 AM »

I'm a bit envious of the stashes posted, everyone seems to have waaay more stuff than me, I just don't keep it under control  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2013 05:05:03 AM »

I'm a bit envious of the stashes posted, everyone seems to have waaay more stuff than me, I just don't keep it under control  Roll Eyes

I will be honest 75% of the time I only ever touch about 20% of my stash
I get stuff on crazy ass clearance and then never figure out what to do with it...I am hoping that having it organized means I might actually do something with the 80% of my stash I never get into.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2013 05:39:49 AM »

I LOVE your stash of dresses you've slimmed out of T'rina, all that lovely velvety goodness. I'm a sucker for textures and velvet is on of my favourites, I'd have to make cushions with them so I could sit and stroke them all day long  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2013 06:15:03 AM »

Alright, so I got my stash organized in record time, sort of by accident.  Here's the timeline:
Monday- Get super inspired by you guys to clean my stash
Tuesday- Buy new shelving and assemble, drag everything out
Wednesday - Get notice that they're showing my apartment on Thursday?!?

So...yeah.  My whole crafting area is a nook in the hallway of my apartment.
Before:

This one is under my sewing table:

After:

One of those sewing machines is going into storage, I just haven't done it yet.

So the stuff actually in my area is pretty good, the problem is the stuff you don't see.  Outside of this I have my patterns in another random cabinet with my boyfriend's Dungeons and Dragons miniatures, as well as another large Rubbermaid container of fabric, in our storage unit.  My goal for destashing is to have all of it contained in my actual area by the end of the year.  The cube cabinet isn't organized exactly how I'd like it yet, but at least everything is put away.  For now.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2013 09:28:24 AM »

Oh, I was feeling so bad and you all shared your hoards as well. Like Trina I do have some physical limitations, but I think it can be done. Will check out the givers and needers swap too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2013 10:19:35 AM »

In an effort to destash, I just ordered some more fabric.  Tongue I ordered 3 1/2 yards to use up two charm packs. And of course, I'm going to have to buy even more to complete the projects. Shrug. At least they are projects I already had planned.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013 11:17:35 AM by meleriffic » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 142 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top 3 Ways to Style a Shoulder Length Bob
How to Control Frizz and Static for Fine Hair
A Holiday Hair Bow in 2 Minutes Flat
Tips for Thicker Hair and Lots of Volume
Nicole Scherzinger Inspired Braided Ponytail Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...